Top Shelf Aquatics

Maxspect LED Lighting System "Group Buy"

cmagallon

So there are Custom Duty fees on top of the price?

Any links on the the details of how you can program the dimming?

Thanks.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

Being from the US I was not aware that Canada charged additional taxes and fees for shipping until someone asked about duty fees. So I asked Maxspect about it and this is what they said they would do;

"The duties depends on the declared goods value, Usually for single orders, I can write it as "commercial samples" and declare the goods value to something like US$100 per item,

there'll still be import taxes charged on the goods, but less than if I declare the full value" Also the item will be shipped via certified mail"

Please don't feel obligated to participate, my apologies, but here in the US you just pay for shipping and that's it, no taxes or fees. Sorry guys!

That worries me. Our total isn't the list price?

Yes, and not being from Canada I have no idea what amount fees are let alone taxes.

So there are Custom Duty fees on top of the price?

Any links on the the details of how you can program the dimming?

Thanks.

My apologies again, it's ok if you want to back out of the group buy. When I was given the prices they included shipping to the US and Canada, I had no idea about Duty fees.

So actually we are not paying the listed price but more to it? this was not posted on the thread!

Hello group buyers:)

Just so everyone is clear.

If you live in the US the price that is listed is all your going to pay.

If you live in Canada there's "Duty" fees the Canadians charge. I don't know how that works there. May be someone could explain, or I could google it.

Thanks everyone and sorry for confusion.

SOUND GOOD TO ME.. GLAD I LIVE IN THE U.S.A. :) i am still down for the group buy bro. no backing out now!

Cool:)

Thanks David.

SOUND GOOD TO ME.. GLAD I LIVE IN THE U.S.A. :) i am still down for the group buy bro. no backing out now!

Hello Reggie,

Setting the Clock

This Maxspect™ LED Lighting System incorporates a 24-hour clock. The clock must be set for

the Timer LED On/Off Cycle function to operate correctly.

1. Enter clock setting mode Press and hold the MODE button down for more than 2

seconds to enter the clock setting mode.

2. Set the hour When the hour digit begins to blink, you can set the hour by pressing the

+/WHITE or -/BLUE buttons.

3. Set the minute Once the hour has been set, press the TIMER button to switch to the

minute digit. You can set the minute by pressing the +/WHITE or -/BLUE buttons.

4. Save the setting When finished setting the minute, press the MODE button to save the

setting. If you do not press any button for 5 seconds, it will also save the setting

automatically.

Notes: Once the clock setting has been saved, it will restore automatically every time the unit

is powered on, even after a complete outage of power.

Manually Turning Group of LED On/Off

You may manually turn individual group of LED on or off by pressing the buttons on the

Controller Unit. Please refer to the following chart for number of LED groups on each model.

Model Groups of LED

G2-400-110w 2

G2-400-160w 3

G2-400-180w 3

G2-800-170w 3

G2-800-230w 4

Each group of LED has its corresponding colored light on the Controller Unit, when the group

of LED is turned on, so will the corresponding colored light.

If you did not programme the Timer LED On/Off Cycle function, the LED will stay on

indefinitely until it is shut down manually using the buttons on the Controller Unit.

Operating Instructions

Timer LED On/Off Cycle

You may programme the Maxspect™ LED Lighting System to turn on or off a group of LED

bulbs. You can only set one timer for each group of LED bulbs.

1. Enter timer setting mode Press and hold the TIMER button down for more than 2

seconds to enter the timer setting mode. By default the first group of LED will be selected,

its corresponding colored light will be lit, and an “ON” sign will be displayed on the

Controller Unit panel to indicate the user can set the starting time.

2. Set the starting time Press the MODE button and the hour digit begins to blink, you

can set the hour by pressing the +/WHITE or -/BLUE buttons. Once the hour has been

set, press the TIMER button to switch to the minute digit. You can set the minute by

pressing the +/WHITE or -/BLUE buttons.

3. Set the ending time Once the starting time has been set, press the MODE button to

enter set the ending time. An “OFF” sign will be displayed on the panel. Repeat the steps

listed in item 2 to set the ending time.

4. Select the next LED group Press the MODE button to switch to the next group of LED,

repeat the steps listed in item 2 and 3 to set the timer for this LED group.

5. Save the setting When finished setting the timer for all LED groups, press the TIMER

button to save the setting. If you do not press any button for 5 seconds, it will also save

the setting automatically.

Notes: Once the timer setting has been saved, it will restore automatically every time the unit

is powered on, even after a complete outage of power.

Temperature Monitor

Temperature monitors have been installed on the aluminum radiator of the LED Unit.

Real-time running temperature of the LED Unit will be displayed on the Controller Unit panel.

Abnormal situations such as radiator fan breakdown or louver blockage will cause the LED Unit

to overheat. When the temperature of the LED Unit reaches 60℃, a malfunction alarm will

sound; when the temperature reaches 70℃, the Controller Unit is programmed to shut down

the LED Unit while the Controller Unit will continue to indicate there has been a malfunction.

Whenever the malfunction alarm sounds, shut down the LED Unit immediately to avoid bulb

damage due to overheat. Then proceed to check whether the radiator fan is functioning

properly or if there is a blockage in the louver.

Any link/info on how much flexibility you can program the lighting?

Hello,

The G2-110w will work great.

Thanks,

which version would be the best for my BC29...I starting to get into SPS so need enough light for that...
Alright, I'm still in then. Woot woot go USA!

for anyone in canada go to thefinalcost.com and u can see what the duty is. As long as they only put the value at 100 the cost of handling and duty will only be 10-20 dollars

Thanks for the link grayefox:)

for anyone in canada go to thefinalcost.com and u can see what the duty is. As long as they only put the value at 100 the cost of handling and duty will only be 10-20 dollars
Thanks for the link grayefox:)

FYI, if you mark the item as a gift, and put the value as a max of $60, the item will be duty free. I used to receive all sorts of stuff that was worth far more than $60 that made it through without duty costs using this trick.. Worst case they open it, decide it's worth more than $60, and charge you duty accordingly. There are no penalties since you are the receiver and weren't the one to declare its value.

Hello,

The G1-60w if you want it right on the tank. Or the G2-110w a few inches above the tank:)

Thanks,

what would you recommend for a small nano tank

18"x10"x12"

Ok gang :D ,

This is who we have for the first half of the GB

(RC)beanmachine G2-110w (1ea)

(NR)NaClCrocodile G2-110w

(NR)d'Espresso G2-160w

(RC)crank2211 G2-170W (1ea)

(NR)justice G2-110w (1ea) w/clip-on

(RC)OC CJ G2-110w (1ea)

(NR)earliris G2-170w (1ea)

Ok gang :D ,

This is who we have for the first half of the GB

(NR)d'Espresso G2-160w

(NR)justice G2-110w (1ea) w/clip-on

(RC)OC CJ G2-110w (1ea)

can i still get in for first half?

sure.

I'll be submitting the info to Maxspect Monday evening.

Thanks,

can i still get in for first half?

Update;

first half GB's

(NR)d'Espresso G2-160w

(NR)justice G2-110w (1ea)

(RC)OC CJ G2-110w (1ea)

(RC)KMP G2-170w (1ea)

Cool :)

Thanks,

I'm from Canada, still go go for my order, i will PM my Information for the first order..

I was just informed by Maxspect that they have a limited supply on Clip-ons and they will not be ordering more because there's not a high demand for them. Not sure if you still want to place you orders if there's a chance you wont get a clip. I'll you're still cool with that LMK.

i forgot to include that i would like the clip-on and hanging kit :)

Archived