Cultivated Reef

Maxspect LED Lighting System "Group Buy"

cmagallon

NaClCrocodile

So do these give shimmer? I know shimmer is created by point-source lighting but with so many sources of light, do we still get shimmer? I can't wait!

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup:) if it wasn't for the shimmer I would of stuck with MH lights. Got's to have the shimmer.

So do these give shimmer? I know shimmer is created by point-source lighting but with so many sources of light, do we still get shimmer? I can't wait!

How much is the group buy discount on top of the discount that have already been taken off? I would like to know since i am very interested. What series can i put on a 20x20x20 tank? will it stick out to much? Can i go with a 110v G-2 110w? what the size weight of the unit if i put it over my tank?

Thanks for letting me know about this Group Buy! Put me down for the 150w fixture that will plug into a 110 volt unit. thanks! What unit can work for keeping SPS and LPS with dimmers. thanks!

hello Angelynn:)

You would require a ;

G2-160w: (15.7”x7.0”x1.8”)

Web store US$ 580 each

Group buy US$ 510 each

additional $10 off if we reach a total of 20 buyers.US$500 each

No it won't stick out at all , it's 17.5" in length.

The G2-110w would be to small for the depth of your tank.

I will find out the weight of the fixture for you:)

Thanks,

PM me your email if interested.

How much is the group buy discount on top of the discount that have already been taken off? I would like to know since i am very interested. What series can i put on a 20x20x20 tank? will it stick out to much? Can i go with a 110v G-2 110w? what the size weight of the unit if i put it over my tank?

You bet:)

You will have to mod the the power supply for dimming fuction yourself. That's what I'm going to do:)

I'll make sure to start a thread, but of course it will void the warranty.

What's your tank size? pm me your email too

Thanks for letting me know about this Group Buy! Put me down for the 150w fixture that will plug into a 110 volt unit. thanks! What unit can work for keeping SPS and LPS with dimmers. thanks!

exactly as lawman stated:)

Thanks lawman.....

i have a 24 by 24 thats 15 tall full of zoas and some sps with a clam what will work thanks

NOTE:we're trying for 20+ units to get the additional bulk discount

RC=Reef Central

NR=Nano Reef

SCF=SoCali Reefs

R2R=Reef @ Reef

Confirmed Group Buyers;

-(RC)cmagallon G2-160w (1ea)

-(RC)cocoaandme G2-160w (1ea)

-(RC)beanmachine G2-110w (1ea)

-(NR)Grayfow G2-110w (1ea)

-(NR)NaClCrocodile G2-110w (1ea)

-(NR)d'expresso G2-160w (1ea)

-(RC)B16drag TBD

hello pinoy,

I would recoment the G2-180w

Thanks,

* TANK DIMENSIONS: (L)24" x (W)24" x (H)20".

what unit is best for this tank?i'm interested! :)

pm sent!

I hvae a 24g nano cube with a depth of 16in its 18in wide at the top what would be my best option? and does it come with the rail to set it on top of the tank

Hello,

The G2-110w. The railing is additional, I will get a price.

I does come with the brackets that attach to the back of the tank.

Thanks,

I hvae a 24g nano cube with a depth of 16in its 18in wide at the top what would be my best option? and does it come with the rail to set it on top of the tank

NOTE:

The rail frame is standard accessories for all G2 units, so there is no additional costs.

Thanks,

What I have found out is the frame rail is standard and so is the hanging kit.But the clamps on the back of the light that allow you to let the fixture rest on the glass is no more. It was replaced by the rails.I could be wrong but 3 suppliers told me this.

Lawnman,

You're absolutely correct, I contacted Maxspec and this is what they had to say;

"The glass panel mount are no longer available in all G2 units, replaced by the rail frame"

My bad, if you really want to glass panel mount I will see what I can do.

What I have found out is the frame rail is standard and so is the hanging kit.But the clamps on the back of the light that allow you to let the fixture rest on the glass is no more. It was replaced by the rails.I could be wrong but 3 suppliers told me this.

Yes the glass panel mounts can be provided if requested. :)

Try to see if u can talk to them about the glass mount. I would definitely appreciated if u can!

Sounds good to me! 2finguh :)

i am interested in both the glass and rail mount. is there an extra cost for one of them? lmk thanks

I'm interested in lighting for a tank that is 36" x 18" x 16.5". That will accommodate both SPS and LPS corals. Which light would you recommend? Would it be possible to receive all mounting hardware? ...as this is a new tank build and i haven't really decided where or how i would like to set it up. Oh! and cost to ship to Calgary, Alberta? T

Thanks!! :)

Hello earliris,

-The G2-170w would be ideal:)

-Yes, I'll make sure all hardware requested is shipped:).

-G2-170w: (31.5”x7.0”x1.8”)

Group buy US$ 670 each

If interested please PM me your email addy.

Thanks,

I'm interested in lighting for a tank that is 36" x 18" x 16.5". That will accommodate both SPS and LPS corals. Which light would you recommend? Would it be possible to receive all mounting hardware? ...as this is a new tank build and i haven't really decided where or how i would like to set it up. Oh! and cost to ship to Calgary, Alberta? T

Thanks!! :)

No, I'll make sure they include both:)

Sounds good to me! 2finguh :)

i am interested in both the glass and rail mount. is there an extra cost for one of them? lmk thanks

Hello earliris,

-The G2-170w would be ideal:)

-Yes, I'll make sure all hardware requested is shipped:).

-G2-170w: (31.5”x7.0”x1.8”)

Group buy US$ 670 each

If interested please PM me your email addy.

Thanks,

Thanks for the quick reply

Just to be clear.. that's all 3 types of mounting hardware? oh and is that price including taxes?

Archived