ReefCleaners.org

12g and 28g Nano-Cube – Upgraded Media Basket

urbaneks

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just curious, have you tried making one with the rear panel a bit taller than the front one to help keep water from rolling off the back when you have a lot of flow? Seems like maybe making the back a bit taller you might get more water going through the basket instead of letting the movement of the water take it off the back.

Just curious, have you tried making one with the rear panel a bit taller than the front one to help keep water from rolling off the back when you have a lot of flow? Seems like maybe making the back a bit taller you might get more water going through the basket instead of letting the movement of the water take it off the back.

I have not but have thought about it a few times. As long as I keep my filter floss changed every couple of days, I don't have water running over the basket. It would be interesting to give it a shot.

I have not but have thought about it a few times. As long as I keep my filter floss changed every couple of days, I don't have water running over the basket. It would be interesting to give it a shot.

I've also noticed water rolling over, but only if I stuff the basket full of media or the media is dirty. I'd probably replace the filter floss once a week to keep this from happening.

Thanks Brad, great product money well spent. Anyone with a nano cube needs to get this works so much better than the original one. Nice to have that bag of chemi-pure fit so easily too. Now you gotta work on the pos stock skimmer lol.

Thanks Brad, great product money well spent. Anyone with a nano cube needs to get this works so much better than the original one. Nice to have that bag of chemi-pure fit so easily too. Now you gotta work on the pos stock skimmer lol.

Outstanding. Glad that it's working out for you!

marinekeeper
So basically you copied an idea and copied someone's methods, now you want to compete with him. Seems to me we have a vendor who manufactures and sells media racks and pays to be a site sponsor to sell them.

How much for the baskets?

I've been running urbaneks's basket for a few days now and noticed a considerable improvement in water clarity within hours. Plenty of room for floss, refuge, and chemi-pure elite. Very satisfied. Thanks Urbaneks!

• 2 weeks later...

I just got the pure nano upgraded basket from Brad last Friday, he shipped it really fast and i got it in 2 days. Thanks Brad!

question - i'm using chemi pure elite in the 3rd, purigen in 2nd, and filter floss in 1st on top, there's still quite a bit of water flowing over the filter floss, is this a flow problem or normal? or i have too much water in the tank?

I filled my tank until main tank and all rear chambers are full. when both pumps are running, the last two outer chambers are usually half way full.

I just got the pure nano upgraded basket from Brad last Friday, he shipped it really fast and i got it in 2 days. Thanks Brad!

question - i'm using chemi pure elite in the 3rd, purigen in 2nd, and filter floss in 1st on top, there's still quite a bit of water flowing over the filter floss, is this a flow problem or normal? or i have too much water in the tank?

I filled my tank until main tank and all rear chambers are full. when both pumps are running, the last two outer chambers are usually half way full.

I run both return pumps at the same time. As long as your filter floss is new it should not over flow the floss. Try a bit less floss in the top chamber.

soundsfishy

I have the media basket and it has helped. It is extremly well made. I stil have some particles in my water but this media basket is far better than the stock one! At least it filters the whole water column and has room for a bag of Chemi-Pure! All in all I am happy I got it.

I have the media basket and it has helped. It is extremly well made. I stil have some particles in my water but this media basket is far better than the stock one! At least it filters the whole water column and has room for a bag of Chemi-Pure! All in all I am happy I got it.

If you don't do this already, once a week between water changes, I recommend using a turkey baster to blow the rocks free of debris. After a few weeks of this along with doing it just before your water change, you should start seeing next to zero particles.

The other thing I love about this basket over the stock is that when I do use the turkey baster or stir things up, my tank is completely clear within about 15 mins.

• 2 weeks later...

A couple folks have asked about a basket with a higher back wall, here is the first one made with the higher back wall. The thought here is as your filter floss begins to clog over a couple days that you would still not get any roll over the back wall.

rev3basket.jpg

Rev. 3 Basket

Archived