ReefCleaners.org

Lawnman's Elos Mini RIP

Lawnman

I have done a few changes need to update some pictures.I think it looks alot better now. I added a large chunk of LR it really helped out with the aquascaping. Good to hear from you haven't seen you in a while.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn you still around? I haven't heard from you in a while. Nothing much is going on with the tank.No crazy additions just keeping up with the waterchanges and letting stuff grow.

How did you crash the tank? I had a mini crash a while back from a large chalice colony.It died and everything was pissed off.I lost alot of nice stuff.

o and i traded the leds i got from you for a new 1/4 chiller so back to mh till i can find a plasma light for a good deal i want to try them too

heater broke in my mixing bucket and was there for a week

i think it was copper but i got most of the ones i wanted in other tanks got new rock ill get pics of what i got

• 4 weeks later...

Do you have any pics that show the tank and full stand with door shut? I noticed you choose the black door option. I haven't seen many pics of that combo - usually just the all white stand. How do you like the white sides and black front?

• 2 weeks later...

corals037-1.jpg

corals037.jpg

corals047.jpg

corals049.jpg

Here is a few quick snap shots from this morning now no SPS all softs and LPS. I sold off alot of my zoas and started getting into LPS more. Wanted my tank to look more like a display was tired of looking at plugs.

Do you have any pics that show the tank and full stand with door shut? I noticed you choose the black door option. I haven't seen many pics of that combo - usually just the all white stand. How do you like the white sides and black front?

I will get a picture up for you. I went with the black door because the white door was to much white for me.

very pretty

Thx Jersey your tank is very stunning as well.

Acanthophyllia

corals031.jpg

Wellsophyllia coral that my YCG loves

corals032.jpg

Chalice that recovered from a mini crash I had 6 months ago.

corals027.jpg

A closer FTS I just love my plate it is a hoss.

corals029.jpg

That is it for today. I have a nice bleeding apple scoly coming from coral heaven on tuesday.I will post some more photos.

Your tank looks great Lawnman! I like the simplicity of the rock-work, plenty of swimming space for fish! Where will you place your scoly? Will you have room for it?

Your tank looks great Lawnman! I like the simplicity of the rock-work, plenty of swimming space for fish! Where will you place your scoly? Will you have room for it?

Thanks for the compliments basser. Where will I put the scoly do I have room for it?NO but I am trying to make some room.HAHA I am gonna sell off the large zoa colony and place it there.If it does not sell I guess out comes the other frag rack.There is plenty of swimming space but my clowns never leave the RBTA on the other side to swim. I have a YWG that stays in a cave 99.9% of the time.I see it 1 time a week for 3-4 seconds to eat.I will get a picture of the RBTA in the future it is coloring back up nicely from when I purchased it.When I got the RBTA it was under PC lights and really bleached.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

love your tank, keeping it simple but it looks great. that's how blue i like my lights too, not for everyone!

that plate is a beast. i love fungias they are one of my fav corals.

The plate is a great eater. I sold off my SPS because of dosing and things like that.I always have liked leathers.They are easy to care for and I like the way they sway in the flow.Other than feeding my LPS my tank is pretty easy to care for.

The plate is a great eater. I sold off my SPS because of dosing and things like that.I always have liked leathers.They are easy to care for and I like the way they sway in the flow.Other than feeding my LPS my tank is pretty easy to care for.

Looking good!

I agree that Leathers and LPS are the way to go.

Alot of my ideas came from your old tank.I like the mix of corals you have in yours.I went thru the craze of high dollar corals and lost some major coin.My wife finally said one day can't you leave the damn tank alone?So I thought about it and said I am gonna make it something people want to look at when they come over.It looked like a LFS frag tank for months.I purchased some nice leathers from Morgan at reef gardener and some nicer LPS pieces from my LFS and now I just leave it alone.I use to frag stuff every week.Now when things get to big they will get fragged and donated to other reefers.

Archived