inTank Media Baskets

Xris's 20H - Here we go.

GokesReef

Morning everyone.. here's a few pics for you. Two shots of the new Maxi-mini and a new FTS.

Took a few more macros last night, didn't get around to editing them yet.. they'll be up sometime.

Maxi1.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm175/T.../reef/Maxi1.jpg

Maxi2.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm175/T.../reef/Maxi2.jpg

FTS.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm175/T...og/reef/FTS.jpg

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks.. I'd like to get 5 or 6 on that rock. Think it's got some potential, but it's hard to find any colors besides orange around here ;P

Thanks!

Should be getting a second maxi (going just to the left of that one) and hopefully a few Sexy's tomorrow.

Thanks!

Should be getting a second maxi (going just to the left of that one) and hopefully a few Sexy's tomorrow.

I've been trying to get someone local who will cut some of their maxis in trade for SPS. Turns out not many people have them in my area.

Very jealous of yours

NANOSHARKTANK

Looks good, but I think you need more fish. Possibly a tiger shark would look good in there. I heard they may knock over coral and eat ornamental shrimp, not too much information on keeping tiger sharks for some reason though. :P

I've been trying to get someone local who will cut some of their maxis in trade for SPS. Turns out not many people have them in my area.

Very jealous of yours

Thanks :D went to the other LFS today to pick up the second maxi (This color scheme, but it was attached to a 5LB piece of LR. So they told be I'd have to buy the rock...

I gave them my number and told them to call me when they manage to get it out of the rock.

I did, however, pick up a nice little sun coral frag. It looked kinda shot, but was only $15 for what appears to be 6-8 heads depending on which ones make it. We'll see if I can bring it back around :)

• 2 weeks later...
ParanoidObseshun

Things are looking nice! I have been meaning to stop into Finsanity but just keep forgetting too. Did he have a big selection of frags to choose from? Is that where youre getting most of your frags from or do you go to another LFS in the area?

Yeah he's got a great selection. Website said he just got a few dozen LPS in. Very worth checking out.. he has small frags starting at $5 all the way up to full colonies.

I also frequent Creature Comforts and Nature's Best Fish in/around Binghamton, NY.

ParanoidObseshun

Oh ok sounds good. Will definitely have to go soon. I have been to Natures best fish up in NY. Never picked up anything there and dont think I would. Only has some fish that seemed higher in price, and I really havent seen any corals there.

Yeah.. Nature's Best is an interesting place. The guy knows what he's talking about when it comes to fish, but, for the most part, he's a grumpy old man who likes to gripe about his lack of business.. I probably visit him twice a month, he knows us pretty well.

His coral is pretty fail though. He always gets huge colonies that won't fit in any of our tanks.

Finsanity, on the other hand, gets big colonies and then frags them down into 5-10 polyp frags. This is brilliant as I'm sure he makes more money that way and, personally, that's what I want. I don't need 200+ polyp colonies.

Creature Comforts is ok.. their staff is completely ignorant (one girl tried to tell me a maxi-mini nem was a mushroom) and prices are iffy, but I've gotten some good deals. The plate coral came from creature comforts. I also picked up a sickly sun coral there two weeks ago for $15. Still nursing that back to health.

I'm heading down to finsanity tonight to check out his new acans and pick up some CuC. I'll post pics of whatever I get.

Just got home - picked up the following:

-Fighting Conch

-Turbo

-Purple Acro

-2x small Acan (1-2 head) frags

Will post pics tomorrow once everything is settled in.

Any pics of the new stuff?

Sorry, I've been slacking on the pics.. I have a few on my phone that I'll put up, but they look much nicer now :D Was waiting to get better pics, but that can wait.

I'll put them up in the next hour or two.

Here's two quick pics of the acans. They were $20 each (one head) and are now both larger than a nickel.. the sps up front is a purple (supposedly) acro. That was a $5 or $10 frag that he knocked off a bigger colony.

Acan1.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm175/T.../reef/Acan1.jpg

Acan2.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm175/T.../reef/Acan2.jpg

Click the link for fullsize.

Again, sorry for the crappy color and quality in the pics.. from the cellphone with no photoshop correction.

Really like the rockwork on this tank, love all the overhangs and ledges. Good stuff! I can't wait until I can upgrade to a larger tank and set up more intricate rockscape. i have only been running my 10 gallon for 3 weeks but I am already dreaming of a bigger tank haha

Thanks.. I wanted go make as many layers as possible and kind of section everything off. The Six-Line loves it, too :P

• 9 months later...

Alright, well the tanks been moved to a new 20H and completely revamped.. a bigger pic set will be coming. However, here are the newest additions:

6BvI5.jpg

MlVI2.jpg

iFIV4.jpg

These were all taken the day they were introduced (last week) much better PE now.

$40 each for the frags and $20 for the assessor.

That Rep Planet is encrusted 3/4 of the plug, too. Can't see it there but is going to make it hard to mount.

Two new additions.. Lobo and acans in the front left.

Both have only been in an hour or so, so still settling in. Just under the blue T5s right now, second pic is with the flash. Just cell phone pics for now.

L5xx8.jpg

k9Jyb.jpg

devilsadvocate
$40 each for the frags

cool, i just traded a light fixture for some frags + cash, and i didnt have a clue how much the red planet was worth, he gave me a 3'' frag with multi branches. looks like a made out :D

and i dig the acans!

Archived