Coral Vue Hydros

Nanomora?

Reefer_Buddha

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was asking reefer buddha but if someone else would like to do it I dont mind.

and i would like some kind of layout drawing of the skimmer, and how the venturi is made

Reefer_Buddha
its formed thru spray injection. The input on the right fires a stream of water downward and that makes tons of bubbles. The collection cup in the middle gets the foam and water exits out on the right side.

What kind of layout do you need? Pretty much everything on how it works and how it was made was posted. Or did you just look at the pretty pictures? :)

Ok so it just blasts the water onto that hole to make bubbles...it doesnt actually use a venturi thing....??

second. Does the size matter, or can i scale it down and expect the same results? I am trying to make it fit inside the rear sump on my custom 10 gal.

and your micro catcher...where exaclt does that go?

Reefer_Buddha

ya thats it , no venturi. I scaled it down and i get great results. The micro catcher goes in the outlet pipe in the tank.

Reefer_Buddha

i dont have a pic of it in action since its on the back of my tank i could try to snap a pic of it. The pipe is 4" in length goin from the collection cup to the bottom.

thought you guys might want to see this:

Hello AquaC,

I am writing this for what may seem as a less than significant cause. Nano-reefs. Nano-reefers. There are more of us out there than ever. We want skimmers. There are many out there. Many suck. The cprbakpak types...I have one...a USAquarium (denver company) model that uses a small rio pump to not only pump but mix air with water and put it into the HOB skimmer. It produces lame results...glad it was given to me as I would never pay for that lousy crap. CPR BakPaks are the same system...seem to work a little better...but not by much. Then there are the skilters, seaclones, etc. These things are total crap. Most end up with an airstone and air pump being added after the owner realizes these things are lame.

The AquaC remora, and remora Pro, and for that matter the urchin (pretty much the same thing) are perhaps the best skimmers for smaller tanks. They actually work! You guys must be selling alot. But they are too big for us nano keepers. Who would want to add on a remora to a 20gallon reef...or a 10gallon? I know it can, and has been done...but it's overkill...it ends up overskimming the poor reef. Recently at nano-reef.com we have been tinkering in the DIY forum. We have been making small injection skimmers like the remora. Think you might want to check it out...there is demand out there. Perhaps a remora mini?

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...&threadid=22469

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...&threadid=23465

With the trend of more people looking into nano reefs, you might want to consider just making a nanoremora yourselves. A remora for tanks less than 20gallons. I would buy one, thats for sure...and i think you would have many others in line as well. Just an idea.

Regards,

Jon

And AquaC sent back:

Hi Jon,

We are actually developing a smaller Remora for nano tanks in the 10-20 gallon range... This is something that would definitely fit a niche of the market that is currently untapped, and it is just a matter of finalizing the design and getting some time to release the product! I've talked to a few others associated with nanoreef.com and know that there is a desire out there - we intend to put something on the shelves by this spring.

Please let me know if you have any other questions/comments and I do appreciate your email!

-------------

Jason Kim

President

well, I wouldnt dare sell it if i were you...it would be obvious patent fraud if you did. Dont get me wrong, I love it, but that's because it's a proven design...someone elses design. Good minaturization of it though.

• 1 month later...

I sent an email to AquaC asking if they are planning on a nano skimmer and received an email back today from the president of the company. He said there is one in the works and the expected release was late summer to fall this year. So we shall see.

Archived