Top Shelf Aquatics

Driftys' JbJ Pico!

driftsaru

I meant the gerbil bottle, haha. Is the bottle sealed, or does it have an open top.

it is sealed. heres a picture, it holds about 1/3 gallon, its great! i have my 2part mixed into it! lasts about 5 days.

ATO.jpg

To be honest i have a huge rubbermade with liverock and a HOB filter. when you get some corals going ill be up for trades! :D

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it is sealed. heres a picture, it holds about 1/3 gallon, its great! i have my 2part mixed into it! lasts about 5 days.

ATO.jpg

To be honest i have a huge rubbermade with liverock and a HOB filter. when you get some corals going ill be up for trades! :D

Hey same bottle buddy :) My bracket isn't as clean as yours, nor is the pipe haha. I made my holder out of duct tape and the tube is just a tube. looks clean!

Hey same bottle buddy :) My bracket isn't as clean as yours, nor is the pipe haha. I made my holder out of duct tape and the tube is just a tube. looks clean!

you can find the holder at lowe's, its like 7 bucks and our Bottle fits perfect in it.

you can find the holder at lowe's, its like 7 bucks and our Bottle fits perfect in it.

Well I have a cubicle.. Can't really mount to the walls :( Duct tape will have to work for now lol.

Mr. Microscope
no problem! i hope i can do the same next week with a better quality camera. oh btw all these pics and videos are from my phone :angry:

Haha. That's what I've been doing too. All of my pics were taken with my phone too. I admit they are not publishable quality but it does allow one to catch those candid moments easier.

Haha. That's what I've been doing too. All of my pics were taken with my phone too. I admit they are not publishable quality but it does allow one to catch those candid moments easier.

oh yeah, it definitely does! with all the technology out there i am still upset that BB and iphones only have 3mp at best =/

GHA outbreak :(. i noticed it today. i think its due to the light bulb in the stock fixture being too old. HURRY UP EVIL! I WANT THE T5!!! besides the light all other perams are good.

Despite having the GHA outbreak, which does not seem to be going away, I still decided to acquire a new addition. I picked up this Pink Stylophora from my LFS, who are awesome! I pretty much walked in, saw this in their main display, told them how id love a frag. With out any hesitation it was pulled out and snipped! nice piece too, multiple branches. :happy:

Haha, i just noticed "nibbler" is in this photo. (bottom right)

pinkstylo.jpg

Looks nice! What's your LFS called, I'm almost in the neighborhood :)

EYE candy, its by my work. Its in Garden Grove by the 22fwy, off of beach blvd

EYE candy, its by my work. Its in Garden Grove by the 22fwy, off of beach blvd

Sweet, that's only like half hour from me. You should check out Aquatic Fantasy if you're ever up in the Redondo Beach area, they have nothing but marine stuff, and their coral selection is AMAZING. They have a 35 gallon frag tank up front that's stocked to the brim. 2x5 Eagle Eye colonies, $10 for both, and a nice baby Green Torch for $10 as well.

those are nice prices. ok so i nows have GHA and cyano growing in the front left corner of the tank, im doing a water change /param check asap.

tell us what you find as the cause. cuz I have some GHA and brown cyano as well, and my params are all 0 and have been before it all showed up...it makes no sense when nitrates and phosphates are both at 0 and the stuff still grows... not even chaeto in the fuge out-competes it...

hmm i never got an cyano or really diatoms in my picotope tank. One of the obvious difference in our tanks is how they are stocked. Maybe it can be related to the added waste by more living organisms without the built up eco system to take care of it. I did get cyano once, in one of my fresh water tanks. It was when I first started I did not want to wait for all that RO water to be made so I used my well water. After many water changes and anti-bacteria doses I finally rid that tank of cyano im not saying thats it but thats all i can think of. When is the last time you guys tested for ammonia?

lol every week. all params stay at 0 like I said.

I'm sure Drift's readings are going to be similar.

I guess I just need to wait this out and hope all this disappears.

Ok so hot off the press!

-Nitrates 0>5- (the angler just had a full silver side a day ago, so im sure some waste has been excreted, fed 1-2 a week)

-Nitrite 0

-Phosphate 0

-ammonia 0

-Calcium 420

Alk 125

Ph at the moment 8.3

Sg 1.025

I try to stay ON TOP of all these. i think im going to use red slime remover.....but first ill manually remove it and the frag into a QT tank. wish me luck :)

I didnt know because some people dont test for ammonia after a cycle because its rare to pop back up.

its gotta be feeding off something. It is bacteria so it can feed off decaying matter on the substrate. My thought was maybe there is a mini cycle that is reoccurring from waste of stock *undetectable with your testing kits* causing small die off just enough to feed the cyano. Is it located in one general area? Maybe a UV sterilizer will help rid you of it. What kind of flow do you have in those areas too?

his seemed to be in a corner, but mine tends to grow right in the middle front of my tank where 90% of the flow from my AC70 lands...actually I'm not sure if it's cyano, its kinda like thin strands of brown slime training from the larger substrate pieces...w/e, I'm going to wait this one out ;)

I didnt know because some people dont test for ammonia after a cycle because its rare to pop back up.

its gotta be feeding off something. It is bacteria so it can feed off decaying matter on the substrate. My thought was maybe there is a mini cycle that is reoccurring from waste of stock *undetectable with your testing kits* causing small die off just enough to feed the cyano. Is it located in one general area? Maybe a UV sterilizer will help rid you of it. What kind of flow do you have in those areas too?

IT is. im now thinking it was a ricordia that melted away. last week i noticed a pair and one started to shrivel, now its not around. so either that or detritus is getting stuck there. the flow is crazy (AC70), it hits the top of my LR where the sylos are and then flows over and around to everything. i know this because i dosed once directly into the tank and saw the milky chemicals flow in that pattern. that said. i have been leaving my lights on for a longer time than usual, due to not having a timer atm. In the morning its lite compared to when i come home from work, where its a thick red mat. i was thinking about light starving it, but i dont want to risk killing my beautiful stylos and monti cap.

IT is. im now thinking it was a ricordia that melted away. last week i noticed a pair and one started to shrivel, now its not around. so either that or detritus is getting stuck there. the flow is crazy (AC70), it hits the top of my LR where the sylos are and then flows over and around to everything. i know this because i dosed once directly into the tank and saw the milky chemicals flow in that pattern. that said. i have been leaving my lights on for a longer time than usual, due to not having a timer atm. In the morning its light compared to when i come home from work, where its a thick red mat. i was thinking about light starving it, but i dont want to risk killing my beautiful stylos and monti cap.

I say just keep syphoning it out as best as possible, keep up with the water changes and just let it do it's thing. If you don't want to lose the corals I wouldn't risk trying to light starve it.

Here is an update of the current FTS. enjoy.

"nibbler" finally found out about the cave in the rock. if you can make it out, hes in it - haha

marchFTS.jpg

Looks great! Good color. I like that you didn't go all blue like a lot of others tend to do....

Well done!

ugh, why must you have such a gorgeous tank. :tears:

Archived