Innovative Marine Aquariums

Building an RO/DI system

bonese

On bulkreefsupply I saw that they have a "Build your own" RO/DI Unit. I'm interested in buying an RO/DI now as my reef has been established and is getting to its good stages. I know, I should have bought this before I even bought the tank but have been buying RO water from a local for some time now.

My question is, Could someone build me the perfect RO/DI system for a minimum 24G system and the maximum being a 40G [Future Upgrade]

Thanks so much I attempted but was cross eyed at the options so I need a professional.

Tim

On bulkreefsupply I saw that they have a "Build your own" RO/DI Unit. I'm interested in buying an RO/DI now as my reef has been established and is getting to its good stages. I know, I should have bought this before I even bought the tank but have been buying RO water from a local for some time now.

My question is, Could someone build me the perfect RO/DI system for a minimum 24G system and the maximum being a 40G [Future Upgrade]

Thanks so much I attempted but was cross eyed at the options so I need a professional.

Tim

RO/DI units are pretty basic to assemble and dismantle so i don't think you should have an issue at all

i think you can get exactly what you're looking for

It will cost you more to build your own than buying a nice reef ready system already assembled.

Take a look at the ProPlus here:

http://www.spectrapure.com/email/customer-...eciation.html#1

It is almost the perfect system, the $249 MaxCap is its big brother and the perfect system.

$149 complete. Thats with a dual inline TDS meter, inline pressure gauge, hose bib adapter, clear housings, batch tested and treated RO membrane, capillary tube flow restrictor, 1 micron prefilter and carbon block, full size vertical DI filled with custom blended SilicaBuster DI resin and more. You can't buy the parts for that price much less have it assembled.

With an RO/DI you don't size them by the reef system size so much as how long you want to stand around waiting for water. Yes you could get a 15 or 25 GPD RO/DI system but the cost would be the same, the physical size is the same, it would make the same quality RO/DI water but it would take 3-5 times longer to make water so would have your faucet tied up longer if you were using it portable.

The Spectrapure 90 GPD systems make water at the rate of 3-4 gallons per hour so not as much waiting for water to fill the tank or bucket.

It will cost you more to build your own than buying a nice reef ready system already assembled.

It is almost the perfect system, the $249 MaxCap is its big brother and the perfect system.

$149 complete. Thats with a dual inline TDS meter, inline pressure gauge, hose bib adapter, clear housings, batch tested and treated RO membrane, capillary tube flow restrictor, 1 micron prefilter and carbon block, full size vertical DI filled with custom blended SilicaBuster DI resin and more. You can't buy the parts for that price much less have it assembled.

With an RO/DI you don't size them by the reef system size so much as how long you want to stand around waiting for water. Yes you could get a 15 or 25 GPD RO/DI system but the cost would be the same, the physical size is the same, it would make the same quality RO/DI water but it would take 3-5 times longer to make water so would have your faucet tied up longer if you were using it portable.

The Spectrapure 90 GPD systems make water at the rate of 3-4 gallons per hour so not as much waiting for water to fill the tank or bucket.

what are you? the spectrapure spokesperson??? :haha: :haha: :haha:

I'm definitely going to buy that thing next along with a refractometer.

Very low quality, not even close to reef quality plus the filters wil not filter as well, last as long, are harder to find replacements and wil cost more to replace. Much more expensive in the long run for lower water quality.

Never use granular activated carbon in front of a membrane, it breaks down to dust and fouls a membrane. The 5 micron prefilter is similar to a screen door in quality compared to a 1 micron filter which is designed to protect the carbon block it should contain which also protects the RO membrane.

Not a good deal at all.

Archived