Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Driftys' JbJ Pico!

driftsaru

Hello NR, i initially started with this and then moved it all to a 10g AGA. Well the bug hit me hard again, so i started my JBJ pico again! It in the "collection" process at the moment. I am going to redo my aquascape eventually. My plans are to put a DIY T5-VHO on it(when evil decides to post bulb color combo pics). With that said the tank has been up and running for 2 months.

Here is the information on the tank, please feel free to post guys!

EQUIPMENT

RO/DI

Spectapure ProPlus 90gpd 4 stage.

Tank:

JBJ Picotope 3g

Filtration:

AC70, was initially made to be a fuge.

-Bag-o-Carbon

-filter sponge

ATO:

DIY ATO, made with water bottle from petsmart and some plumbing pieces from Lowe's

Lighting:

Stock Picotope light.

-waiting on EVIL for the T5 info!!!!

Misc.

Analog thermometer

Two Little fishes NanoMag scraper

Custom, DIY, oak "desktop" stand

Chemicals:

Dosing Brightwell 2 part daily, premixed into ATO water.

LIVE STOCK

Plants

Red Mangrove x2

SPS

Green Stylophora frag 1.5"

Pink Stylophora frag 3"

Red Monti Cap frag 2"

LPS

Red Acan Colony x15 heads

Red Acan frags(from ^ colony) x3(4 total heads)

Purple/Green Acan colony x50+ heads

Frogspawn frag x1

Mushrooms

Blue and Green Ricordia x6 total(from sbcaes GB, thanks again sbcaes!)

Blue metallic x1

Zoas

Red mini colony x30+ heads

Green mini colony x15+ heads

And now the fish!

Red Painted Angler 1.5"(please no flamers) im aware of its 8"+ size

CUC (thanks to John Maloney @ reefcleaners)

astria x2

nerites x6

hermits x3

Current FTS! 3/19/10

marchFTS.jpg

FTS 2/20/10

IMG00045-20100221-1806.jpg

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks great with all the coral!

One suggestion: place the thermometer into the AC 70. it's not that hard to figure out where and how to view it through the clearish plastic ;)

that removes the thermo distraction from your scape!

Thanks for the comments all! here is a better picture of that acan, enjoy. The color has faded significantly since it was put under PC. I hope to change all that with T5's soon!

IMG00046-20100221-1806.jpg

Will the frogspawn create issues with other corals in such a small tank? I have read they can send out a chemical that can poison other corals if they feel threatened. I also read where one needs a chemical filter to help resolve this issue. Just wondering.

To be honest I have never heard of such a thing. The frogspawn came from a 10g that was heavily stocked. I never had an issue with it in there. But thanks for the heads up , ill look into it.

here it is in the old tank.

goby.jpg

Came home today and found my angler trying to blend into the monti cap, thought it was funny. It went from a bright red to almost blood red, pretty neat!

IMG00049-20100222-1506.jpg

Came home today and found my angler trying to blend into the monti cap, thought it was funny. He went from a bright red to almost blood red, pretty neat!

IMG00049-20100222-1506.jpg

wow, what kind of fish is that? you said angler? How big does it get?

wow, what kind of fish is that? you said angler? How big does it get?

Its a red painted angler. Grows to be about 6" plus. Can't have him with any other fish due to him being able to eat anything his size. Its fed shrimp and guppies gut loaded with cyclops, mysis, flake. When he gets large it'll be fed damsels or frozen if I can train it with a feeding stick.

That goby does not approve of photography of it's house :)

Haha i hear you, shes always looking at me weird when i probe around in that tank. i saw an adult male today at my lfs, im tempted to get her a mate =)

yeah, that anglers is so cool...if only there were mini anglers that could stay in a tank this small forever..

I wish so too. Oh well. When he outgrows it ill be sad. :(

wow i literally just placed my new acan in the only spot it would fit. this thing is HUGE. Its pissed off atm. ill post pictures later when its opened.

purplegreenacan.jpg

Wow that acan is amazing, tank looks great! I'm going to start corals in mine next week, hopefully it looks as nice as yours :)

thanks sanchez, are you in socal?

Archived