Pod Your Reef

Curry's 30 Long - Now with 45% moar Eel

Curry02

cool new corals. I like everything on your frag rck, so when is a good time to come by and pick them up. lol :P

Your duster looks huge, and looks bigger than mine

Thanks! Come by anytime ill put a few aside for ya. lol.

The white duster is way bigger than the other one. It was actually a mistake when I ordered, supposed to be a smaller one... free upgrade.. I ain't complaining!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah that is a good free upgrade, I know I would love it

do you sell any frags

Not yet.. but eventually when things grow out i probably will.

All my zoas are popping new heads every few days... The birdsnest is putting on 1/8 - 1/4 an inch per week. My mushrooms haven't split yet but they are getting huge. I just picked up a GSP today.I have a nice little spot to put it where it can't spread and take over.

I just discovered some encrusting sps on a zoa frag I got from my LFS and that is growing well too. lol.

Trying to keep my hands out of the tank now that everything is growing.

• 2 weeks later...
tundrashaul

tanks come a long way fast, amazing, that duster is awesome. new additions are great.

i see new substrate as well :happy:

tanks come a long way fast, amazing, that duster is awesome. new additions are great.

Thanks. Haven't had much time to really update. I was fighting red slime for a little. A week after I added more flow it started to recede and things are looking better.

My sun polyps are finally opening up fully. I'll be posting a pic of that soon. I moved the galaxea higher up and it seems much happier in the direct flow.

I see lots of growth on the birdsnest. It's starting to get its pink back. woot!

Thanks. Haven't had much time to really update. I was fighting red slime for a little. A week after I added more flow it started to recede and things are looking better.

My sun polyps are finally opening up fully. I'll be posting a pic of that soon. I moved the galaxea higher up and it seems much happier in the direct flow.

I see lots of growth on the birdsnest. It's starting to get its pink back. woot!

Can you post a pic of your LED's or where did you get them from?

The LED's came with the fixture. They are built-in.

They are the exact same royal blue color as CREE leds but just not as bright... its just moonlights.

The pics are showing my actinic + daylight or just actinic. Its much more purpleish in person. I'm changing up the bulbs soon.

Man I love YWGs.....

Yea he's cool. Originally I didn't wanna get him cause he was so tiny... a little less than an inch... but he's been eating and he stays perched out in the open.

What is this?

P3220621.jpg

He didn't give me the specific name of the anemone. It came with some live rock I bought the other day to re-scape the tank. Been trying to ID it. Its been in one spot and opens and closes normally.. eats every 2 to 3 days... I never got around to posting it in the ID forum.

• 4 weeks later...
dude how ya been? i finally got my tank switched. check the signature.

i think you did a good job on that rock wall

Been good man, busy with wedding plans... lol. What have you been up to?

Thanks! Checking out your tank now.

So I woke up this morning and I checked the tub that I have my fish in temporarily and my cinnamon clown finally decided to host the anemone.. lol.

Ok well I was debating over the last few days if I was going to turn my 30G into an AIO or go with the sump. I was over at my dads and I showed him some pics and he likes the idea of the AIO but wants a rockwall.

So he said to do that to my 30 and he'll swap me for his 55 with 20g sump and stand... Done deal I got to work right away. I didn't get to take any pics of the progress but heres shots of the pretty much finished products. AIO and Rockwall. I'm going to load it up with all my fish and coral until he's ready to swap.

I personally think it came out well. I'm no expert at this stuff and I think for a first try it came out pretty well. Its basically rock with great stuff foam, clear GE silicone, sand and epoxy. I need to fill the tank up and test it out before I put everything back in. All my coral and fish are sitting in a giant bin.

The last bit I need to do is make my media rack. My back has 3 chambers. media chamber, heater and return.

I know everyone just wants pics so here ya go. lol

P4270782.jpg

P4270784.jpg

P4270785.jpg

P4270790.jpg

P4270791.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Updates:

Tank is filled up with water and I'm getting ready to start the cycle. Everything has been slightly hazy, not sure why... I'm running filter floss but thats it and I'm running just two K1's right now. Any ideas? The salt im using is instant ocean reef crystals.. never had this issue before. Never had this issue with the sand either. In the pics the tank looks more hazy that it is now. It cleared up a bit.

I drilled the rock so I can easily put in frag plugs and not worry about them tipping over or falling.

P5030803.jpg

P5030802.jpg

P5020801.jpg

P5070806.jpg

P5070804.jpg

eddiecorrea

Looks cool. Slightly hazy but with a cycle thats usually normal. Give it a week or two. Also test your water to see if anything is amiss. Usually high levels of trites or trates will make it hazy.

Looks cool. Slightly hazy but with a cycle thats usually normal. Give it a week or two. Also test your water to see if anything is amiss. Usually high levels of trites or trates will make it hazy.

Thanks

I actually never started the cycle... I was waiting for the haze to clear but it hasn't. I am running carbon, purigen and filter floss to see if thats gonna help. I tested the water as it sits but no ammo, trites or trates showing up.

I may try starting the cycle to see if it help clear it up.

We have diatoms people!

I added some fully cured live rock from my LFS about 3 days ago... I had no ammonia spike but diatoms have started appearing today...

Archived