inTank Media Baskets

[Video] Dwarf Blue Legged Hermit Shell Swap

Giannis86

Hey folks,

One of my hermits decided to change shell yesterday, on a very easy to document spot. I quickly grabbed a camera and took a video of it. Thought i would share it with you :happy:

Although I have seen pictures of them outside their shell before, i gotta say they look even more hideous from close by :o .

Very cool! Thanks for posting!

My sister told me they were pretty gross without their shells and I have been waiting to witness this.

My scarlet reef was was checking out some shells the other night, but I guess he was just browsing :)

danielle

oh, and btw, I liked the music you chose :)

Enjoyed the vid! ;)

Occassionally I will put in some shells for my bluespot jawfish to use. But as soon as I put the shells in, the hermits all gather around them to check them out! It's a funny sight to watch them fight over the best ones!

that blue legged, my friend, looks like it has eggs. their bodies arent usually green and fuzzy looking

honestly i dont remember if it was green when watching it. I think it was more or less yellow/gold in color but i could be wrong. Could also be that the camera didnt capture the color properly.

Neat, I think the back end of my scarlet is more clear. How often do they change shells?

Honestly i think whenever they feel like it lol

Archived