Cultivated Reef

m05tw4nt3d's 60G cube thread

m05tw4nt3d

hi guys ive never made a thread before but i thought it would be fun and interesting to log my tank. Not only for you guys to see but also for my own benifit. so here are some pics

post-42923-1267256821_thumb.jpg

post-42923-1267256840_thumb.jpg

this tank has been running for about a month, everything was transfered from my 33g with the addition of a few fish and corals.

im running 2 twin H0T5 consisting of 2 actinics and 2 14k whites

the live rock is from the coral sea and was bought from my LFS, as in australia there are almost nil online traders.

filtration is a red sea prizm skimmer delux and a aquaone marisys240 overflow with trickle filter, i know you guys dont like trickles but it seems to work for me :)

any coments or if you want to see or know anything in particular please ask thanks nathan

Looking good, you have a FTS? whats your live stock in there?

thanks, i have a yellow and blue tang,chromis,royal dottyback, flame angel, 2 pyjama cardinals and a pair of black and white clowns

ill take a full tank shot for you :D

FTS front

post-42923-1267258940_thumb.jpg

FTS side

post-42923-1267258958_thumb.jpg

i also recentaly put some macro in a breeder trap and placed it under the return from my skimmer, a little in tank fuge. hope it does some good :)

post-42923-1267258976_thumb.jpg

one of my favourite scollys

post-42923-1267259283_thumb.jpg

I am glad you finally have a thread man!

Scoly!!!!!!!!!

hahaha yeh i thought it would be fun to put everything up and hope that people like it.

i have another scoly but it got stung prety bad about 6 weeks back but it is def growing back so hopefully in a few months itll be good as new

in its former glory

post-42923-1267261622_thumb.jpg

and now :(

post-42923-1267261651_thumb.jpg

Dang that sucks! Well at least you didn't have to drop 300$ for it :D

Really though, I hope it gets better, I would assume keeping it well fed will help it a lot.

Dang that sucks! Well at least you didn't have to drop 300$ for it :D

Really though, I hope it gets better, I would assume keeping it well fed will help it a lot.

thanks man, prob in the 6 weeks its almost double what was left :) so its goin in the right direction lol

Tank looks Magnificent. Still running the mp10. How's that working out for you in this tank?

hey, yeh still running the mp10 i have added another PH for circultation, although to be completly honest i probaly didnt need to those vortechs move quite a bit of water but it is border line in the tank i belive

Sweet looking tank. I love the softie/LPS tanks .. hope mine looks as nice once it matures.

thanks alot :)

Awesome tank. Love that Scoly too, and the fish.

thanks very much im glad you like

my LFS has PurpleUP goin pretty cheap for the big bottle so i was thinking of using this to promote some coraline algea ill let you know how that works

post-42923-1267325286_thumb.jpg

Edited by m05tw4nt3d

knocked up a hood today, i think it makes the tank look neater and stops the light spill on the walls, pretty happy with it :)

post-42923-1267596002_thumb.jpg

what do yous reckon?

Edited by m05tw4nt3d

sorry also my sand bed gets some algea growing on it. Id like something that will stir my sand bed and look really nice in the tank, let me hear your suggestions. thanks

nassarius snails or a diamond goby would do the trick

was thinking a diamond goby there pretty cool looking, it there a big chance of him under mining my rocks and causing a collapse?