Cultivated Reef

What's the best nano aquascape you've ever seen

ReefDreamz

Seriously, the Art Institutes are such ####ty schools that I wouldn't even brag about going to one let alone calling it a high-end art school. Going to AI did nothing good for me and other than my student loan debts, I literally have nothing to show from going there because it sucked. So much that I can't even reference it professionally because my peers would laugh at me.

Sweet!

my buddy is in the same predicament down here @ lauderdale ai. he had an article posted on fb about a lawsuit against them for screwing their students financially. or something like that

my aquascape is pretty awesome. Fab, overlay the spiral to show everyone how i subconsciously used it in my design. kthx.

1062004639_z7Twm-L.jpg

Note the use of negative space. Also, I added rocks.

I like this. How'd you do the pillar on the left?

The past few pages...

...made my night.

Also, my crack at a bonsai setup (sorry for the quality)

1014002046.jpg

The best? No.

But it's the first setup I've kept for over two months

That has to count for something, right? :P

Let's see you put an overlay on THIS sucka.

Edited by Wiil
fearofablackmetalplanet

this thread is full of great ideas, and all the esoteric artschool nerdery has made my slow day at work alot less boring! The drama has been as entertaining (or maybe moreso) than the aquascaping haha.

• 1 month later...

Some nice reefs here. One thing I have on my mind though... How do the Japanese always have such cool tanks!? Like seriously... There are tons of awesome tanks on sites that I cannot read even. Massive coral grow out and the like. It's amazing.

Not that there aren't any amazing tanks in the "west", but geez...

Trick, thanks for linking to elsefailed's tank thread... It rocks hard!

I think the Japanese have the advantage since traditional Japanese aesthetics (like wabi-sabi) favor simplicity and natural forms, and those aesthetics are ingrained in most of their cultural activities. When you look at bonsai and ikebana (Japanese flower arrangements), it's not hard to imagine that aesthetic transferring to aquariums.

• Like 1
animalmaster6
Some nice reefs here. One thing I have on my mind though... How do the Japanese always have such cool tanks!? Like seriously... There are tons of awesome tanks on sites that I cannot read even. Massive coral grow out and the like. It's amazing.

They do seem to have access to the rare angels, tangs, gobies, and everything lol. They just seem to have a different style of reefing then us.

They do seem to have access to the rare angels, tangs, gobies, and everything lol. They just seem to have a different style of reefing then us.

I was friends with an importer of freshwater in Oregon. The distributors know that they can get way more money for things in some Asian and European markets than they can in the US. Some of the things he'd get in were shipped straight to Japan and weren't even offered here even though they would spend time on US soil.