Pod Your Reef

LED Group Buy: Round Three

DaveFason

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you do another one am in

Thanks guys. I maybe setting another one up but you will see another post about this.

-Dave

Ok guys I will do one more GB on here. I will be making a new post today/tomorrow. We will have one week to get the orders in.

This will include XP-G R5, XR-E RB, XR-E Q5's.

Look out for a new post here soon :)

-Dave

Just as a heads up I ordered 12 XR-E RB's on this group buy. And another 12 XR-E RBs a few months ago from nanotuners. The ones I got on this group buy look exactly like the ones I already have but the color is almost teal instead of blue when they are lit. Ontop of that 4 of the LED's dont even work they just flicker on and off.

I also ordered 12 white ones but havent tried them yet.

Dave is there any way to return these things if they don't work?

Just as a heads up I ordered 12 XR-E RB's on this group buy. And another 12 XR-E RBs a few months ago from nanotuners. The ones I got on this group buy look exactly like the ones I already have but the color is almost teal instead of blue when they are lit. Ontop of that 4 of the LED's dont even work they just flicker on and off.

I also ordered 12 white ones but havent tried them yet.

Dave is there any way to return these things if they don't work?

I so far wired up 35 out of my 78 led's, and i'm 35 for 35 all working (20 blues and 15 whites). The blue is a nice rich blue. Not sure what happened to your LED's but hopefully you get it all resolved.

I'll be wiring the remaining this or next weekend when I have more time.

Those XP-G's are SUPER bright! I start seeing major sunspots after testing it. Measured the PAR and its almost twice what my Overdriven IceCap retro T5's are outputting at the same distance running at .95A

Thanks again Dave!

I looked at mine and the color is different, my other RBs look a little violet in comparison... Stars are different too. I'm not seeing teal in these, just blue. With a couple AAs they look great on my tank. Not sure I'm going to like the "PhotoShopped" look, but I'm $1000+ into this so I hope I do! I'll definately be mixing my two batches to blend the colors... I don't think it's too big of a deal.

Archived