dmarkham

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have added a couple of new corals.

Bright Green shroom

Blue Texas Trash Palys

Purple Green Zoas

The Palys and Zoas are not all the way open yet. Here is a pic of the new shroom..

Have added a couple of new corals.

Bright Green shroom

Blue Texas Trash Palys

Purple Green Zoas

The Palys and Zoas are not all the way open yet. Here is a pic of the new shroom..

I Like the color on that bright green Shroom :)

Here is a pic of the Red Zoas and the Brown Rics as they are get use to the tank....

I Like the color on that bright green Shroom :)

Thanks

Got the stuff to cover the glass door on the stand. Also will post a step by step on covering the door to hide the contents in the stand and a cheap way to cleean up the wires.

If I have time tonight I will pick up the stuff to do the moon lights.

I am also looking for a fan.

Well as promised I did mod the glass door on the stand. It was very easy and pretty cheap to do.

Total cost was under $25 at Home Depot.

These are the steps It took I am attaching pics also.

1. Remove the glass by removing the screws and clips on the back of door. You can also loosen the screws and move the clips out of the way.

2. Clean the glass and place it on a towel.

3. Mix water and a few drops of dish soap in a spray bottle and spray down the galss.

4. Remove the backing from the film and place on to the wet glass.

5. Work out the air bubbles.

6. Then cut the film to match the edges of the glass. I used the edge of the glass as the straight edge.

7. Install the glass back into the door.

Total time was around 20 minutes.

Also please excuse my puppy he wanted in on the pics.

Next I did my Moon Lights mod. This was also an easy mod. I chose to go with two of the Marina Blue Micro LEDS and a Marina Micro LED Light Connector. The total cost for this mod was around $40. I found this LED system at a LFS.

1. Test fit the lights to the back wall of the tank.

2. Super Glued the light in the location that Iiked. One thing to remember glue the suction cup on the light. This will make it easier to remove if needed in the future.

3. Plug the light in

My lights are behind the Disco Ball and are hidden for the most part. The lights are able to be fully submersible as well. This is a nice safety factor.

Here are the pics.

Got some rics today. Three heads and can not wait till they open all the way. I am also getting some more on Saturday on a trade from my local reef club. The tank will also be month old this weekend. Will post some pics after the new corals are placed in the tank.

Here are two pics of the Rics that I got today....................

Hey, what stores do you go to around DFW? And where did you get the rics? :D

If you've ever been to reefpets... i'm the kid that helps out there.

I got the Rics at Petaroma in Mansfield. I was shocked they had them. I also go to Franks Tanks in Fort Worth, Mid Cities Aquariums in Euless, and True Percula in Arlington.

Where is Reefpets?

I am also getting some more from another DFWMAS member on Saturday in a trade. You have some nice Rics as well. I like the blue ones.

I got the Rics at Petaroma in Mansfield. I was shocked they had them. I also go to Franks Tanks in Fort Worth, Mid Cities Aquariums in Euless, and True Percula in Arlington.

Where is Reefpets?

I am also getting some more from another DFWMAS member on Saturday in a trade. You have some nice Rics as well. I like the blue ones.

Reefpets is in Dallas, check the dfw board, he's a sponsor there. He has incredible prices. He's e-bay based so he gives steals at his shop. Are you going to Next Wave?

I will look up Reefpets.

I wanted to go to the Next Wave but I do not have the time this weekend. I went last year and it was great.

How long have you been at ReefPets?

Well the trade fell through so I sold the old tank. I picked up a couple of new corals. I have attached a few pics.

New adds

Green Birds Nest

Orange Digi

Pink Zoas

Orange Zoas

Had a issue with the Orange Digi. I placed the bag on the floor and my son was not watching and stepped on the bag. About three small tips on the coral broke off. The coral is in the tank and looks to be coming out of it. The good thing is that I saved the three frags and they are placed in the tank. They look like they are going to make it as well.

Enjoy the pics and if you know the name of the Zoas please do tell.

The tank is also at the one month mark. Here is a current FTS

Updates one of the Yellow Tails is MIA. Some of the corals are starting to spread and poping up in other areas. I am also starting to see the a few small coralline on the back wall.

TriggerHappyDude

Wow, nice coral, where do you get all this coral, are you spending tons of money or just getting stuff from local reefers for free? I want my tank to look like this!

Wow, nice coral, where do you get all this coral, are you spending tons of money or just getting stuff from local reefers for free? I want my tank to look like this!

Thanks. Some are from an old tank I had. Some of the new ones are from a local reef club where members sell them pretty cheap. Some from LFS that had a sale. I have not spent over $45 for anything so far. Most of them are below $15.

Update... Had to move some of the corals around due to some stinging. I like the new look better and will post some new pics in a day or two. The fish that was MIA has returned from the rocks.

Had one of the frags fall and get blown behind the rock work. So after 3 hours of tearing everything apart to get the frag out I have a new look to the rock work. I think it is a way better look then the old look. I have added a Pink Birdsnest to the tank and will post new pics tonight or this weekend based on my free time.

Oh and also the same frag got blown behind the rock work again. This time it is a suicide victim. I am not saving it again. Thank goodness I had two of that frag ( Texas Blue Trash Palys )

Here is the new FTS. As things open up more I will post more pics. Everyone let me know what you think and what should be the next coral to get.

love love your tank. funny same thing happened to me, i got a free acan this weekend and a crab knocked it behind the rocks in the back in a crevass, i had my girlfriend reach for it while i held the big rocks up. did i mention my tank is infested with bristle worms (she is brave like that). keep up the pictures.

Had one of the frags fall and get blown behind the rock work. So after 3 hours of tearing everything apart to get the frag out I have a new look to the rock work. I think it is a way better look then the old look. I have added a Pink Birdsnest to the tank and will post new pics tonight or this weekend based on my free time.

Oh and also the same frag got blown behind the rock work again. This time it is a suicide victim. I am not saving it again. Thank goodness I had two of that frag ( Texas Blue Trash Palys )

love love your tank. funny same thing happened to me, i got a free acan this weekend and a crab knocked it behind the rocks in the back in a crevass, i had my girlfriend reach for it while i held the big rocks up. did i mention my tank is infested with bristle worms (she is brave like that). keep up the pictures.

Thanks. I have several worms in my tank also. They are a great part of the clean up crew. Just have to watch out for the bristles. LOL

Archived