Pod Your Reef

Curry's 30 Long - Now with 45% moar Eel

Curry02

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
redkneecoral

I definately can tell i hadn't been around in awhile, you changed your tank. What a great looking wall. And I love your YWG, i have one and love it even though he or she is shy.

Great job.

And how's the wedding plans going for you

and congrats

• 2 weeks later...

Hey!

As you can see I haven't been around much either. Thanks very much. I think it could have come out a little better if I used the black foam but I am very happy with it none the less.

The YWG is no longer with me =( everything in the old tank perished due to a stuck heater when I was building the rock wall.

right now my current stock is 3 piece of coral, 2 firefish, 1 zebra barred goby who is EXTREMELY shy and 1 pink skunk clown.

I am working on filling it up with lots of coral now... mostly softies. How is your tank doing? I haven't had much time up until now since we were busy prepping and setting up for the engagement party.

Wedding plans are coming along. The engagement party was last week and went wonderful. and thank you =)

36232_514277130352_300100074_444131_1482068_n.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

redkneecoral

i see what you mean of the black foam, none the less, i say it yurned out just fine. I eyes kinda popped out on the changed of your tank.

My tank is coming along well, still hate my rockwork lol but still love my tank (if that makes sense together lol).

I'm not able to add much to it lately due to i just found out i need another surgery :(

Will work out in time

Im sure the wall is gonna be overrun with zoas or something eventually. Haha yea it was just one of those "hmm why not" moments...

I will be keeping up with your thread.

Very sorry to hear about the surgery. I hope all goes well!

• 1 month later...

Not much done to the tank lately but I did finally get some ATI Bulbs... and wow what a difference.

Love the way it looks... I got the Blue special and the Super blue. Still running my 2 bulb fixture but i'm going to be getting a 4 bulb fixture soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so I recently had bad luck with 3 fish dying on me in the last 2 weeks.

1st - Barred goby, fully grown - Possible cause of death - old age (had for 3+ months)

2nd- Occ Clown, 3 inches - Possible cause of death - unknown - (Died in a day)

3rd- Pink skunk clown - Possible cause of death - Ich - (had for 3+months)

The only fish left is my pair of firefish and they are pefectly fine along with the 2 shrimp and coral.

I wont be adding fish for quite a while. But I would like to start getting some ideas.

What do you guys think? I was going to try a tank raised clown this time and maybe just a bunch of other gobies...

Suggestions?

redkneecoral
Im sure the wall is gonna be overrun with zoas or something eventually. Haha yea it was just one of those "hmm why not" moments...

I will be keeping up with your thread.

Very sorry to hear about the surgery. I hope all goes well!

My surgery went great, didn't experience nearly as much pain as i did on my first surgery.

I hadn't done much to my tank yet.

I think you should try a pair of neon gobies, they are great to watch. And the 2 i had use to play like two puppies.

I think you should try the tank raised clowns.

Maybe a royal gramma do nice in your tank.

Good to hear it went well.

Yea i'm looking into the neon gobies for sure. I had some other suggestions in the fish forums. The ones that caught my eye were the Leopard Wrasse and the Blue Assessor...

I was thinking about a royal gramma but I have read mixed reviews on them.

You'll love the neon gobies for sure. They are a trip.

The Blue Assessor would be a good choice. Love the color of them

I just look that leopard up, I like it. Go for it bro

Its a really nice fish! I was doing more research on it and apparently its a bit tough as far as eating habits and internal parasites. If I do decide to get it i'll have to be really careful.

I did find some nice fairy wrasses that would be a nice addition as well.

Lots of research to do. lol.

This week im probably just going to keep adding more coral. Taking a trip to the LFS tomorrow to see what he has.

I decided today that I am going to go with a 10G sump. Since the tank is setup as an AIO I'll have to go with an overflow. Best way to do it without taking the tank down and drilling or starting over.

Over the next 3 weeks I will be adding a little more rock to the tank and taking some out to put in the 3 Gallon tank.

Quick question. The macro that I have on the clip in the picture... will it grow fine like that? At least until my sump is setup?

few new shots:

Suggestions on the placement of this coral?

2010-09-03130917.jpg

The zoa's put out like 9 new heads in less than 2 months! I've noticed faster growth with the new bulbs.

2010-09-03130928.jpg

2010-09-03130936.jpg

2010-09-03131215.jpg

2010-09-03131230.jpg

2010-09-03131239.jpg

2010-09-03131247.jpg

2010-09-03131004.jpg

2010-09-03130955.jpg

2010-08-16122441.jpg

Wrases are very prone to jumping out of tanks by the smallest opening so a tight lid is a must with them.

Its a really nice fish! I was doing more research on it and apparently its a bit tough as far as eating habits and internal parasites. If I do decide to get it i'll have to be really careful.

I did find some nice fairy wrasses that would be a nice addition as well.

Lots of research to do. lol.

This week im probably just going to keep adding more coral. Taking a trip to the LFS tomorrow to see what he has.

• 1 month later...

Nothing yet =(

I've been going to my LFS the last few weeks to see what he's got for coral but nothing that new really. Just lots of mushrooms. I might place an order with Mr. Coral or something and get a bunch of new frags.

Archived