bfleming0009

biOrb Jellyfish tank

rogue

Just wanted to say that I am a new member, but I purchased a 16 gal tank about the same time exhale did I think. I got the tank set up two Thursdays ago (Feb25th), and on Friday I ordered my jellys to be here. They shipped Monday, and I got them last Tuesday (Mar 2nd). Its been a week and they are still alive! This is honestly my first salt water tank I have ever had, and all my knowledege has come from reading off the Jellyfishart website. Its super simple and they have been very good with guiding me through everything

Here are two videos & pictures

http://www.facebook.com/v/1369112266016

http://www.facebook.com/v/1368311726003

post-51345-1268114351_thumb.jpg

Edited by rogue

nor_cal_nano

@ rogue:

Awesome man.. congrats. Keep us in touch with how things go.

GrandpaFeathers

Didn't cycle it or anything?

rogue
Didn't cycle it or anything?

I put 1.5 oz. of cycle (TLC brand) into it that Thursday when I filled it up, I purchased my salt water directly from the local supply store, I checked the temp and hydrometer the next day, and I had to add RO water to bring it down a little bit. The TLC cycle said it works in 3 days, I added another 1oz the day the jellys arrived. I did a 30% water change yesterday

PS. Two of my jellys had large holes in the center of them that showed up the day after I got them, and I figured they were goners for sure, but the holes got smaller a day later, and now it looks as if they are all healed.

Edited by rogue

Battle Born

very cool! thanks for sharing with us.

Nate Dawg
So what do you all think for Jelly fish?

Moon -

Or

Blue =

Go for the moon jellies.

The catostylus are extremely difficult even for advanced jellyfish keepers.

Kwalletje

Hi Rogue,

I was wondering what you feed your jelly's

ReefSki
Hi Rogue,

I was wondering what you feed your jelly's

good to see you found taking advantage of the thread i posted!

Kwalletje

rogue

Its Cyclop-eeze, but I am not sure what is going on because they are shrinking, so now I am feeding them twice a day! As you can see in the video they are huge, and now they are just bigger than a half dollar

http://www.freezerbar.com/

Edited by rogue

bfleming0009

Hi Everyone... Sorry for disappearing work has been keeping me crazy busy.

Rogue, your jellies look awesome! How are they doing? Did you order the jellies from jellyfistart.com?

As we posted earlier our test jelly bit the dust a few days after we put him in the tank... I think that discouraged me a little from purchasing the expensive jellyfish from jellyfishart.com. I'm going to try to jump back in the project again. Rogue's success looks promising so far!

I think we're going to still give it a go with the blue jellies, we'll see if our success varies any from Rogue.

Not really sure what my timeframe is going to be like on purchasing jellies. Will keep everyone updated.

Edited by bfleming0009

Kwalletje
Its Cyclop-eeze, but I am not sure what is going on because they are shrinking, so now I am feeding them twice a day! As you can see in the video they are huge, and now they are just bigger than a half dollar

Do you just drop the food in the tank or do you feed them one at a time by putting the food under their bell? This could make a big difference, they might have trouble catching the cyclop-eeze.

rogue
Do you just drop the food in the tank or do you feed them one at a time by putting the food under their bell? This could make a big difference, they might have trouble catching the cyclop-eeze.

All five that I ordered are still alive, just two of them are very small. I do use a coral feeder, and put the food under their bell. I have increased their food and will let you know if they return to their normal size when I received them.

Nate Dawg
Just wanted to say that I am a new member, but I purchased a 16 gal tank about the same time exhale did I think. I got the tank set up two Thursdays ago (Feb25th), and on Friday I ordered my jellys to be here. They shipped Monday, and I got them last Tuesday (Mar 2nd). Its been a week and they are still alive! This is honestly my first salt water tank I have ever had, and all my knowledege has come from reading off the Jellyfishart website. Its super simple and they have been very good with guiding me through everything

Here are two videos & pictures

http://www.facebook.com/v/1369112266016

http://www.facebook.com/v/1368311726003

Did you buy a regular Biorb or did you buy the Jellyfish Art Desktop Tank?

rogue
Did you buy a regular Biorb or did you buy the Jellyfish Art Desktop Tank?

I bought a regular 16gal biorb (petsmart $179), and then purchased a conversion kit from Jellyfishart, got my water levels correct, and ordered the Moon Jellys (also from them) a few days later.

Nate Dawg
I bought a regular 16gal biorb (petsmart $179), and then purchased a conversion kit from Jellyfishart, got my water levels correct, and ordered the Moon Jellys (also from them) a few days later.

How much is the conversion kit?

rogue
How much is the conversion kit?

It was around $120, it included the heater (and thermometer), the extended bubble tube, the glass gems, hydrometer, algee magnet, and salt (although I didn't use the salt because I purchased saltwater from my LFS)

Nate Dawg
It was around $120, it included the heater (and thermometer), the extended bubble tube, the glass gems, hydrometer, algee magnet, and salt (although I didn't use the salt because I purchased saltwater from my LFS)

That seems a little expensive. A heater is around $30, you can extend the bubble tube for probably $5, are glass gems really that expensive? Hydrometer, algae magnet and salt would be around $25-30... Hmmm... Probably valued around $65-75? Oh, well I guess that isn't that bad because they needs a little profit.

johnmaloney

the glass gem market is more lucrative than the real one. check back a few pages... :)

rogue
the glass gem market is more lucrative than the real one. check back a few pages... :)

I was able to find more glass gems to add to my tank at a local hobby store they were $2 for about a softball size bag

Nate Dawg

Might wanna try some zooplankton like marine snow or reef bugs (i think). and be sure to use nauplii. The full grown brine shrimp have devoured the yolk sac, the only nutricious part of the brine shrimp. They eat the yolk sac in like 24 hrs.

Make sure your nauplii are soaked in Super Selco. Or if you don't have money comming out of your ears, use selcon.

Edited by Nate Dawg

Nate Dawg

UPDATE ON THE BIORB TANK???

rogue

My biorb is still kick'n