SaltCritters.com

My 58 show off tank

franklypre

TheNordCelt
Thanks, I keep feeling like it needs something, some coral. But I guess that is probably just the addiction calling

Looks good. Approximately how much did you start feeding( pappone) and where are you at now?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
franklypre

I actually started with a larger amount than I use now. I use ziploc bags that are filled so they are thin sheet about 1/4 inch thick I use a 1/4 by 1/4 inch piece, sometimes more sometimes a little less. I do this 3 days on 2 days off.

TheNordCelt
I actually started with a larger amount than I use now. I use ziploc bags that are filled so they are thin sheet about 1/4 inch thick I use a 1/4 by 1/4 inch piece, sometimes more sometimes a little less. I do this 3 days on 2 days off.

Cool thanks.

That is full to the brim! Gonna need an upgrade to a larger tank soon. Once all those sticks start growing this is gonna look just incredible. Well done!

franklypre

Thank you and I really don't plan on upgrading for about a year or so, I will however start fragging some of these up in a few months. I want the look of the mature Italian tanks.

Gottcha! I too love the look of those tanks, a forest of nice SPS coral. Keep posting updates here so we can see how your tank is developing.

• 4 weeks later...

A few new acros a few less LPS, they are hard to keep with one of my buddies around. Most SPS are in there final places and probably not a lot more additions to make other than the occasional frag.

coral288.jpg

scubasteve2580
A few new acros a few less LPS, they are hard to keep with one of my buddies around. Most SPS are in there final places and probably not a lot more additions to make other than the occasional frag.

coral288.jpg

i like it. now if youll just keep your hands out of the tank!!! pphaaahahaa! kidding really. remember when that was one of the rules???? i get better growth when i have my hands (still nasty from work) in the tank than when i just let it be. ok i went to left feild. nice tank

I wish I could keep my hands out however the nudi's, which are still in the tank, seem to make that improbable for a while. I'm thinking about maybe using drywall dust as food, LOL. Thanks Steevo.

TheNordCelt

coral288.jpg

Haven't seen this one in a while, coming along really nicely.

I appreciate the compliment, I should have mentioned I took the wavemaker off and added a K3. So I have 2 K3s and a Rio 1400 in the sump, the flow is much easier to control.

• 3 weeks later...

Yea just think no acro in the entire system cost me more than 25 bucks. BlueZooAquatics is my secret, and Pappone.

A few more macro pics as requested sorry facebook is alot faster than photobucket

macro shots

It is faster due to facebook 50kb limit on photos, I'll gladly wait for the high quality photos of a photo site load before I'll look at facebook crap.

Archived