Innovative Marine Aquariums

ADA reef owners thread.

schgr.cube

I will be joining this exclusive club shortly. Just less than 10 minutes ago, I placed an order for a ADA 60-P from adgshop.com. I had a really hard time deciding between the 60-P and the 60-F especially after seeing ReHype's awesome 60-F. However, I want to keep a couple SPS so the 60-P will be great. I'll start a thread as soon as it arrives and I start building. B) Continuing to lurk for now...

sweet B)

Received the tracking number from Jeff @ adgshop.com a few hours ago, my 60-P will be here on Friday. B) I sure hope it survives the transit, glass and UPS don't always mix well. :huh: I'm probably paranoid though.

schgr.cube
Received the tracking number from Jeff @ adgshop.com a few hours ago, my 60-P will be here on Friday. B) I sure hope it survives the transit, glass and UPS don't always mix well. :huh: I'm probably paranoid though.

Woooo, grats! I kind of wish I had gone with the 60p instead, I was just so in the mindset of a small cube that I didn't want to give it up...the things I would change if I could... :P

On a side note to all of the 30C owners out there, what do you set your MP10 at? I feel like im cranking the flow up too much, even for the SPS.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I scrapped my custom diy tank, which I will now sell. I had my LFS order this for me last week, and I picked it up tonight! Quality is amazing. Tank is a 90p with overflow.

DSC_0001-4.jpg

Edited by Justice
  • Like 1
reeftankguy
I scrapped my custom diy tank plans, which I will now sell. I had my LFS order this for me last week, and I picked it up tonight! Quality is amazing. Tank is a 90p with overflow.

DSC_0001-4.jpg

:o

Sweet... Wish I could afford one of those!

Wow, can we get some better pictures of that overflow? I didn't realize they were completely clear like that...
They are made of the same glass and drilled... super sweet! Edited by reeftankguy
Wow, can we get some better pictures of that overflow? I didn't realize they were completely clear like that...

Heres a better pic for ya.

ADA90POF.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Justice: That tank looks sweet.

Seriously thinking of picking up the 90P with overflow. Hopefully will be joining the club soon.....If it were your tank which lighting would you go with? I already have the following:

36" elos 2x150wMH + 4x39w T5 or

1 Lumen Max Elite driven by 150w magnetic ballast + 12 3w cree led's?

(planning on keeping mostly lps with some sps)....

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone running lilly pipes? I am planning on grabbing either a 75p or 90p and I'd prefer not drilling it because I feel like it would go against the look I am trying to achieve. I want to run lilly pipes for the in and outflow but I'm not sure if they work well with the high amount of flow required with reef tanks.

Here's some progress on mine. Missing in picture are some purple&green duncan's and blue acro.

SAM_2059.jpg

Question for anyone - has anybody done a nice looking lid on one of these? Ive been losing fish due to such a shallow tank.

Anyone running lilly pipes? I am planning on grabbing either a 75p or 90p and I'd prefer not drilling it because I feel like it would go against the look I am trying to achieve. I want to run lilly pipes for the in and outflow but I'm not sure if they work well with the high amount of flow required with reef tanks.

Lily pipes might work for returns on smaller tanks. I think the larger ADA lily pipes run 20mm so around 3/4". I don't have an ADA but I was looking into it just for kicks.

Here's some progress on mine. Missing in picture are some purple&green duncan's and blue acro.

SAM_2059.jpg

Question for anyone - has anybody done a nice looking lid on one of these? Ive been losing fish due to such a shallow tank.

That is one nice tank. Don't happen to have a tank thread do you? But I feel like lid's on ADA's dont work too well. You might try looking into something like an acrylic rim that will sit on the edge of your tank. Drill holes in it and thread clear fishing wire through the holes creating a net in the middle. Cleanest way I can imagine.

SAM_2059.jpg

That was my question as well and one of the only reasons I have been holding back.

i just got two pieces of glass cut that i put over the top of my rimless tank. two pieces to total a bit less than the whole top so that i can leave a gap in the middle for air. (and then you dont have to take the whole thing off when you want to feed or get in the tank) i also glued some pieces of acrylic to the corners so that it rests slightly above the rim so there is also more room for air. it's a pain to take the glass on and off, but it looks good and doesn't really take away from the look. i don't have any pictures of it so hopefully i'm describing it well enough.

Lily pipes might work for returns on smaller tanks. I think the larger ADA lily pipes run 20mm so around 3/4". I don't have an ADA but I was looking into it just for kicks.

That is one nice tank. Don't happen to have a tank thread do you? But I feel like lid's on ADA's dont work too well. You might try looking into something like an acrylic rim that will sit on the edge of your tank. Drill holes in it and thread clear fishing wire through the holes creating a net in the middle. Cleanest way I can imagine.

Good plan with the fishing wire. I'll check that out. No tank thread.. I should start one. I've done quite the modifications to my apartment for this build. My LED bulbs hang from an outlet in the ceiling, and a refugium & sump, ATO and reservoir in the kitchen cupboards. Plumbing runs through the wall behind the tank.

In regards to the lily pipes - I was thinking about running one for the return myself, although I hear they are quite brittle. I'm a member of the ADA Group on facebook and I hear about people breaking them often.

Your tank looks fantastic digi. Ive been running lily pipes on my ada and have to agree they break pretty easily but they do look nice.

4707071927_6f131f1b6b.jpg