Cultivated Reef

Matt's 20 Gallon

matth6761

Looks great!! That hammer seems to grow pretty quick :D

It had 4 mouths when I bought it feb of last year. It's up to about about 15 now. Getting ready to frag it back soon because it's starting to sting the bottom of the montipora above it.

• 2 weeks later...
It had 4 mouths when I bought it feb of last year. It's up to about about 15 now. Getting ready to frag it back soon because it's starting to sting the bottom of the montipora above it.

Yeah mine has been growing at about that rate too and I actually had the same problem where my hammer was stinging the monti. Once I moved it the monti healed within a few weeks though :happy:

• 4 weeks later...

So sometime back, one of my clowns disappeared. Methinks it jumped out of the tank and became a cat snack. Bummer. So it's just been the remaining clown and the chromis in the tank. Over time, they've become about inseparable and over the past few days, I've noticed them twitching at each other. :)

post-47269-1298231661_thumb.jpg

Got bored on my three-day weekend, so I made a quick little video tour of my tank. Here's the

(P.S. Anyone know of a way to embed youtube videos in the N-R forums?)

You can't embed them unfortunately

How old are you Matt? Were you born and raised in Redding? Go to high school up there?

Edited by nor_cal_nano
You can't embed them unfortunately

How old are you Matt? Were you born and raised in Redding? Go to high school up there?

Was indeed born & raised in redding. Went to Central Valley HS. Graduated in 2002. Lived in sac long?

Just bought 10 gallons of "RO/DI" water from my LFS for the first time. Whipped out my handy TDS meter and got a reading of 160+ ppm. Not impressed. The water that comes out of my faucet is a mere 30 ppm. :angry: Fortunately 10 gallons was only 3 bucks. Off to water my plants...

Coming up on my nano's one year birthday! I'm in the process of gathering photos that best demonstrate coral growth and the progress it's made over the past year. I'll post them all in a day or two!

nor_cal_nano
Was indeed born & raised in redding. Went to Central Valley HS. Graduated in 2002. Lived in sac long?

Oh snap! Small world. I graduated from CV in 2006. Haha! I must've just missed going to school with you. My first year would've been 02-03. Crazy.

Moved to Sac in late 2009 for school. I'll be graduating in May. I miss redding...lol

Edited by nor_cal_nano

This tank looks great. I like how simple you've managed to keep it too. Just a great tank especially at 1 year. I can't wait to see a few better growth shots. If you have them I'd like to see some growth shots of the rics.

very nice looking tank.

What are the LFS like up there? I went to one called the deep but it was not there last time I went, not sure if it moved or closed.