inTank Media Baskets

Matt's 20 Gallon

matth6761

Green wormlike organism is tube algae. It's a pretty slow grower and doesn't spread too easily. If you pull it out by the base, you'll probably be able to get rid of it eventually. My blue tuxedo urchin actually eats it though

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Just replaced my Aquablue Specials with ATI Coral Plus bulbs and I'm in love.

7043875075_7a8e5f0085_b.jpg

They're plenty bright, yet they have a perfect amount of blue in them. They go great with a Blue Plus and an actinic bulb in my 4-light fixture. Very pleasing to the eye. Can't wait to see how the coral responds to them.

Edited by matth6761
  • 2 months later...

Hi

Great tank! I have a couple of questions since I woyld like to emulate some if your setup. I am starting a 20L. What is your skimming schedule? 24/7? Also, how did you mod your AC 100 to turn it into a fuge? Could you post pics?

Lastly, after the x10 did you remove the other two power heads?

Thanks

Edited by ramesis
  • 3 weeks later...

Sad day. :( My chromis, which I've had for almost 3 years, went tile surfing last night. This is the last picture I took of him:

7475104538_ee91937a9f_b.jpg

It was the only fish that survived my Biocube and the fish that I'd had the longest. He will be missed.

The tank is doing well, however:

7475104676_3dbccdcbe6_b.jpg

Hi

Great tank! I have a couple of questions since I woyld like to emulate some if your setup. I am starting a 20L. What is your skimming schedule? 24/7? Also, how did you mod your AC 100 to turn it into a fuge? Could you post pics?

Lastly, after the x10 did you remove the other two power heads?

Thanks

I have my skimmer on 24/7.

I used this forum as a guide for modifying my AC 110 filter into a fuge. I didn't bother with the foam baffle though, as I wanted to put the heater in the fuge to tidy up the main tank.

I kept one Koralia powerhead in the tank for a while after I installed the MP10, just to help direct flow in the tank. I did recently remove it, however, but I've yet to notice any changes in the livestock.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Matt, congrats on TOTM! How do you like the ZeroWater pitcher? Does it require a lot of filter changes? Is it really 0 TDS? I'm thinking it might be a nice replacement for my RO/DI unit now that I downgraded to a 3g pico. Do you use it for WC water as well, or just topoff?
Is this oregon trail?
  • 5 years later...

Time certainly has flown!  New house.  New kid.  The twenty gallon collapsed under the demands of the large amount of livestock and lack of up-keep, and was unceremoniously hoisted into the trash around the end of 2013, just before we moved into our dream house in the country.

Feeling ready to start a fresh new reefing adventure with my helper!  Supplies for the new 40 gallon arrive tomorrow!

Stay tuned!

Screenshot_20180913-215922-01.jpeg

• Like 1