Coral Vue Hydros

What's the best nano aquascape you've ever seen

ReefDreamz

I was fond of my NC6 scape in it's prime, back a couple of years ago

2emndb8.jpg

2vxrhw4.jpg

That's hip. I dig when people allow their corals to grow! Congrats on being patient and achieving a very grown in mature look.

Not Mine:

10gfts1121409.jpg

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=2641656

When planning your aquascape, try to make use of the golden ratio. Google it if you've never heard of it.

No offense, but that is downright hideous...

Why hideous ???

He made a tree type structure out of LR. He has different color morphs of torch corals for the branch ends and GSP for grass.

There is more artistic creativity in this tank then 98% of the tanks on NR.com

I have been watching his build thread form the beginning --- A big thumbs up. B) Besides this is a fairly new tank. Let it grow out for a year or so and it should look even more awesome.

Edited by c_k_kuehne
No offense, but that is downright hideous...

I agree, I've been seeing some hideous looking bonsai aquascapes lately. I realize the bonsai scape is HUGE at the moment but it doesn't mean that they all look good. The key is to make it look natural, and having one rock sticking straight up with corals glued on it doesn't always look good.

Why hideous ???

He made a tree type structure out of LR. He has different color morphs of torch corals for the branch ends and GSP for grass.

There is more artistic creativity in this tank then 98% of the tanks on NR.com

I have been watching his build thread form the beginning --- A big thumbs up. B) Besides this is a fairly new tank. Let it grow out for a year or so and it should look even more awesome.

"artistic creativity"?! We're talking about fish tanks here, not paintings. :huh:

I like that bonsai they made, gives you a focal point. So tired of the rock mounds and rock walls. Need more depth. We need an amano of salt water!!!

• Like 1
"artistic creativity"?! We're talking about fish tanks here, not paintings. :huh:

In the beginning one is into corals and fish and LR and critters and hitchhikers. At that point in time, playin with your hands in the reef is all good. I use to take my hour lunch -- 20 min ride home (and eat lunch) -- 20 min to stare -- 20 min ride back to work.

Sooner or later you get over that. Eventually you start having creative ideas about your setup or creative ideas about your livestock. The standard hardware setup with the standard LR scape with a few crevices and some standard corals or a rock wall is just "plain Jane" and boring. At that point tanks worth mentioning start coming into play.

YES we are creating works of art in the media we choose (reef tanks) -- or at least some of us are ;)

Davidr2340 -- I guess that's not your tank since you don't know how big it is -- but still a good example of creative expression in the reef "media"

Edited by c_k_kuehne
Not quite sure how big this tank is, but...

4425221791_bb4c40e61c.jpg

B)

^^this rules, and the CORAL magazine 2010 calendar has a real reef pic with 2 structures just like that. My next tank will have a very similar rockscape (with 2 columns).

• 4 months later...
Not quite sure how big this tank is, but...

4425221791_bb4c40e61c.jpg

B)

Dang you!

I saw the tread title and was going to post this tank. Its actually a friend of mines tank!

Here is an updated picture of it.

4627842783_673cd589e7.jpg

Edited by Fishdizzle
  • Like 1

Some tanks photograph great, but then there are others like Konolua's that you can't appreciate until you see his movies (his tank is one of my favorites).

My personal favorites feel like almost different tanks when you look at them from different angles but then they have some element that pulls it back together.

Personally I prefer chaotic tanks to zen like single single species tanks (I prefer English Gardens to Japanese Gardens too).

• 2 weeks later...