ReefCleaners.org

Nice, Hardy, Good Beginner Macro

Kittysnax

Basically what it says. Just curious as to which would be a perfect starter Macro (Besides Chaeto) to start with in the display.

I kinda wanted to go with a half planted/half coral tank. I dont really want something that is known for being "invasive". I say invasive in the sense that it would grow like a wildfire or require pruning every other day.

I just want to know what a good starter would be from personal experiences. ^_^

nice ideas. I really like the look of the Halimeda and Botrycladia. I was thinking of the Red Grac. but I wasnt sure if it would be okay or not heh.

The one algae I fell in love with came from this tank. It is the insane pink one. I actually like them all (or 2 i think), but cant ID them myself with my limited knowledge.

ALIFE-76-14-02.jpg

I also liked this one as well, but If it what I have found online, it is a neusiance(?) algae referred to as cotton candy. Once again I have no idea for sure.

flame2.jpg

Im guessin you can tell I really like the pinks, purples, and reds. But I KNOW i want some green in there as well. I kinda wanted maybe 2-3 macros in the main tank for diversity and whatnot so I wanted a mix of colors as long as I dont have to worry about them taking over the entire tank or overrunning my future corals.

thank you all for the suggestions so far!

edit: these are not my pix, so if they are your tanks or you know whose they are, please let me know and ill give credit where needed since i forgot whos they were. I THINK i found the pics from this site, so Im not sure.

whoever said halimeda grows slow no way! I have new ones sprout up ever day! I think its because the little leaflets felt into the sand in the beginning, and are just now starting to grow. Its pretty cool stuff.

The red algae in the first picture is likely Halymenia, a very attractive choice.

Thanks for the ID! Now alls I gotta do is search or wait till it warms up to find some! ^_^

heres some pics of mine, i might be able to send some of the ones in the sand, i just haven't shipped b4 and its rly cold right now so i would worry about them dying or getting stranded. also i have some chaeto but it would b tiny since mine seems to grow slow.

IMG_1204.jpgIMG_1206.jpgIMG_1207.jpg

Archived