Pod Your Reef

MikeTR's IDFC 10g AGA

MikeTR

I'm glad I had it running. A lot of these corals came from my biocube to heal after I fried them with LEDs. Also, I ended up buying a tank off a friend (moreso as a favor) when he lost his job and needed the money...sold all the equipment off for what I paid him for the whole setup so essentially got a bunch of free rock and coral. Karma does work :). The big rock of GSP and gorilla nipple zoas, tubs blues and some other stuff were all the payoffs.. This is when it really started to take off.

He went back to the LFS.. and I did actually look up the stocking list on here and the cherub was listed under the 10g..

Cherubs are fine for a 10g as long as you have enough algae and rock for them. Why did you take it back? Was it nipping at your corals?

The first one died.. internal parasite. was eating fine twice a day on a variety of foods for about a month, then just stopped.. the second one started tearin into my dottyback.. now i wish i'd have kept him as he was the more active swimmer. i hardly see the dottyback.

• 1 month later...

Someone.. I won't name who.. cuz it's all her fault my tank looks torn up. ;) I have some maxi minis on the way.. out with the brown palys.. in with some color!! Thanks Lalani.. if she lets me use the pics she sent I'll post what I got.

I'll be making a run to the LFS tomorrow to pick up some more cured rock, just without any coral attached. What do the maxi mini nems prefer? Crevices or flat areas?

Hey waitaminute! You can't blame ME for this. :P

And ya, feel free to use the pics.

Maxis really aren't picky about what they attach too. A lot of mine have burrowed through the sand and are more than happy to attach to glass. Any kind of rock will suffice.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived