inTank Media Baskets

m05tw4nt3d's 60G cube thread

m05tw4nt3d

I'm reading. But I don't know any of the answers to your questions. I've never stained wood, had a chiller, dosed a two part (only a little alk), used purple up, or had an anemone. I only answer questions about what I've experienced.

Cube still looks beautiful. What do you think of the new ecotech controller?

hahaha thanks man, yeh i dunno about the controller. think ill just leave mine the way it is :)

Love the tank! Looks great. Stand looks good as it is. Im not an expert on the nems but i wouldnt think there would be a problem. I have 2 diffrent nems in my tank and from my experience I have not had a problem with them hurting anything...

Edited by icsd71
Love the tank! Looks great. Stand looks good as it is. Im not an expert on the nems but i wouldnt think there would be a problem. I have 2 diffrent nems in my tank and from my experience I have not had a problem with them hurting anything...

thanks man :)

Hi, now i know this is going to be quite hard without a picture, but by the time i got my camera fired up he was back down in a crevice.

Last night i was looking in my tank with a torch and saw a small orange crab standing on myh rock with a handful of gsp he had stolen from the colony on the sand. The crab was about the size of your average emerald crab and looked quite simmilar also, same sort of claws body shape ect, just it was orange.

anyone have any ideas at all ive been searching google images and lots of id posts on this site but have had no luck. i will try and get pics if i can lure him out but i dont like my chances :S

any help would be greatly appreciated..

this is the stand after ive filled it in it was just an open stand

post-42923-1268458730_thumb.jpg

You tank didnt LOOK like a 60 until I saw this pic....VERY VERY VERY NICE! :D

thanks guys,

i just got home after a few days holiday and my goby had buried my long tentical mushroom, i uncovered it but its dead as a door nail sadly :( i think ive read that there quite a bad species to die in a system. Apparently release toxins or something but cant fine the artical now. Anyone elese heard this?

Love the corner viewing! Makes for a unique 'scape. How long have you had the elegance?

edit: I wouldn't think it would be any worse than anything else but I haven't heard anything specific about a long tentacled mushroom... carbon and water changes if it's a concern.

Edited by aaron1987
AdriftQuasar

Gorgeous tank! This is exactly the type of tank I am upgrading to over the summer. Would you think an mp20 would be sufficient flow? I am deciding between that and the mp40. Other than that, it's a matter of reef-ready or if I decide to use HOB equipment. The corals look wonderful and the fish look happy. I wasn't aware that 60 gallons were sufficient for tangs.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Awesome tank! I love the aquascaping. Any pics of the new fuge? I've been thinking about adding a separate one for my tank and I'm looking for ideas.

All in all, keep up the great reefin!

Hi guys, ill get some pics up as soon as i can, Also yes i went out yesturday and grabbed some eco systems miracle mud and put that in. As for the fuge i made it out or a 16" cube. this is a rough drawering of my desighn.

post-42923-1283665849_thumb.png

The water flows into chamber 1 through filter wool carbon matrix and chemi pure gows right to the bottem and flows through a cut out at the bottom into chamber 2

Flows uo chamber 2 and through a cut out at the top and enters the fuge.

From the fuge the water flows into chamber 4 via drain holes drilled at top of chamber 4 then runs to bottem of chamber 4 and through a cut out at the bottem and enters chamber 5 and is sucked up by the return pump

and yeh ive heard about the mp60 i think im going to upgrade to a mp40 but there like 750 over here anyone know what they go for over there and like a good site to tget one cheap that might post to australia?

and yeh ive heard about the mp60 i think im going to upgrade to a mp40 but there like 750 over here anyone know what they go for over there and like a good site to tget one cheap that might post to australia?

Anyone?