ReefCleaners.org

AJ_Tsin's Zeo 47g Shallow. NEW FTS

AJ_Tsin

Hey I think your tank is freaking sweet! I have built a 23 gallon AIO from scratch. I think I will be upgrading soon. I like those dimensions 30x30x12. Did you have it custom made, did you build it, did a company make it? Did you drill? Did it come drilled? Can you send me a couple pics of tank, front, back, sides, and overflow box, etc. Fuge.

Thanks nbavf, glad to hear you like it. I purchased the tank used from another reefer, they were using it as a frag tank as far as I know. So it came drilled etc. However it was made by Miracles Aquariums in Toronto who make custom aquariums with Starphire glass. Amazing quality and sleed design. So if I were to be upgrading or buying a new tank I'd get it from them.

There is a ton of info on this thread regarding the setup etc if you read through however here are some shots as requested of the workings.

IMG_1953.jpg

Sump Room

IMG_5533.jpg

Overflow

IMG_5528.jpg

Plumbing

Think Ill build a stand as well and run a fuge under the tank all in the stand and stuff like that. nit sure if i want to build another one, mine turned out fine and is going great but its more time than i want if i am going to build a stand for it too. So if you could help me out that would be great!!! Thanks! Great tank! Keep up the good work! Also what brand name equipment are u using. Like the pendant etc?

I have a ton of different brand names. MH Ballast is Ice Cap, I think pendant is Hamilton.

Skimmer is Vertex, Vortech MP10 powerhead etc. Throughout the thread there are unboxings and info on almost all of these aspects.

Hope this helps, any other questions let me know.

- A.

Damn i'm jealous of your fish/sump room. It would be so nice to have all that stuff plumbed somewhere else rather than under the tank. So awesome. Good stuff.

Yea it is pretty nice to have space, and the whole room is cool temperature-wise because its like a cellar which means I have a chiller in the summer built in.

It does however mean I sometimes disappear to the basement for far too long.

nbavf6

^ ^ ^ ^

That answer your questions?

Yes. I looked at their website and looks like i just need to call for a price. I appreciate the time u took and I will just start looking through this entire post for the minor details. I dont have a basement so probably have to come up with a custom stand to incorporate sump, ATO, and possibly a chiller. Not sure how warm the 250 would make things. But I love the shallow and the depth of the tank. Lot more character than a standard 40 breeder IMO. Well if you feel i should know anything else then let me know haha. Thanks again

Yes. I looked at their website and looks like i just need to call for a price. I appreciate the time u took and I will just start looking through this entire post for the minor details. I dont have a basement so probably have to come up with a custom stand to incorporate sump, ATO, and possibly a chiller. Not sure how warm the 250 would make things. But I love the shallow and the depth of the tank. Lot more character than a standard 40 breeder IMO. Well if you feel i should know anything else then let me know haha. Thanks again

Good to hear. I agree in general I like tanks that are not the same shape as the ones at pet stores in the mall etc. Although really anyone can make any tank look incredible. There are some amazing tanks on N-R that are stock, its all about what you put in them.

Thats all for now sounds like you are well on your way. Feel free to ask anything else whenever.

That goes for anyone.

- A.

So this week I am 90% sure I am going to order a GHL Prolifilux Stand Alone Doser.

Thoughts? Anyone have this with a nano? They look pretty sweet and way more reliable than the Aquamedic ones or any BRS dosers.

Secondly: Sometime between now and spring I am about 75% sure I will be ordering an ATI 8 Bulb fixture 24inch wide. This unit is fairly close to a square footprint so it will look nice and have good coverage above the tank. Thoughts on this? The 10 bulb is a bit more square but I think that 10 bulbs is too much for a shallow 47 gallon?

Almost all of my favorite SPS dominated reefs are lit by ATI's. I think its time to ditch the HALIDE. At least once winter is over.

Although really anyone can make any tank look incredible. There are some amazing tanks on N-R that are stock, its all about what you put in them.

Extremely well put. It's all about the dedication and work you put in to your tank.

So this week I am 90% sure I am going to order a GHL Prolifilux Stand Alone Doser.

Thoughts? Anyone have this with a nano? They look pretty sweet and way more reliable than the Aquamedic ones or any BRS dosers.

Secondly: Sometime between now and spring I am about 75% sure I will be ordering an ATI 8 Bulb fixture 24inch wide. This unit is fairly close to a square footprint so it will look nice and have good coverage above the tank. Thoughts on this? The 10 bulb is a bit more square but I think that 10 bulbs is too much for a shallow 47 gallon?

Almost all of my favorite SPS dominated reefs are lit by ATI's. I think its time to ditch the HALIDE. At least once winter is over.

Hey Mate,

I have a 30x30 sq with a GHL doser and an ATI PM dimmbar 8x24 unit. I can send you a few piccies if you want.

Hey Mate,

I have a 30x30 sq with a GHL doser and an ATI PM dimmbar 8x24 unit. I can send you a few piccies if you want.

That would be great. Where did you get the dimmable version?

phi delt reefer
That would be great. Where did you get the dimmable version?

AJ - I am in London, On and have my stuff shipped to a postal outlet in Michigan which is a 45 minute drive from my driveway. I think you said you were in Niagara Falls or St.Catharines? I believe there is an equivelent outlet in Buffalo.

Buy the unit from ReefGeek (free US shipping) - and have it shipped to the outlet. make the drive across with the family one weekend and do some shopping and go pick it up. Bring it back and declare the item - I say what it is but i always tell them its worth 20% of its actual value. If you have to pay tax, its usually just an honour system. Dont buy booze or smokes and they might just let you pass without paying :)

FYI - i just bought a 8x39 Sunpower - have to go pick it up next weekend in Michigan

Extremely well put. It's all about the dedication and work you put in to your tank.

Definitely.

Very nice display you have here! Keep up the great work. I have a 48x30x18 on order. Looking forward to going SPS with it.

Niice these shallow reefs are really becoming a trend here on N-R. Awesome. Thanks for the compliments. SPS is where it's at love the Colours and the look. However I love Zoas too its somewhat tough to keep em both happy but it's worth it.

One more question for ya A. When you stopped using GFO did you just stop all together or did you phase out when u went to vodka and your other mb7 or whatever it was called. Did you notice any blooms or anything? Just let me know what you noticed and know. Thanks

Nick

One more question for ya A. When you stopped using GFO did you just stop all together or did you phase out when u went to vodka and your other mb7 or whatever it was called. Did you notice any blooms or anything? Just let me know what you noticed and know. Thanks

Nick

I stopped it altogether. My system was still young at that point so I didn't notice any drastic changes. If I had a more mature system I would probably phase it out by lowering flow etc. You shouldn't really get a bloom from removing GFO unless you have a significant PO4 source eg bad water. It won't just appear.

HTH.

Just got a Zeo Filled Package in the mail:

Coral Xtra, Sponge Power, Coral Vital, and LPS Amino Acid.

Sweeeet.

Also I found a really good deal on an ATI fixture locally looks like I may be getting these lights sooner than later.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Nice!

Nice indeed. Can't wait to see what these products do for your tank Aj!

Thanks guys, by the way nice avatar Zer0! thanks for the cred in your sig. Looks good!

Zeo week three is completed. SPS Colors are starting to lighten up. Beginning today I am going to be dosing 2x Drops of Sponge Power every other day for week four, then week five I will add 1 ml of Pohl's Xtra on the opposite day.

I will continue this for 2-3 weeks before beginning another additive. This way I can track the effects a bit by isolating additives and adjusting accordingly.

- A.

Zeo week three is completed. SPS Colors are starting to lighten up. Beginning today I am going to be dosing 2x Drops of Sponge Power every other day for week four, then week five I will add 1 ml of Pohl's Xtra on the opposite day.

I will continue this for 2-3 weeks before beginning another additive. This way I can track the effects a bit by isolating additives and adjusting accordingly.

- A.

What exactly is that Sponge Power stuff for?

What exactly is that Sponge Power stuff for?

Well it supposedly helps to feed your Sponges, Clams etc. which in turn drastically helps to clean the water. It's supposed to also help with purple coral colours and tip growth. During the ZEOvit startup phases Sponge Power and Pohl's Xtra are typically the first suggested additives to get things going after the Basic Four.