inTank Media Baskets

Baby Angelynn's 1st Pico Tank

Angelynn

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr. Microscope
Hello everyone! This is all new for me but with a lot of help from everyone here on NR. I have decided to get into saltwater to soak my feet and give it a try.

Please, don't put your feet into the aquarium. Hee hee :)

Congratulations on your new baby!!!

Please, don't put your feet into the aquarium. Hee hee :)

I thought that's what cleaner shrimp were for... plus it tickles!!

Angelynn, everything is looking really good and really clean. Now you just gotta dirty it up a bit!! :P

Also i just finish drilling a piece of acrylic that will be custom fitted to one of the back chamber to create a place to hold chaetos. i will get that picture up soon! stay tune!

if only it held cheetos lol :P AWESOME TANK!

+1 That would be so cool if it did! haha. Nice fixture, where did you find it at. That is one rare fixture you got now! They don't sell that anywhere anymore. so hard to find! Congrats on your new baby!

you have the cleanest looking tank build i have ever seen so far! it's looking great, i can't wait to see it all put together, how are the plans for the light coming?

you have the cleanest looking tank build i have ever seen so far! it's looking great, i can't wait to see it all put together, how are the plans for the light coming?

So far, i almost got everything gather up. Good news my heatsink came in today and boy it's pretty heavy. Now all i need to find is a good power source to power up 8 leds and 2 buckpucks. :) i don't like it bulky but something easy for me to keep it small and clean.

So far, i almost got everything gather up. Good news my heatsink came in today and boy it's pretty heavy. Now all i need to find is a good power source to power up 8 leds and 2 buckpucks. :) i don't like it bulky but something easy for me to keep it small and clean.

you should drill the back and mount dc panel jacks and use laptop power supplies

you should drill the back and mount dc panel jacks and use laptop power supplies

do you have a visual or info on where i can find one? it sound like what i am looking for plus can i uses the extra holes to run my wires through there? thanks in advances!

sweet cant wait to see them lit up. my 2 cents i dont know how much time youve spent soldering but it really helped me to practice on scap wire, take your time. tanks lookin great.

Congrats on the baby!

I joined NR and got re-started in the hobby when my last child was just a couple of months old.

Having a tank provided a great diversion from some of the more frustrating moments of having an infant, sorta like having my own little Zen Garden to gaze in. :)

sweet cant wait to see them lit up. my 2 cents i dont know how much time youve spent soldering but it really helped me to practice on scap wire, take your time. tanks lookin great.

definitely will take some time practicing on soldering. thanks

dc panel mounts size n (2.5mm inner)

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.js...oductId=2102489

power supplies, these are good and will fit the above mounts

http://www.pchub.com/uph/laptop/46-30084-5...PA-1600-06.html

i went to the shack today but i forgot to ask you how many i will need but i just pick up 2 for now. is each holes is for each separated power supplies?

Sleek setup.. now put some water in it!!!

thanks lalani! i will put water in someday

Congrats on the baby!

I joined NR and got re-started in the hobby when my last child was just a couple of months old.

Having a tank provided a great diversion from some of the more frustrating moments of having an infant, sorta like having my own little Zen Garden to gaze in. :)

thanks and yes the baby is looking healthy and that is very great news! this tank is for my little one

As promise! Here are the Leds and buck pucks

IMG_3862.jpg

Sweet! Can't wait to see these LEDs Light up! Did your heatsink ever come in?

You got one of the cleanest and sleekest pico tank i've seen on here. Keep it coming!

yeah 2 mounts is the right number

Why do you have 4 mounts? i am guessing 2 is for the buckpucks leds, and 1 for moonlight but what about the last one?

Angelynn,

Awesome build! I hope the PMs I sent were useful. Since we have the same tank please let me know if you have any questions I might be able to help with and I would be happy to take more pictures, etc.

Here's a couple quick notes. With 4 blues and 4 whites I'd recommend two 12V DC power supplies so you can effectively run both sets without overrunning one power supply. As such you will need to 2x 2.5mm (size N) connectors. This also allows you to set timers to effectively alter the time of day.

I would also recommend that you do not use one of your 3W LEDs as a moonlight. The 3W, even dialed down, puts out a LOT of light. A 1W (or less) LED would be just fine since the tank is so small. In fact, the one that comes with the Sunpaq appears to even be a bit bright so I'll have to put some blue plastic over it to cut that down a bit as well.

I love the screen you made. I haven't gotten around to making mine... Soon, though... :)

As ReefDreamz points out the Hydor can blow the sand around a bit. In my tank it's not too bad since I use the black CarribSea sand and it is a bit bigger. For the first day it swirled around a bit till the lighter sand landed in teh lower flow areas or was picked up by the filter cartridge. You could also strategically place a couple larger stones in the main flow by the corner of the tank. This will help keep the sand from blowing around and break the flow around that area...it would jest be a bit harder to clean around.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I am happy to help where I can.

Congrats. My son was born on Jan 8th too. What a great way to start 2010!!!!

Get ready for those sleepless nights...

Cheers

Just wanted to say congrats to all the new babies, I became a proud new father on January 15, little baby girl 6lb 6oz, Cydnee-Ann Marie Presson.

Looks like it is going to be a great tank

Archived