ReefCleaners.org

Billdemart's Inhuman Creation Station (20 High)

Billdemart

Bummer....

But look at it this way, now you can get the bulbs up front that you would have bought 2 months from now to replace the ones that came with it anyways....

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have had to buy a timer, moonlights, and 60 dollar legs too.

I decided to just return the Tek light and get the original hood. It will be here by the end of next week. I'll replace the bulbs down the line when necessary.

I would have had to buy a timer, moonlights, and 60 dollar legs too.

I decided to just return the Tek light and get the original hood. It will be here by the end of next week. I'll replace the bulbs down the line when necessary.

Sorry.......just trying to make lemonade. B)

Did the reactor arrive yet?

It's supposed to arrive the 24th. Can't wait.

Sorry.......just trying to make lemonade. B)

I know thanks ;)

____

Well I was real worried about the tank while we were gone for four days. No lights and no topoff but everything looks great. I can't believe it really.

All my algae is gone except corraline which seems to have loved the no light because it is rocking.

Red slime is gone, diatoms are gone, hair gone.

I need to try that more often.

Wasn't much evap but there was some. I'm topping off right now.

Had a TON of little white snails all over the glass. At least 30 or 40 of them, when I turned the lights on. All the corals were fully closed except the GSP which is back to it's happy self now. It's growing like crazy. I guess in 1 or 2 weeks it will have completely taken over the rock it's on.

CUC, T5 Lights, and Reactor all arrive this week. Really can't wait.

It's supposed to arrive the 24th. Can't wait.

That's when my lights and DI arrive! Haha.

As for the light outs, I do them on my 24G everytime I have algae I can't get rid of. Works very nicely.

As for the light outs, I do them on my 24G everytime I have algae I can't get rid of. Works very nicely.

Nice. I need to get a DI too.

Yeah I can't believe how well the light outs did on the algae.

Need to do a water change today. Haven't prepped any water though.

I am amazed at the amount of life in the tank. I have been sitting there staring at it for like 20 minutes. There are little yellowish looking worms (I hope they aren't flatworms), little clear, translucent things (pods?) that look like termites, a million tiny snails on the substrate and glass, some kind of little bug with two HUGE antennae that just chills behind my GSP rock always, things that look like fleas, etc. etc. etc.

Can't wait for my new stuff, but now I'm wondering if I'm going to have to get a new pump to run the BRS Reactor. Was going to use my Rio 400.

Not looking forward to rescaping but I have to do it. It looks cool now but it's not stable and it's not practical. It's going to be a PITA....

OClownsandNanos

Good to know -- nice tip -- you two! We need a new FTS Billdemart after you change your rockwork! :)

Good to know -- nice tip -- you two! We need a new FTS Billdemart after you change your rockwork! :)

Will do. I'm going to get some longer Aqua Gloves before I do that though and the LFS isn't open till tomorrow. I have a bucket of change water mixing/warming right now that I think I might throw the LR in as I'm rescaping if needed. I'll do it tomorrow. Not looking forward to it though.

It was not fun. And it looks like crap :(

Well my wife says it looks good but I hate it. Oh well, I'm not redoing it again. I did it for an hour and tried 20 different ways and finally had to settle on this...

My corals are all pissed off. The GSP won't even come back out.

Good news though I GOT A FISH!!!

I decided to get a very small 6 line wrasse. I love Wrasses, used to have a massive lunar wrasse in my 55 gallon tank and loved him. I probably should have started with the YWG and the Pistol but I have seen more and more flatworms every day (I'm pretty sure they are) and I was hoping this guy would help get rid of them.

This little guy is awesome. Wish I had a better camera. I also picked up a Ric frag. I'll post pics in a bit.

290-1.jpg

289.jpg

287.jpg

286.jpg

285.jpg

284.jpg

283-1.jpg

281.jpg

280-1.jpg

278.jpg

269.jpg

271.jpg

RIC! - I can't wait to fill my tank with these. They are so awesome. They had a ton of little frags like this at the LFS but they were 20 bucks a piece.

275.jpg

:angry:

I think this scape is better than the previous one.

It looks like the rock shapes you have would be kinda hard to work with.

Once it's filled with corals I don't think it will be as bad.

Oh the 6 Line's name is IRON MAN, btw. Dubbed by my 4 year old.

Fed the tank this morning for the first time, some Rod's food.

Iron Man ate 2 or 3 pieces and then kind of left the rest alone. I thought while I was feeding him (and had so much left over), I'd try and feed some of the corals as well. One of the pieces landed on one of my green polyps and it slowly closed like a venus fly trap. Pretty freaking cool. It's either eating it or really pissed off.

Iron man has been eating stuff off the rocks and sand since I got him so maybe he just isn't that hungry. When I put the baster full of food in the tank he definitely perked up though.

Cool.

What kind of pump are you going to use with that reactor?

Are you going to put the pump in your fuge?

2 Good questions. I have a Rio 400. I'll try it. If it doesn't work I guess I'm open to suggestions on what else to buy.

Yes I will put it in the fuge.

fill the reactors up with water. don't worry about the media for now. hook up the 400 and put it in a bucket. try to simulate the altitude change the fluid will experience going from pump to reactor to tank with the lines. turn it on and see if it can handle the head space and back pressure from the reactors. it doesn't need to be old faithful coming out of there....

fyi, there will probably be a little extra resistance in the reactors with media in there....just to keep in mind.

Archived