SaltCritters.com

Nanomora?

Reefer_Buddha

RandomLetters said "Ok in the process of building one now and im a little confused you list the width of the inside peices to 2 2/8" and 2 1/8th inch but the skimmer is 3 3/8th inches wide. Are in inside peices not supposed to connect to both sides? in your pictures they look like they do."

I'm wondering about this myself :)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed that AquaC has a link for custom fabrication of skimmer sumps and it looks like tanks. Anyone investgate this..... I wonder what the rate would be. Maybe if we cordinated a few people of the board we can get them to make us some for a resonable price.

Could anyone that has built one of these successfully give me the measurements for the baffles' placement?

Another thing, the holes drilled into the body of it, are the measurements to the center of the holes to be drilled, example: the return hole, is it 5 1/2" from the top of the box to the center of the hole, or the top of the hole?

And the collection cup, the riser tube inside of it, how far up it goes into the cup?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

I am planning on converting my POS skilter into one of these. I am going to try the following:

1) Saw the U tube off just after the "u" part on one side.

2) Hook up the other side to my powehead output.

3) Put in the acrylic baffles

4) Put an acrylic lip on the spout leaving only one low point for the water to exit. Like this |||||____|||||

5) Take off the bottom of the "collection" tube and only use the top part of the tube.

6) Unplug the lame ph that came with the thing.

What do you guys think? Will it work?

Thanks,

Anne

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
tekknoschtev

Ok, I am relatively new to saltwater, and our 40 has been up and running fine. I am looking for a DIY HOB skimmer, and this came up from a link elsewhere, I was wondering if any modificatons would need to be made to the plans for this to be effective on our 40. Everyone I have read using it, has it set to run on a 10 or so gallon tank. Would I be wrong in assuming that even if I followed these directions exactly that it would still pull stuff out of the water?

CRAVIN CRITTERS

This is a miniature of a 150 dollar skimmer it will pull stuff out of your tank just not as much as a normakl one because its smaller if you search for an aqua c remora protien skimmer and use its demensions and pump for this one it will work awesomly.

P.S. the aqua c is the 150 dollar skimmer and this is just a miniature of it.

• 4 months later...

Has anyone used this inside the 2nd chamber on a Nanocube 24DX? If so can you provide some pics on placement and how it fit. I would like to get a small skimmer for my tank. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Am I the only one, or are all the pics not viewable anymore? I'd love to see the pics of this DIY. How about it Reefer_Buddha?

Thanks very much!

jane of baden
And AquaC sent back:

Hi Jon,

We are actually developing a smaller Remora for nano tanks in the 10-20 gallon range... This is something that would definitely fit a niche of the market that is currently untapped, and it is just a matter of finalizing the design and getting some time to release the product! I've talked to a few others associated with nanoreef.com and know that there is a desire out there - we intend to put something on the shelves by this spring.

Please let me know if you have any other questions/comments and I do appreciate your email!

-------------

Jason Kim

President

That's total bull. I talked to a representative at MACNA and they said they'd have it out in 3 mos. at the time. I preordered one. I called back about it lo, 3.5 mos. later. sometime in feb they said.... it's a MYTH!! I just have the "overkill" skimmer you're talking about- it's a beaut and does a fabulous job.

Am I the only one, or are all the pics not viewable anymore? I'd love to see the pics of this DIY. How about it Reefer_Buddha?

With the thread having been dead for well over a year and the fact that the software says that RB only has one post, I wouldn't expect a response.

With the thread having been dead for well over a year and the fact that the software says that RB only has one post, I wouldn't expect a response.

Thanks Mr Fosi. Since that's the case, has anybody built one of these? Does anybody have the dimensions and/or pics? I'm thinking this might be better than the skimmer I'm currently running...

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

yes, this thread has been buried for a year or two or three... Just wandered into and and wanted to mention that "here in the future" (ha ha!) AquaC is releasing a nano-remora which is basically a shortened Remora. Marine Depot will be selling them! Though I have to say that my regular Remora actually fits on my 10g tank.

V

PS. In the future, we have flying cars and hover-skateboards. Also, the Red Sox will win the World Series. Yes, it's a scary future! Wooo woooo woooo! ;)

I e-mailed AquaC two days ago and they told me that the first shipment of the nano-moras has been shipped and Marine Depot should have them up on their webpage soon, they are listed in their latest catalog but it states to check the website for more information.

I e-mailed AquaC two days ago and they told me that the first shipment of the nano-moras has been shipped and Marine Depot should have them up on their webpage soon, they are listed in their latest catalog but it states to check the website for more information.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
any pics? i am interested but im too broke to actually buy one.

From what I have heard on marinedepot forums they are only 2 inchs shorter than the standard remora and only $15 cheaper. Width is still the same. They have pics up at their forums.

Archived