Cultivated Reef

Newman's Picotope

.Newman.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok i will. i'm taking a pic right now and will PM you. hopefully you can help me with the price too.

Hehe, I may help you more than just with the price, I love acans!

If L doesnt take it I might be interested.

At any rate, let's see what they look like. They may suck, but knowing Newman, they probably don't. I don't think anything in his tank sucks. And all my stuff from his tank is awesome

L

thanks, i just sent the PM with some pics of things including the acan. here it is btw:

DSCN4038.jpg

not the coolest looking acan out there, but it was my very first LPS that i bought almost 2 years ago, and i like it very much, I would keep it until i get a larger reef tank to grow it out but at this point, i am uncertain about how soon that will be. it may take years and i think i'm going to run out of room within the next year, so the acan would be happier out of my tank.

Here are two other pics that i thought looked cool. first my green BN colony and then my derasa.

DSCN4041.jpg

DSCN4042.jpg

try to spot the shrimp lol.

Oh that's way too easy! Haha, as a fellow keeper of the elusive fire shrimp I know all their hiding places. He's in the top of the photo about a third of the way from the left.

haha, how is it dramatic? the inverts looking toward the right?

That, and they look like they should have names...

Newman's pico reef...

Starring...

blank the porcelain crab & blank the fire shrimp

I name my stuff.

That is one quality sig...

which blastos do you have, the merletti? Yes I do like those! if you have a tiny one you could spare that would be cool. otherwise we'll have to arrange something.

My favorite recent bettas were named Flash and Silver. there was also a female named Angel that I liked a lot. I tried breeding Flash and Angel a couple of times with moderate success. i would have tried a third time but the male jumped out of his holding tank before i could start conditioning again. the fish have to be conditioned before breeding. all of them are no longer living though :( After that happened i decided not to keep bettas anymore for a long while. might try again in the future.

Tank is looking great as usual. I picked up a birdsnest the other day because

1. My favorite sps

2. I thought of how awesome it looks in your tank.

My nem crab has found the bubble coral in the tank and hasn't left going on three weeks now.. Is yours still posted up in the blastos?

NP. I'll bring you a present.

That is one quality sig...

which blastos do you have, the merletti? Yes I do like those! if you have a tiny one you could spare that would be cool. otherwise we'll have to arrange something.

My favorite recent bettas were named Flash and Silver. there was also a female named Angel that I liked a lot. I tried breeding Flash and Angel a couple of times with moderate success. i would have tried a third time but the male jumped out of his holding tank before i could start conditioning again. the fish have to be conditioned before breeding. all of them are no longer living though :( After that happened i decided not to keep bettas anymore for a long while. might try again in the future.

Can I steal your pico? :flower:

thanks, i just sent the PM with some pics of things including the acan. here it is btw:

DSCN4038.jpg

not the coolest looking acan out there, but it was my very first LPS that i bought almost 2 years ago, and i like it very much, I would keep it until i get a larger reef tank to grow it out but at this point, i am uncertain about how soon that will be. it may take years and i think i'm going to run out of room within the next year, so the acan would be happier out of my tank.

Here are two other pics that i thought looked cool. first my green BN colony and then my derasa.

DSCN4041.jpg

DSCN4042.jpg

try to spot the shrimp lol.

That Acan is awesome!

If you do sell it and will ship, lemme know :)

thanks for visiting my thread guys. yes the acan was for sale and sold immediately to someone on here.

Yes my porcelain is still on the blastos right now. he moved from the left side of the tank (under the pocillopora) to the right side of the tank (on the blastos). he seems to like the blastos right now. the blastos dont mind him. although when i try to feed the blasto polyps, the crab gets all excited and stabs the coral while it shifts around looking for food...which makes feeding the blasto difficult. I have to wait for the crab to eat first, and for the blastos inflate again in order to feed them. They still take food well though.

And thanks metrokat!

for an unknown reason my new submerged fugelight burned out today...i had replacement bulbs but i think i tossed them by accident >_<

No choice but to order new ones i guess. hopefully chaeto will be fine for a while.

thanks!

as long as my upcoming move goes smoothly, this tank should have at least another good year of life. El Fab's lived to be 3 years old and some change. i don't see why mine can't last just as long. I employ some of his maintenance techniques for this pico.

for an unknown reason my new submerged fugelight burned out today...

that's a bummer, and LEDs are supposed to last sooooo long lol.

Don't fret about the chaeto, it actually takes effort to kill it. I've had some sit in a bag for two weeks without dying before I just decided to pitch it. Everything living within the algae died and smelled rancid, but the chaeto itself was like nothing happened. Cockroach of the algaes.

Archived