cdelicath

Baby Abby's pico ~Week 4~

Growerguy

Hope she enjoys her tank!

Very slick design, Im digging it!

cdelicath

Thanks guys

Ran out of time tonight adding base rock and water tomorrow.

Edited by cdelicath

badfish816

looks killer

Angelynn

i like your tank and plus it's for your little one. i will be following along. i also making one for my little angel too! :) good luck!

cdelicath
i like your tank and plus it's for your little one. i will be following along. i also making one for my little angel too! :) good luck!

Congrats on the little one!!

Seems like just yesterday we were at the hospital waiting for our little Abby.

Love your tank, very clean looking build. I will be keeping a eye on yours as-well.

cdelicath

Ok I got the light done and added seed rock and water to the tank.

I still need to add moonlights to the light at some point. I also decided to just make a mount for it in case we decide to move the tank to another location.

4334111524_a1105e49a0.jpg

4334111502_4b7ffb9bfd.jpg

4334111474_2418ec3d38.jpg

4333368171_f7d59cbdca.jpg

4334111432_09a7da9688.jpg

4333368095_86c4b14785.jpg

4334111348_57f9ab02c6.jpg

4334111238_ffaf1c35b5.jpg

4334111168_afbd982d36.jpg

4334110986_c88df0fc29.jpg

Edited by cdelicath

c_k_kuehne

Very clean looking setup B)

cdelicath

Week one of the cycle is complete.

4344588171_3c2b245630.jpg

No diatom's yet and no spike.

I really need to get the lid made for this thing. I am topping off 2 times a day.

I would like to ATO it but I'm not sure how I would safely store a reservoir.

I need some type of sealed container to sit on the floor.

Other then that the tank is running great and the lights too. I still have adding moonlighting and quieting the fan down on my list of TO DO's.

Can't wait to add a fish and coral to this thing. Abby loves my clowns in the other tank but I have no idea what to put in this one. :unsure:

Edited by cdelicath

Angelynn

Awesome Build there friend! :) Congrats that you have a tank for your little one! i also made one for my new born too!

i love how it is simple and clean right now, can't wait to see what you will do next on.

nelsonpharmd

What are you running there in terms of LED's? Looks like you might have two rows of 5, alternating with royal blue and white.......

cdelicath

2 blues 3 whites.

My whites put off 160lm each and my blues are 60lm each.

Edited by cdelicath

Guest TheBlueLorax

Dude thts such a sweet tank can't wait till i to get my new tank ;)omgomgomg hav u decided what ur goin 2 stock it with? :happydance:

Weetabix7

Wow, VERY sleek looking.

cdelicath
Dude thts such a sweet tank can't wait till i to get my new tank ;)omgomgomg hav u decided what ur goin 2 stock it with? :happydance:

Not yet. I was thinking I wanted to go simple and do a zoanthid garden but I may throw in some cool acans and chalice pieces now because they are available to me locally cheap.

I need some ideas for a fish

Edited by cdelicath

Guest TheBlueLorax

possum wrasse :scarry: cost an arm and a leg but worth it IMO, B)

cdelicath

Pretty cool looking. wonder how it would do in a 4 gallon display though?

ajmckay

A yellowtail blue damsel would be cool. Bright and durable.

This is really looking like a cool tank. I've got 7 weeks to finish up my 40b before my daughter is born.

I think I've already figured out what she's getting for her first b-day... Hahaha!

Do you have any details on the LED build (like a separate thread)? Looks cleeeeeeean btw.

Edited by ajmckay

cdelicath
A yellowtail blue damsel would be cool. Bright and durable.

This is really looking like a cool tank. I've got 7 weeks to finish up my 40b before my daughter is born.

I think I've already figured out what she's getting for her first b-day... Hahaha!

Do you have any details on the LED build (like a separate thread)? Looks cleeeeeeean btw.

I will try to get a few pic's of the light for ya.. It's a super simple setup.

Thurs not alot of info on them, but ive read that they can be kept in small tanks, http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/oct2004/fish.htm

Thanks I will go read right now

cdelicath

I remember seeing one a while back on here made out of the white acrylic and thinking how nice it looked. This is just a simple 1" square aluminum bar from the hardware store a 40mm fan and some acrylic.

4347198340_e109a92fe4_m.jpg4347198430_0ff339fcdd_m.jpg

4346453305_faae9015cb_m.jpg

4347198672_1bd4ca4681_m.jpg4346453373_9348f28ab0_m.jpg4347198606_59d1e13947_m.jpg

Zo0k365

Really great looking! You're an awesome father for doing that. :P

It looks so sleek compared to most of the aio tanks that i always see.

Berkey

Tank looks fantastic that is for sure. Your skills are amazing, been following this thread. Saw that you were looking for a fish, maybe a nice pair of Trimma rubromaculatus, not super extravagant but could provide some interest.

cdelicath

Those are cool little guys too!

Angelynn

Wow, i can't believe it only a 1 strip light running on 5 Cree lights only! What kind of corals can you put in the tank with that amount of lights?

i wish i have all the tools that i can cut up and make fixture clean and simple as you instead of handmade. :(:)

cdelicath
Wow, i can't believe it only a 1 strip light running on 5 Cree lights only! What kind of corals can you put in the tank with that amount of lights?

i wish i have all the tools that i can cut up and make fixture clean and simple as you instead of handmade. :(:)

My whites put out 160lm which is a bit more then the Cree but even with just the 5 LED's I don't think I will have any issues adding whatever I want.

We will see!!!