Coral Vue Hydros

Put Your Clam(s) On A Pedestal!

basser1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gluing the acrylic plug 1/2" inside the tube too complex ???

Depends. If I have to cut the plugs then yes, it would have to be so precise to be welded to the outer tube. I will keep the option open and see what parts are available to make it work. I'd love to take these to the laser but it would increase the cost.

In the pic I posted, I have a clam shell for it to attach to. I wasn't sure if I wanted it directly on the sand.

Rockfish..... I figured you would want some of these, I can picture your clams on these, displayed at different heights. Now if we could get Jay-Sun, Guia-X and others on this. ;)

im totally down for at least 6 of them!!!

just tell where to send the cash Stevie!!!

isnt it just a piece of acrylic tube with a sticker on it? :huh:

Sure is, but it serves a purpose and is shipped to your door without sourcing out acrylic and having the correct tools. Demand is demand.

im totally down for at least 6 of them!!!

just tell where to send the cash Stevie!!!

Please tell me what would be a good general height range and design.

flat top? Plug in the middle? As is? I need to come up with 3-4 different ideas then I can source everything out, design it and activate it on the site. There can be height options/style to choose from on a pull down menu.

Sure is, but it serves a purpose and is shipped to your door without sourcing out acrylic and having the correct tools. Demand is demand.

Please tell me what would be a good general height range and design.

flat top? Plug in the middle? As is? I need to come up with 3-4 different ideas then I can source everything out, design it and activate it on the site. There can be height options/style to choose from on a pull down menu.

flat top def and i think how high really depends on what you wanna do with them.......bury them in the sand or leave them out in the open

i'd say 2-3 inches would be a standard with different sizes to follow

you're gonna have different lengths as well right??

Clam on the ground

Clam on the ground

Lookin' like a fool with ur clam on the ground

I've unleashed a monster! :eek:

i'll def. need one if i ever get a clam. not anytime soon tho.

Hmmm... These are sexy for sure. I know first hand the quality that StevieT bring to the table! I may be down for three of these bad boys!!!

What's the damage gonna be...?

B)

Dang, why couldn't I get a response like this went I was doing this years ago? :P

LOL!! It's all Rockfishs' fault for doing all of those clam group buys!! :lol:

Dang, why couldn't I get a response like this went I was doing this years ago? :P

Hype

What's the damage gonna be...?

B)

Pretty cheap compared to the high price media baskets and other junk I shell out to you fools

you're gonna have different lengths as well right??

If the top can be a flat piece of acrylic any length can be accommodated for. I would like to elimate 10+ different options. I have two clams, one large one small so I can base the need off them. I like mass production so I will have to think of a way to do it with these.

Is there really a need for different size tubes if the tops are flat? I can't see why

Hype

Pretty cheap compared to the high price media baskets and other junk I shell out to you fools

If the top can be a flat piece of acrylic any length can be accommodated for. I would like to elimate 10+ different options. I have two clams, one large one small so I can base the need off them. I like mass production so I will have to think of a way to do it with these.

Is there really a need for different size tubes if the tops are flat? I can't see why

good point!!

OK... we'll have to put a hold on this for now. When they are ready I will have them on the site. For now I don't have the materials and a final design to start producing these.

Walking_Target

Not trying to threadjack here...

w85o9v.jpg

I seriously can't tell in this picture, if it is, does Aiptasia irritate clams or do they have some sort of defense against it? I've seen GSP literally overgrow aiptasia, so I'd be very interested to know if clams have some way of dealing with it on their own :)

Not trying to threadjack here...

w85o9v.jpg

I seriously can't tell in this picture, if it is, does Aiptasia irritate clams or do they have some sort of defense against it? I've seen GSP literally overgrow aiptasia, so I'd be very interested to know if clams have some way of dealing with it on their own :)

they are and Basser is taking care of it!! RIGHT Basser!!! LOL

sounds like you got the demand! make some bank Stevie! :bling:

wish i had a clam tho.... -_-

they are and Basser is taking care of it!! RIGHT Basser!!! LOL

Yep!! But try as I may, those little b@st@rds keep comin' back!

I'm getting the AiptasiaX as we speak! ;)

Yep!! But try as I may, those little b@st@rds keep comin' back!

I'm getting the AiptasiaX as we speak! ;)

NICE!!! Nuke em!!!

That looks pretty nice basser1 and Stevie. Some of my clams keep getting knocked over, so for a few weeks now I have been toying around with some ideas on placing my clams on something similar but with pvc and I have finally came up with something last night when I went to Lowes. I just literally finished it a few minutes ago and waiting for it to dry up. I don't know if it's okay to say what I did since Stevie will be making these and I don't want to take anything away from him. I don't know how it will work yet as I have not put it in the tank. I'll see in a half hour or so. If this doesn't work out, I may have to turn to Stevie and see what he comes up with.

BLoCkCliMbeR

you didnt have a sticker on them did you? the logo itself can easily triple the value of it...

an ed hardy shirt is just an ugly shirt until it has ed hardy on it....now its an expensive ugly shirt

Archived