Cultivated Reef

Newman's Picotope

.Newman.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a simple bottle with some holes I bored into it's cap and sides. here is it's function:http://www.aquahub.com/store/product15.html

a simple bottle with some holes I bored into it's cap and sides. here is it's function:http://www.aquahub.com/store/product15.html

I've seen those before. I was more interested in how you hang it on your tank.

oh lol, the cap of the bottle is glue to a thin strip of plexy glass that i bent at a "right angle" and that strip is super glued to my HOB filter :D

if you need a visual refer to this guy's vid:

Mr. Microscope
Also found the vary rare and unusual Hermit Zoa:

goldifhs140.jpg

I hear they are endangered :slap:

LOL!!! :lol: Nice. Keep an eye on that one. Wouldn't want it to crawl out of the tank.

lol it keeps moving on me. although I know in reality its something else that keeps knocking the shell of the zoa from its previous perch.

The darn green striped shroom that I glue to the rock decided that it was not going to be bound by superglue today and so it detached. now I have no idea how to attach it to that rock since the rock is too big for a shot glass and I have no small dish to put in the tank corner that has the least flow.

the shroom is wedged between two rocks ATM so I hope it decides to attach soon...if it drifts off then that would really suck :(

i really like the idea of adding the rubble to sand bed it makes your tank look completely different for the better and different from other tanks for that matter. Hope your plan of letting the corals over run the rubble works out i was sort of planning on doing something similar to the right side of my tank where i would like to have a ric garden or something in the future.

Apparently my 2 cerith snails have successfully bred and now I have quite a few baby ceriths crawling about. I think the corals are growing, but I can't really tell w/o pics...

The green stiped shroom that I moved a while ago had finally attached in a small crevice, just about where I wanted it to attach in the first place.

I would take pics but I cannot seem to find my camera... =/

on second thought I jsut found it LOL. I'll update with some pics soon :P

PICS

Here is the generic FTS of the tank today:

goldifhs158.jpg

Here is a shot that thought looked cool enough to include in the update:

goldifhs154.jpg

The way the full tank looks under the normal lights (camera's white balance is a bit off):

goldifhs153.jpg

The green striped shroom is on the right, all settled into its new spot:

goldifhs152.jpg

I did cave in and buy a Peppermint Shrimp a week ago >_<(gotta build that bioload right?) :

goldifhs155.jpg

goldifhs156.jpg

And here is what I'm talking about with the ceriths (two babies on the left and parent on the right):

goldifhs151.jpg

yes it is a Blasto. It's bound to grow some more heads soon cuz I see about 4 buds under the skirt :P

you know, looking back at what I just said, that sentence sounds very awkward out of context >_<

Thanks for the support people :)

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that appears to have more snails then they started with haha. I noticed a few "babies" myself yesterday in my 5.5g.

temperatures were very high outside this week, up to 88F. It was a little cooler in the house but thanks to the heat of the coralife light, the tank's temps were around 88F for the past 2-3 days. last night the turbo and cerith snails were at the surface of the water so I know that oxygen availability in the tank was very low during the day...

Nothing seemed to be that annoyed in terms of corals, but we will see if anything dies as a result ...

I can only fear what will happen this summer because we are bound to get severe heatwaves of over 95F, probably even more severe than last summer. I wish global warming was not real...idk how to keep the tank cool when those temps come around...

any ideas guys? a large fan?

Archived