SaltCritters.com

Baby Angelynn's 1st Pico Tank

Angelynn

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the heatsink in progress. i did mess up two times but i manage to cover up my mistake. i also finish drilling and hamming that broke bit out here is the before picture. i will post up the after picture later on.

IMG_3570-1.jpg

Looking real good for your first tank...Keep it up & keep us posted!

that's because everyone on NR is helping me out and leading me into the right direction planning and discussion, diy projects, and patience is the key to success. I would like to thank HumblePie and Plantarms for your advice and tips for helping starting out my first tank for my little baby. Thanks you all and I will definitely keep you all posted

Interesting stand setup. Still think this is an amazing setup, especially for a first tank. I would like it more, personally, if you did paint the screen top and maybe used vinyl to cover the rear chamber.

that's because everyone on NR is helping me out and leading me into the right direction planning and discussion, diy projects, and patience is the key to success. I would like to thank HumblePie and Plantarms for your advice and tips for helping starting out my first tank for my little baby. Thanks you all and I will definitely keep you all posted

:blush:

looks great! this looks amazing especially for your first tank! man my first one wasn't all so hot

Interesting stand setup. Still think this is an amazing setup, especially for a first tank. I would like it more, personally, if you did paint the screen top and maybe used vinyl to cover the rear chamber.

I'm thinking about painting the cover fushion black too! I'm not so sure if about saltwater corrosion of the white cover mesh so I am pretty sure I will paint soon!

Also where can I purchase black vinyl to cover the rear chamber?

Local sign shop should have some. Should be about $5.00 a foot retail. If they try to rip you off let me know, I have a ton of it here.

What he said. Any place that makes vinyl lettering / stickers for whatever reasons will have large amounts of it.

Can i solder the LED without Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound? or do i got to use that for the LED and the heatsink? I have everything screw down and ready to go. all i need is some right judgment suggestion.

Here is what it look like right now:

IMG_3574.jpg

will this paint be sufficient for the mesh cover?

IMG_3576.jpg

i need to order my fans and power adapter now

Your lights are lookin pretty slick. Idont know a lot about the whole soldering stuff but I think if you have them mounted with screws your ready to solder.

And that's the right paint to use

You seem to be moving along lovin all the updates keep them coming.

Mr. Microscope

Again, I love this AIO tank! it's an awesome design. Nice LEDs too. I can't wait for mine to arrive. They're coming in the mail in two to three weeks. Is this your first SW tank?

you are moving right along with this. i have this same light that i am getting ready to do away with. i might try this. that is the right paint. try to give the white frame alittle sanding first to help it stick better. this tank and stand setup looks killer.

will this paint be sufficient for the mesh cover?

IMG_3576.jpg

For a long lasting permanent finish make sure you carefully follow the directions, especially about time frames for second and third coats and leaving it alone for 7 days to get fully chip resistant.

Tanks coming along rather nicely. Can't wait to see it filled.

you definitely are going to want to apply a thin thin coat of arctic silver 5 thermal compound to the back of each LED then screw them down and go ahead and solder everything together.

everything is looking great! great idea for a way to mount the heatsink to the fixture!

you definitely are going to want to apply a thin thin coat of arctic silver 5 thermal compound to the back of each LED then screw them down and go ahead and solder everything together.

everything is looking great! great idea for a way to mount the heatsink to the fixture!

sighh.. :( Can't go out today because it is snowing and most of the store is closed but Do they have it at Radio Shack?

i got a call today that my boss called me and said no work today so i got the whole day to wire and solder but i can't do it because i need arctic silver 5 thermal compound. :(

Good news Peeps! My little brother is coming down from a 5 hour drive but making a stop at my place tonight and he happen to bring for me his: Soldering Gun, Artic Thermal compound paste, Drill bit, Power Drill, and wires for me. He is gonna help me solder my Leds! I can't wait til he get here at my place to visit baby Angelynn and help me finish the project soon. :)

Again, I love this AIO tank! it's an awesome design. Nice LEDs too. I can't wait for mine to arrive. They're coming in the mail in two to three weeks. Is this your first SW tank?

Thanks! Yes this will be my first SW tank!

alright guys/ girls, this was the pita to drill 4 holes but manage to got it done. i even learn how to install my moonlight and practice soldering the wire to the head outlet. im not to fond with the 4 outlet but hey, its on the back side at lease it is not eye sore to the eye.

got that done and hopefully i'll get some leds done soon.

IMG_3882.jpg

IMG_3883.jpg

nice! did you add in a resistor on the wire for the moonlight?

:) i got the idea from you about mounting 4 pot holes for the outlet. Yes! if you look closely at the red wire near the led you can see the resistor on the wire for the moonlight. This was one of my practice soldering and i think i got it good. thanks

good i'm glad it worked! yeah i thought i saw was in there, just wanted to make sure you didn't fry the moonlight when it kicked on. those tabs on the panel mounts can be hard to get to once all the wires start filling it up, also i roughed up the surface with steel wool to get the solder to stick better

Archived