ReefCleaners.org

Newman's Picotope

.Newman.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That blows, but yeah totally understand. Hope you get reasonable prices for your zoas etc, always harder to sell colonies for big bucks I guess, but would be a shame to split them up.

Newman, first congrats on your new place and second it sucks that you are tearing down :(

This tank IS TOTM material and has been for a very long time. But you have to do what you have to do.

I'll txt you about some of the colonies.

AWWWW i'm bummed to hear that you are having to take down this tank! :mellow: It's one of the few really well established picos and definitely TOTM material.

Sorry I won't be able to help you with the larger colonies (I have a pico too). Good luck with the sales. You have some great livestock. Everything I've bought from you is doing really well.

Yes, Those are lamo reasons. :P

I did not give my reasons for doing this in that post lol.

And I do want to keep it alive and going...It is currently tough to decide if I should keep it running, or whether it wouldn't be worth it...

W whatever reasons ou have aren't good enough to take down this masterpiece of a pico. If you take it down I will hunt you down and force you to set it back up. Then I will make you pay for the plane tickets out there. Don't take it down or else!!!!

unfortunately i did decide to take it down yesterday :(

a few of the larger rocks are getting sold at the end of this week, and then I'll have a bunch of zoas frags left (from the rock rubble at the front of the tank) and my blood fire shrimp. I will likely sell those with shipping. after that comes the equipment including the light, the tank, the filter, and the chiller. i'll probably ship the chiller and maybe the light if there are no local buyers.

yes, i know. i never thought i would be the one doing this - taking my pico down before it had a chance to show how long it can last. but things changed when i moved out. right now i think it's best to find all the animals better homes, and shut the tank down. I probably will not return to a SW pico idea for a while. at least not until i am more set with my career.

Once I am, you can bet you will see an even better pico in the future.

I wish i could have made this pico into one that bested El Fab's picotope. But it looks like his pico is still the best. pj86's picotope will soon be just as amazing as El Fab's. Also lets not forget brandon's vase and all the other awesome tanks we see here. most of them are rapidly growing into some of the best looking reefs I have seen. I'll be following some of the threads on this forum. you can be sure of it.

el fabuloso

Your pico is oozing with pure awesomeness! I can't believe I missed this thread. I love everything about it. The setup, the livestock selection and the overall layout and composition of it. I'm impressed with how well you were able to squeeze a wide diversity of life into the tank, including a clam!

So sad to hear that you're tearing it down but I know that feeling too well. Probably a lot better than anyone. If you do tear it down, just remember that you can always do it again. The tank may be gone but the knowledge and the experience you've learned will always be there. :)

I'll let you know how much my plane ticket is.

Sucks to see this tank go Newman.

Awww... :(

It does suck. I'm still :(

Hi El Fab. Nice to see you, though I don't think you were active when I joined.

el fabuloso
Hi El Fab. Nice to see you, though I don't think you were active when I joined.

Probably not. I've been away for some time. Hi. :)

Probably not. I've been away for some time. Hi. :)

I have modded many Aquaclears in your name, though. :lol:

I will mourn the loss of Newman's pico now.

Still :( Newman.

L

It is defeating to go through with taking down my favorite aquarium that I have kept to date, but as El Fab said - the knowledge and experience will still be there for the next time, and surely next time the tank will be even better than this one. Hopefully less losses too. now that i know more about what works in picos and what doesnt. I did not have too many livestock losses with this tank, but next time there will be none.

Thanks for stopping by El Fab and others. I appreciate it.

chippwalters

Newman,

You've been so generous over the years with your advice and help to many of us. Sorry to see your tank go, but I certainly understand. Please post here in a month regarding the feeling you have after it's gone. I'm interested in if you have some relief or just sadness.

Thanks for a great ride!

i will post back in a while as you say, but i am certain that there will be sadness. this tank was a part of me. it will be missed for the rest of my life.

I'll try to be active around the forums though if i can :)

i will post back in a while as you say, but i am certain that there will be sadness. this tank was a part of me. it will be missed for the rest of my life.

I'll try to be active around the forums though if i can :)

Awwww *gives Newman big hug* It does stink. I'll be dismantling my last planted tank during the Summer. The end of an era, no more planted tanks. And I do this with mixed feelings.

Yes, be active, go to my journals now. :P and give them the Newman touch.

Sorry to hear this has been taken down! Some tanks have "it" and this was one of them! I hope someone here gets your GSP covered koralia. That thing is awesome.

parishilton

I have been away for a long time and this is not the kind of news I want to hear from this thread when I come back. Very sorry to hear that but I think you have your reasons because this is not the decision that anyone could decide right away. Come back and set up a new tank when you have a chance. I am sure it would be even more beautiful than this one.

I totally understand your feeling as I just experienced it myself earlier. Even though the tank is not around, I am sure all the great knowledge and example in here will continuously be useful for us all.

Wish you all the best from now on.

Archived