ReefCleaners.org

The Acro Haven + Ricordea Garden

Nemo Niblets

1) mummy eye

2) purple digitata

3) ur most colorful acan

btw, lmk how the 250w does for you. I'm trying to choose between 250 or 150 if i change my set up to mh or if i should just get a sunpower 6x24w.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nemo Niblets
1) mummy eye

2) purple digitata

3) ur most colorful acan

btw, lmk how the 250w does for you. I'm trying to choose between 250 or 150 if i change my set up to mh or if i should just get a sunpower 6x24w.

250w is beautiful. On such a shallow tank, do you really want a sunpower?

If you do 250w, get a nice mini reflector (lumenbright comes to mind) and get a radium. They are beautiful. best bulb out there IMO. Not windex blue, but great pop.

I'm running the EVC 250w DE 20k now, and it's pretty nice.

T5s are the jank though...

You do get the first frags. You want a frag of joe the coral? It's a fully encrusted ORA plug... I accidentally broke it. It's 4 mini branches on it. FS or FT :D

Nemo Niblets

Updated FTS March 4, 2010. Transferred more stuff, changed bulb to a 14k to a 20k EVC. Looks much better than the old bulb. Not too blue, good pop.

DSC01015.jpg

Right side

DSC01054.jpg

Another attempt at a shot of the deepwater. This thing is much greener in real life..

DSC01052.jpg

Ugly Pink Lemonade. Didn't have enough light in my other tank... Can't wait for it to color up :)

DSC01051.jpg

Palmer's Blue mille, also not enough light.

DSC01035.jpg

RICS! Garden shot from the front.

DSC01049.jpg

DSC01046.jpg

DSC01042.jpg

Tubs, AOI

DSC01033.jpg

Rainbow Monti finally turning rainbow

DSC01030.jpg

Superman Monti

DSC01029.jpg

Radioactive Dragon Eyes

DSC01028.jpg

Pink rics... 12 bucks a pop at my frag swap :D

DSC01026.jpg

One more ric shot... back part of the tank.

DSC01019.jpg

250w is beautiful. On such a shallow tank, do you really want a sunpower?

If you do 250w, get a nice mini reflector (lumenbright comes to mind) and get a radium. They are beautiful. best bulb out there IMO. Not windex blue, but great pop.

I'm running the EVC 250w DE 20k now, and it's pretty nice.

T5s are the jank though...

You do get the first frags. You want a frag of joe the coral? It's a fully encrusted ORA plug... I accidentally broke it. It's 4 mini branches on it. FS or FT :D

Hold it for me. Let me get my tank stable and i'm down to trade or buy it from you. I have no space in the 10g. my problem with the 250w is that we leave the temp at 78 during the summer. With the neo nano, its gonna lookin weird with fans attached. The sunpower would be great i think for the 24" depth which leaves zoas and lps on the outer edges so they can be seen better

Nemo Niblets
Hold it for me. Let me get my tank stable and i'm down to trade or buy it from you. I have no space in the 10g. my problem with the 250w is that we leave the temp at 78 during the summer. With the neo nano, its gonna lookin weird with fans attached. The sunpower would be great i think for the 24" depth which leaves zoas and lps on the outer edges so they can be seen better

Okay, I will. Yeah, the sunpower is nice.

Nemo Niblets
WOW, I now know what a real ric garden looks like. Amazing.

Thanks! Looks like everybody likes the rics. :D

Forget the rics check out that pink chalice it is the shet. What kinda star is that?Does it bother your coral because I thought I seen a picture somewhere that said it wasn't reef safe. Looking very nice though.

Nemo Niblets
Forget the rics check out that pink chalice it is the shet. What kinda star is that?Does it bother your coral because I thought I seen a picture somewhere that said it wasn't reef safe. Looking very nice though.

It is a fromia star. Reef safe. Not a good purchase, pretty impulsive. Oh well :P

I like the chalice too. I'm not crazy about a bunch of half inch chalices on 3" plugs scattered on the sandbed, but they look nice when they melt over a rock. That whole piece was 30 bucks at a frag swap... :D

One of the clams died. I was a bit worried when after I took it home... The foot of one didn't seem to have much flesh. The other two attached immediately, but the other never did. :(

Has it been messing with your corals? Ow and I think a name change would be AWESOME.ReefyD? D'sReef? DylanH?Then under your name put Formely Nemo Niblets. What is going on with the Bio Cube is mom just going to make that her tank?

Nemo Niblets
Has it been messing with your corals? Ow and I think a name change would be AWESOME.ReefyD? D'sReef? DylanH?Then under your name put Formely Nemo Niblets. What is going on with the Bio Cube is mom just going to make that her tank?

Nope, I have a little chalice/zoa island, so it stays away from the sps.

I think I'll change it to Dylan N.

I guess. She is trying to make every tank her tank :ninja: Nothing goes in a certain place if she doesn't want it there. Lol.

Nemo Niblets

I got a bluespot jawfish! Wheee!!

Night pics! First is under moonlights, no editing. Second is exposure turned up in iPhoto.

DSC01106.jpg

DSC01106_2.jpg

steviejitsu

i miss mine. ): both jumped within 2 weeks. Hole the size of my finger nail. Shoulda known better... they look for holes to jump through or something.

Have fun with your BSJF!

Nemo Niblets
WOW you have lots of nice acros in there now. I can't wait to see them all settle in a color up even more!

Me either.. :)

I might go pick up some more stuff today... trading an oregon tort frag.

Nemo Niblets

I rearranged, transferred some stuff, and got some more frags just to find out... My photobucket bandwidth limit has been exceeded.

ARGH!

:rant:

Archived