Pod Your Reef

Official "What else can you get?" Thread

johnmaloney

:( maybe longer than that, i wont be able ti dive for at least 2 months,of

Oh I'm sorry to hear :(

I must have missed that post.

No problems, im keeping it pruned bck daily. It's when I have to leave the house for 4-5 days that it gets on my nerves :)

yeah i come across them from time to time neya usually in the summer or late spring

we go up and down the east coast of florida. what city are you heading out of? i saw some gulf coast this weekend, it was okay, i haven't headed out to sw fl though.....or the everglades. (yes sad I know). I did some tourist guided trips when I was younger but you know....and that was the homestead area.

i have seen a sign that said to watch out for crocs but i have never seen one. to be honest i was under the impression there were like 20 out there and they would be extinct soon...not the case huh? How regularly do you seem them in the bay? are they in the inlet mouths around the everglades? I always pictured that areas as being murky ...is that the case?

We went fishing down in an area of FL that had croc signs. I asked my father in law If he ever saw one. His reply "it's not the ones I see that I worry about!"

ok i will let you know. it will be a long time I think before I am able to dive again but i will let you know when i do

is everything ok? I hope your not seriously hurt dude

johnmaloney

i am, but i will recover. looks like it is going to be months before i dive again though...i also have a bad case of bandage hand at the moment, and my typo level is gone out of control. :) although this post was good. Hopefully by the end of the week I will be caught up on orders and such. We ruined a lot of people's schedules this week, and I dont have an accurate list of what went out and what didnt and it is a pretty big mess, have a few upset customers to say the least, but I think that by this afternoon we will be caught up.

Edited by johnmaloney
We went fishing down in an area of FL that had croc signs. I asked my father in law If he ever saw one. His reply "it's not the ones I see that I worry about!"

where about in fl?

where about in fl?

I actually have no clue. The in laws live up near jax, we drove for hours who knows in what direction (south definitely) into a salt marsh area to fish. One side of the jet was salt marsh and calm, the other was raging waves of ocean. So we fished the marsh where i saw the signs.

Luckily we didn't stay long.

On another note, get some rest John!

My mom was recently in the icu an while she felt Ok there the pain and exhaustion really hit after she left the hospital and downgraded her pain meds.

johnmaloney

Ii am not good at rest, but I am caught up now, all orders who were scheduled to ship this week have now gone out for sure, all emails and custom crews are answered and I have left ICU for the trauma recovery wing. Getting it done today. :)

So...if you are missing a reply from us, want confirmation that your order did ship and what day, and/or just want to chat about algae now that I am not all wonky, send me an email. I am still a bit wonky to be honest,but it is fine, I am running with it. :)

Man I'm so out of the loop...What the heck happened?? It sounds serious! Hope you get better soon John, take care.

I have left ICU for the trauma recovery wing. Getting it done today. :)
johnmaloney

Thank you! I busted a lung and some ribs and a spleen in a car accident, but I will survive. It is just a long heal, so it will be awhile before I go diving again.

Thank you! I busted a lung and some ribs and a spleen in a car accident, but I will survive. It is just a long heal, so it will be awhile before I go diving again.

####. best wishes buddy. lmk when to ship that algae. ( i can wait if you want me to )

Get well soon John, for you to be that banged up you're fortunate to be well enough to post on message boards! Certainly gives perspective to what is important.

I had a spontaneous pneumothorax a few years ago, and the spear (needle) they used for the chest tube was not cool. I just about cried like a little girl. :D

johnmaloney

ouch...spontaneous must be scary as hell. i cried like a girl when they showed me the tube, was fainted by the time they inserted lol...

message boards are helping me keep my sanity, day time TV is as bad as I remember it. :)

Yeah, I thought I was having a heart attack, walked around with it for a day or so, little did I know I had a massive collapsed lung. Finally went to the on campus clinic and freaked the intern out when he couldn't find my heartbeat. :D

johnmaloney

dude you walked with it for a day thinking it was a heart attack? are you crazy, or did you just not have insurance at the time? :)

Edited by johnmaloney
johnmaloney

haha, at least you can have fun with it. there are some people out there who dont accept it the way we do, I feel sorry for them. ;)

Yeah I have to; life's obstacles are inevitable, but the right frame of mind can make all of difference in overcoming and learning from them.

Heal up soon, so we can bug you about macro this and little creature that... :)