SaltCritters.com

Maxspect LED Lighting System "Group Buy"

cmagallon

I spoke with our sponsor Maxspect and they agreed to provide both rail and clip type mounts if requested:)

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I spoke with our sponsor Maxspect and they agreed to provide both rail and clip type mounts if requested:)

And this may be a shot in the dark, but can we get it in white?

I have been looking into these fixtures for several months. They have great opportunity. With the above posted statement. Will the hanging kit still be included with the rails and mounting clip if requested? So all 3 mounting options? And on the g2 series, there is supposed to be a cree upgrade . Is there a possibility that the cree upgrade is going to be available for this gb?

Intrested in a G2 110w 110v Cree upgrade fixture. Price?

:)not available in white, but if you have a local powder coating shop I'm sure they could set you up.

It would be nice in white:)

Thanks,

Hello,

Yes the hanging kit will still be included with rail and clip. Yes all 3 mounting options.

This is what I got from our sponsor in regards to your question about cree update;

The prices quoted are Semi LED version, the Cree version prices are still being finalized, and if you want to get an idea how much it'll cost, just multiply the Semi LED prices quoted by another 50%. All the additional costs went to the Cree bulbs.

At this point I don't recommend using Cree LED for 3 reasons.

1. Spread

2. Color

3. Lifespan"

Thanks

I have been looking into these fixtures for several months. They have great opportunity. With the above posted statement. Will the hanging kit still be included with the rails and mounting clip if requested? So all 3 mounting options? And on the g2 series, there is supposed to be a cree upgrade . Is there a possibility that the cree upgrade is going to be available for this gb?

Intrested in a G2 110w 110v Cree upgrade fixture. Price?

I would go with the G1-60w unless you don't mind hanging the G2-110w a little higher above your tank.

Thanks,

what would you recommend for a 18"x9.5"x12"

60w?

If any of you guys are local, you should join us for our Club Bar B Q March 14th in Canoga Park:) we'll be having lot's items to raffle.........and lot's of fun!!!

Group Buy "UPDATE":

-(NR)StanD G2-110w TBD

-(NR)goffeebeans G1-60w (1ea)

-(NR)earliris G2-170w TBD

-(RC)cmagallon G2-160w (1ea)

-(RC)cocoaandme G2-160w (1ea)

-(RC)beanmachine G2-110w (1ea)

-(NR)Grayefox G2-110w (1ea)

-(NR)NaClCrocodile G2-110w

-(NR)d'Espresso G2-160w

-(RC)jbrown11352 TBD

_(RC)firereef TBD

***If we all agree we can submit the order March 7th or 14th :) instead of March 22nd....Let of us are eager to get our lights, lol. But I know a few are still waiting on their funds.***

i am ready as can be. Just waiting for them to send me the bill and i can go make the payment soon! :) How strong is the glass mount to able to hold the led fixture? i guess the rail system is the safest since it shouldn't drop into the tank if anything happens. But how is the glass mount it to the back of a tank to be able to hold it up in the long run.

I was thinking to make a clean look on my 34G Solana tank because the tank is 20"x20"x20" all around but will the glass mount can extend out if not then i guess i have to go with the rail

I currently am just starting a BC14 (L 15.5 x W 16.7 x H 15). I have been looking at lighting upgrade options as I love sps and need something suitable for them. I've been looking at the ATI sunpower 24" model, but stumbled upon this thread and I'm very interested. Which version would be the best for my BC14, with the possible upgrade to a 30g in the future? =)

i am ready as can be. Just waiting for them to send me the bill and i can go make the payment soon! :) How strong is the glass mount to able to hold the led fixture? i guess the rail system is the safest since it shouldn't drop into the tank if anything happens. But how is the glass mount it to the back of a tank to be able to hold it up in the long run.

I was thinking to make a clean look on my 34G Solana tank because the tank is 20"x20"x20" all around but will the glass mount can extend out if not then i guess i have to go with the rail

d'Espresso the back glass mount is not the strongest.Don't get me wrong it holds the light onto the tank but I was afraid of a good bump and it might fall in. I choose to hang mine because it gave me the extra 4-6 inches above my tank to be able to fit my arm in the tank. The rails are very steardy. The hanging kit is really nice.I have 10 foot ceilings and it lets me adjust the wires right to where I need them.

cmagallon hope you don't mind me helping out a bit.LOL

Cool:)

I'm ready NOW! I officially say earliest convenience.

Cool:)

I was thinking of the glass mount too, I like the clean look, but I need it to clear my overflow box .So I think I'm just going to make a custom hanger that mounts to the back wall to keep that nice clean look:)

IMG_1471.jpg?t=1267590036

Lawnman has made a good point!

I talked to Maxspect about these smaller tanks and they told me that you could go with the G2-110 but you will need to have the fixture raised 3-4 inches above the tank. Personally I would rather go with the G2-110w sine you to plan to upgrade your tank in the future:)

I currently am just starting a BC14 (L 15.5 x W 16.7 x H 15). I have been looking at lighting upgrade options as I love sps and need something suitable for them. I've been looking at the ATI sunpower 24" model, but stumbled upon this thread and I'm very interested. Which version would be the best for my BC14, with the possible upgrade to a 30g in the future? =)

on the contrary , I appreciate it bro:)! #### looking out. That's what makes these forums so great. To be able to read other fellow reefers opinions and experiences.

d'Espresso the back glass mount is not the strongest.Don't get me appreciatewrong it holds the light onto the tank but I was afraid of a good bump and it might fall in. I choose to hang mine because it gave me the extra 4-6 inches above my tank to be able to fit my arm in the tank. The rails are very steardy. The hanging kit is really nice.I have 10 foot ceilings and it lets me adjust the wires right to where I need them.

cmagallon hope you don't mind me helping out a bit.LOL

I checked and they seem to be working, but here you go:)

img0273bl.jpg

3" under water, under the 30w LED bulbs: 1481-1529 PAR.

img0285n.jpg

img0286c.jpg

6-8" under water, moved between two 30w LED bulbs: 576-590 PAR.

img0288gl.jpg

img0293dl.jpg

16" under water, near the center: 321-323 PAR.

img0294gd.jpg

img0295ps.jpg

22" under water, on the bottom - 236-238 PAR.

img0278eo.jpg

img0279v.jpg

Thanks,

All of the pics links are broken. Can you get ahold of the pics par readings? And post them on the threads you have started?

NOTE:

If I'm missing you please let me know, Also if you have yet to provide me with your email please PM me. THX

Group Buyers;

(NR)StanD G2-110w TBD

(NR)goffeebeans G1-60w (1ea)

(NR)earliris G2-170w TBD

(RC)cmagallon G2-160w (1ea)

(RC)cocoaandme G2-160w (1ea)

(RC)beanmachine G2-110w (1ea)

(NR)Grayefox G2-110w (1ea)

(NR)NaClCrocodile G2-110w

(NR)d'Espresso G2-160w

(RC)crank2211 G2-170W (1ea)

(NR)kellerexpress G1-60w (1ea), G2-110w (1ea)

(RC)jbrown11352 TBD

(RC)firereef TBD

I'm going to try painting mine white tonight.. From what I've read, anodized aluminum paints fine if you use etching primer followed by enamel paint.

Sweet:)

Post some pix when you're done Bio

Thanks,

I'm going to try painting mine white tonight.. From what I've read, anodized aluminum paints fine if you use etching primer followed by enamel paint.

Is there any way the 60w can have the leds controlled independently? I really want it, but that is kind of one of the deal breakers..............

:D UPDATE :D

We're going to split the GB in two orders, for the folks who want there lights sooner

The first half of the "group buy" deadline will be March 8th, the second will remain March 22nd.

If you want to participate in the first half please PM your email address so I can send you and email requesting;

-First Name

-Last Name

-Phone # (in case of emergency contact regarding shipment, etc.)

-PayPal Email

-Full Address with Postal Code

-Model (G2-160w, etc.)

-Quantity

On March 8th I will submit the first half's information for processing. March 22nd the second half!

**Packages will be shipped on the 3rd or 4th day after payment is cleared, the entire process time for the buyer to receive the package is about 2 weeks +/- a few days**

Please send me a pm if you're unclear of the process or have any questions.

Thank you,

So it looks like we got a good group by on the list. Possible be sending out the order anytime soon?

Hello,

No sorry. the 60 is the G1 series, only the G2's have independent control.

Thanks

Is there any way the 60w can have the leds controlled independently? I really want it, but that is kind of one of the deal breakers..............

I sent you a PM with details:)

Thanks,

How much Custom Duty we have to pay for this order?

Archived