FishTacos Solana must see new FTS

FishTacos

• 2 weeks later...

FTS.JPG

FTS

Clams.JPG

Acan.JPG

Bali%2520Green.JPG

Bali Green Slimer- Has had significant growth in the past 3 months. Compare to FTS above. Anyone know why the ares of new growth (entire branch not just tips) are so light/white compared to the base.

Overall my tank is really start to work. I coudln't grow SPS for the longest time. I think my Deltec MCE 650 skimmer was key in the change (I am not fond with the tunze). Begining dosing with 2 part was also key. Next goal, color!!!

params

Ph 8.1

Temp 77.5

Calc 380

Alk 12

Mg 1280

Based on this I am increasing my Mg dosing to get Mg above 1300. Because Ca is low, I am dosing calc at a higher rate than alk for the time being, when calc gets in line, I will start dosing equal amounts again.

Sexy Monti Cap!

Thanks for the feedback, good to know you like the monte. I actually have been getting sick of it because it is so big and kinda overwhelming my tank. Was thinking of fraging it way back to make room for other stuff. Need to find something to do with the frags...

• 2 weeks later...

Just checking out your tank after replying to your chemistry mystery thread. Looking at the cap, I can't believe it's your cal that is low. Caps are notorious for sucking down the alk. Perhaps yours is the opposite. I'm sure that your LFS would make some trades with you for some of your monti cap. Good luck getting your chemistry back in line. Let me know if I can help at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Several updates on the tank.

1) dosing/supplement changes- started dosing phols xtra, coral vitalizer, MB7, and lugols....we'll see if this makes a difference.

2) Added a canary blenny and red banded goby + pistol shrimp.

Spent a long time debating wether or not to start carbon dosing either with vodka or biopellets. Finally decided against it. My nitrates are already undetectable on the Salifert kit and my phos runs 0.04 on the hanna. Not sure what trying to get things lower would add. Thoughts?

Ill get pics of the new livestock soon.

Hi all,

New livestock photos.

Canary.JPG

Canary Blenny- not eating yet. Stares at mysis and dosnt really know what to do w it. Will keep trying

pistol%20s.JPG

Red banded goby w pistol shrimp

red%20blenny.JPG

Red banded goby

Nooo :o what happened? It surfer the carpet huh?

No, he was swimming around looking great for the past few days, started eating mysis yesterday, then this afternoon was just dead on the bottom of the tank. I have no clue why.

Disaster strikes :(

Was cleaning glass with my mag cleaner and I hit the side of my monte....long story short my rock structure ended up crashing down and my tank now looks like a post-huricaine mess.

My large monte cap was sacrificed and is in several pieces now. My aquascape is just a pile of rocks with coral randomly placed around.

• 2 weeks later...

photo.JPG

Newest pic. Notice the large monte cap is gone...sold.

going to try to re-scape soon, want to get rid of some rock and go for a more minimal look. Plan to make the rock structure less tall and have more growing room for the SPS vertically. Also want to put a ric garden front/right neear the other rics.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived