Pod Your Reef

My 58 show off tank

franklypre

westcoastreefer84

Could you please explain your previous, and current lighting system? Bulb, ballast, reflector? I am also interested in your method of maintaining the calcium and alkalinity in your system.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could you please explain your previous, and current lighting system? Bulb, ballast, reflector? I am also interested in your method of maintaining the calcium and alkalinity in your system.

I had an Odyssey 250w HQI with 2 96w PCs, I now have a 400w HQI, the whole new setup is Icecap the bulb is 20k. I use a two and a half part DIY mix that I dose with a Reefdoser 3.

Before you ask here is the link to the recipe

recipe

• 3 weeks later...

Alright changed the name made this my tank post, I'll keep it updated as long as I am not the only one posting. I have recently started a 40b frag tank, I used my old odyssea with a nice Icecap ballast I got on NR, thanks Conrad. I'll get some pics up tonight.

Nemo Niblets

Most arches look fake, but yours looks nice. Can't wait for the SPS to grow in.

Any dosing other than two-part? Anything else to help your SPS grow other than light and good parameters?

Most arches look fake, but yours looks nice. Can't wait for the SPS to grow in.

Any dosing other than two-part? Anything else to help your SPS grow other than light and good parameters?

I feed amino and pappone, I keep my params high, change water once or twice a month. Thanks

Alright I'm getting rid of most of the LPS to add more SPS,just seems like a better fit. I would like a TOTM eventually.

Looks great!

Thanks my wife really loves your tank, a buddy of mine has a 280 pool an I would love to use your idea. I gotta get a house first, my upstairs apartment might not work real well.

• 2 weeks later...

Another month or so a few new additions and a few LPS gone. Still using pappone, 3days on 1 day off, everything is responding well noticable growth on all coral. I'm gonna move a few acros around to there final spots. Here's the pic let me know what ya'll think. :slap::naughtydance:

coral202.jpg

Thanks, bout time to let it run. Gotta get my monti's back in the display and start working on getting the frags going. Nice to know I'm not just updating this for my own good. Maybe 3 or 4 more acro colonies?

Looks great! +1 to before and after pics! :)

Can we also get some closeup pictures? I wana see some of the acros better.

Yea I'l get some closeups of the acros whenever I move this next one to the middle and rearrange. I'm trying to do more sequential photos than before and after. But just to give you an idea there were no coral in this tank thanksgiving of 09, The tank has been running a while but has crashed a few times. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Here is a closer shot of the acros, these were all browned out colonies from bluezooaquatics.com

coral220.jpg

Looking really good!!!!!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
franklypre

It's been a month or so and I'm still on the Pappone bandwagon. I have noticed amazing sponge and tunicate growth, as well as improved color and good growth. I have added a few coral this past month and a few more will be added this month, if I can find room.

coral238.jpg

franklypre

The growth is steady but what you don't see are the sponges/tunicates, they are actually cementing my liverock into place. Pappone definately has it's place IMO, now to see results over time. Thanks for your comments, I wish I could get better pics but all I have is a cheap camera.

franklypre

Thanks, I keep feeling like it needs something, some coral. But I guess that is probably just the addiction calling

Archived