Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Curry's 30 Long - Now with 45% moar Eel

Curry02

Heres a shot with actinics and regular bulbs.

DSC_1631.jpg

Couldn't get a good shot of him since he likes sticking in the corner.

DSC_1639.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New FTS. You can see the 4 month change in the chalice. It got so big so fast I had to move the powerhead lower. It got back a lot of color as well. This weekend I might get a bunch of random zoas, acans and two more chalice frags.

FTS_6_24_11.jpg

DSC_1712.jpg

DSC_1685.jpg

I know youre not a big fan of all that algae but I think it looks pretty awesome :happy:

I liked it when it wasn't everywhere. Now I hate it. lol

awesome tank, very natural looking. The rock wall is sweet

Thanks!! =)

everything is looking great. That chalice is growing like i weed lol

Thanks! Yea it is... I was so surprised. I picked up a few more chalice varities so lets see how quickly they grow and what colors they take on.

Long time no talk, How have you been and how are your tanks?

Great looking tank, what kind of algae is that growing all over? It looks awesome IMO

Neomaris... It was cools before but it kinda took over my entire tank! I flipped over my rocks and redid the scape so it looks a little more tame. It was 100x worse.

Thank you all for the kind words!

redkneecoral
Thanks!! =)

Thanks! Yea it is... I was so surprised. I picked up a few more chalice varities so lets see how quickly they grow and what colors they take on.

Long time no talk, How have you been and how are your tanks?

Yeah has been awhile. Been really busy. I've started back on the remodeling of my future home. I've fjust finished up here recently of tearing up the subfloor area where my future big tank is going to place at. Man, i really supported it, concrete pillars, extra floor joyces and stablizers. It's ready for at least a 180 gal to be born lol. Well if I'm lucky.

My tanks are doing well. Still have the 30, but I just started cycling out my 65.

great to hear from ya

Yeah has been awhile. Been really busy. I've started back on the remodeling of my future home. I've fjust finished up here recently of tearing up the subfloor area where my future big tank is going to place at. Man, i really supported it, concrete pillars, extra floor joyces and stablizers. It's ready for at least a 180 gal to be born lol. Well if I'm lucky.

My tanks are doing well. Still have the 30, but I just started cycling out my 65.

great to hear from ya

Good to hear. Holy crap that's some serious support! Let me know when you start putting the 180 together... pics will be needed. haha. What are your plans for the 65?

Busy on my end too.. wedding day is only a few days away. I've been teaching my sister how to take care of the tank when I leave for the honeymoon. lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

[quote name='redkneecoral' date='Jul 9 2011, 03:07 PM' post='3440349'

congrats of you getting married, what was the theme, Under the Sea

Thanks! Haha yea it was actually we did the whole beach theme.

redkneecoral

wow, i was messing around, but hey, the theme worked out great.

Glad to hear you had a great wedding.

How was ya tank while you were gone.

I finally have everything in my 65gal

• 2 weeks later...
wow, i was messing around, but hey, the theme worked out great.

Glad to hear you had a great wedding.

How was ya tank while you were gone.

I finally have everything in my 65gal

LOL

Yea ill post up some quick shots a little later. Tank was great. I have been busy working on this neomeris problem. I started boiling my rocks one by one. Hopefully ill kill enough of it off and still keep my bacteria population in check.

I recently added 3 new chalice frags and a nice size hammer coral. And the acan that a hermit destroyed bounced back and colored up after about 2 weeks. today I picked up an multicolored acan frag. its like blue purple and orange or something.

How is everything on your end? Hows the tank??

• 2 months later...

My tank is still thriving well. Just hadn't been able to get online much these days and waiting for a chance to post recent pix.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
sweet looking new coral and fish

Loving the Gramma

How have you been

Been awhile

Thanks! The tank is still undergoing some renovation. I just added a phosban reactor and an MP10. so i dont have 3 powerheads taking up space in the tank anymore.

The hair algae and neomeris battle is winding down so hopefully things clear up.

I took a peek in your 65 thread. The tank is looking good!

Other than that just busy with work. Not much time spend here =(

Hows everything been with you?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Hey man! Are you still around??????????

Yea im still here and there. Been busy for a while with work. Just bought another car so I've been busy fixing it up and getting it into shape.

Haven't done much to the tank. We had a really hot day and my fans stopped worked so I lost a few pieces of coral but managed to save most of them. Lost two fish as well. =(

Whats been going on with you? Hows the tank?

So a friend was getting rid of a tank and I told him to drop it off. I have been toying with the idea of a custom sump for a while and I think I may actually do it using the CPR Overflow. Drilling the tank is out of the question for now. I think its about time for a sump and im sure the tank will benefit greatly form this. I will have to take necessary precautions so I dont end up with water all over the floor from a broken siphon.

Its a 20g tank. But i think it might be too big I was considering a 10 gallon but the 20 will give me more options for a skimmer.

Heres what it looks like in the cabinet. Needless to say all that space for storage of my RODI and misc stuff is gone bye bye

Don't laugh at my cabinet!!! Its the first type of actual woodwork i have ever done. I learned much as well as what NOT to do next time. LOL.

For chambers I'm thinking Inlet-> Skimmer -> Refuge -> Misc stuff (heater, reactor) with return pump?

IMAG0137.jpg

Archived