ReefCleaners.org

Degener8's BC29

Degener8

Thanks, I hope it actually comes some time.. (i'll be writing a full report about this experience later once its settles or i have given up. )

I have a HOB cheapie filter to put some chem pur and a filter pad in .. and a roughtly 200 gph power head and a heater all setup and ready for the new rock so it should be good and hopefully cycle quickly.

On a positive note also the plate coral seems to be making a miraculous come back. It has expanded well (not quite full yet) last night and during the day today. Its to early to tell if he will pull totally through this or not but I have my fingers crossed.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice. Keep a close eye on the heater too. Maybe it got stuck on for a bit. Cooked the tank a touch. Hard to say when you can't be around to observe eh? I had a heater stick on my but I was fortunate enough to catch it. I was like WTF? I touched the heater and it turned off. It hit the bottom of a trash can shortly after too lol. Don't give up either, just give it a little time. Your tank will find it's groove.

Temp in the tank never got above 78 that we have observed.

Anyway heres a new FTS.. dont mind the container it was strickly to sort out live and dead snails. and has since been removed. Happy to say that pretty much all the snails were living thenks CUC guy u rock.

post-50619-1266985967_thumb.jpg

Well i will only post a little on this subject here..

Since January 19th i have been in a constant struggle with a website justliverock.com

The complete write up is here including date line of events and brief explainations. If anyone wants copies of the emails contents let me know. To date I have no received the products promised and monday if they are not in route shipping wise with valid tracking number to me. I will begin proceedings to recover any money I am legally obligated to.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=218112

That is the feedback thread here I posted in.

Please everyone do yourselves a favor and do not buy from this company. I found the bad feedback after i placed my order .. Please do not make my mistake,

Please everyone PM me other forums you often Visit. I will go and paste the timeline for all to see I want it to be widely known how business is done by this company.

I wish not to slander anyone but just make my experience and information available.

PM me the sites please.

baby snail eggs???? I think we are about to over run with snails, either that or our snails were very constipaited.

snaileggs.jpg

eggs.jpg

Snails hard at work!!

snails.jpg

our plate coral after his recovery..

coral.jpg

More FTS coming soon.

For all of you expecting sharks in my tank due to signiture

here it is.... (ok Im not the best artist)

SHARK IN 29G BC!!!

SHARK.jpg

you live in altus.. you can go to natures half acre and get lr. think 10/lb but you can talk em down

seems like bioload is too high without enough lr to keep in on track..

maybe should wait on anymore livestock until your cycle is complete

baby snail eggs???? I think we are about to over run with snails, either that or our snails were very constipaited.

snaileggs.jpg

eggs.jpg

What do your "snail eggs" look like? I've noticed some things in my tank...white specs in a clear mucous substance...that are attached to a rock...so thin i couldn't get a good pic...does that sound like what you were seeing?

For all of you expecting sharks in my tank due to signiture

here it is.... (ok Im not the best artist)

SHARK IN 29G BC!!!

SHARK.jpg

LOL!!! That's awesome :) I came here looking for the shark too.

What do your "snail eggs" look like? I've noticed some things in my tank...white specs in a clear mucous substance...that are attached to a rock...so thin i couldn't get a good pic...does that sound like what you were seeing?

Yeah that Pretty much discribes what might be snail eggs.

What we have observed is a solitary clean snail.. slowly moving (like there is another way as a snail) and excreeting a clear mucus with white sandlike pebbles in it.

odd thing is that the snail is totally clean when inspected.

our plate coral after his recovery..

coral.jpg

More FTS coming soon.

Plate <3

LOL!! :P:P Diving with sharks is something that both of us aspire to do someday. Gotta love those mysterious preditors of the ocean

Predator

:angry:

predator-1.jpg

Tank is going along swimmingly. We are planning to place two clowns in the tank tonight if we find just the right ones. Then our tank will be in grow mode until funds are better.

Just a question are those are red bubbles i see at the base of your toad, and if so remove the toad and get rid of the rock immediately those things are impossible to get rid of

Welcome back to the hobby. Tank is looking great. I just came back after a 7 year layoff, so you and I are in the same boat. It's terribly addicting.

I am right there with you guys!! I just set my Biocube 29 back up after a few years. It is definately addicting!! Thank looks good buddy!

Just a question are those are red bubbles i see at the base of your toad, and if so remove the toad and get rid of the rock immediately those things are impossible to get rid of

The bubbles you speak of are a red plant not cyano or anything like that. They are not doing to well in my tank tho but there is a new sponge forming on the plug the toad is on as well.. nice yellow one so something is going right.

The bubbles you speak of are a red plant not cyano or anything like that. They are not doing to well in my tank tho but there is a new sponge forming on the plug the toad is on as well.. nice yellow one so something is going right.

HAHA quoting myself..

anyways I am not so sure its a macro any more after a few pics and closer looking.. last few days we got more bubbles but no stems..

ok so here is the question. Since i have not fragged anything really and this is my display coral I want to be sure that this basic task is done correctly.

Here is the coral..

eggs.jpg

so I want to take if off the frag plug for a couple reasons.

1) i dont really care for the frag plug look in my display

2) it has some red bubbles I initially thought were Macro but now are looking not so good (no stems between bubbles) (frag came shipped with the bubbles on the plug)

so the question is:

When i take the razorblade and cut the stem of the mushroom from the frag plug. Can i attach that cut side to the rockwork and will it attach fine like that, or do i need to attach a side of the stem to the rockwork?

I would think the stem would heal onto the rock the same but just want to be sure.

same question posted in aquaculture section also just looking for all opinions on this so posted here as well

I dunno how to remove it, but I would steal that toadstool in a heartbeat! LOL! I LOVE the yellow! ^________^

plus Im kinda curious as to how to correctly do this since I have a tiny GSP plug Id like to stick on a rock. :lol:

Nemo Niblets

Razor it off. If it is in contact with a rock for a while, it will attach. You will just need to think up a away to keep it secure until it attaches by itself.

Archived