Innovative Marine Aquariums

What's the best nano aquascape you've ever seen

ReefDreamz

Has anyone got some nice shots of a 10Gal? I was planning on an upgrade but it's not in the foreseeable future so I want to redo my aquascape. Plenty of rock, just need to learn to work with minimal space.

10gfts.JPG

I find myself with an abundance of space.

bump for more pics.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm................

pics.........

for postarety adding disasters big tank.

post-24770-1266421527_thumb.jpg

Edited by bitts
  • 3 weeks later...
whats the consensus on the best way to setup an aquascape? epoxy, acrylic rods, zip tie's, eggcrate selfs.

does any one know of a really good way to do a bare bottom without the rocks sliding around, a sandbed without the rocks shifting. while still leaving the rocks removable for when you break the tank down to move it?

I've helped a few do this. Its not a complete bare bottom, but just a good in their minds. Go to a plastic supplier and ask if they have any 3/8 poly that is used for cutting boards. Then cut that to fit the bottom of your tank. This allows you to drill into it and attach acrylic/poly/wood dowls into it. Thus giving one a bit of a foundation to impale your rocks upon.

does anyone reconize this tank, cant rember how i came across it.

It's Steve Hurlock's 1200 gallon tank in Colorado, it was designed by Jake Adams so you may have come across it on ReefBuilders.com.

Not saltwater. But, great inspiration. :happy:

*and the best scape ever.

aquascape-5.jpg

I love it, good looking pwood and great idea. Might have to steal it. I am working on my planted 75 at the moment may try a small tank next.

It's Steve Hurlock's 1200 gallon tank in Colorado, it was designed by Jake Adams so you may have come across it on ReefBuilders.com.

thank you.

Seabass

Thanks for the link to that tank thread.

I've had the pic you posted for forever and just now clicked on it. Wow I thought it was like an aquarium somewhere.

Again thanks jp

After seeing those again it is clear that one of the most important aspects of aquascaping is good photography. There are plenty of good scapes around but people take crappy pics of them so we never get to see whats really there. :lol:

I agree with the photo thing. There are many life-changing tanks out there shot with what appear to be toy cameras and therefore look awful, and then there are poorly executed tanks that a good camera, photographer, and touch up can make look like a piece of the ocean.

These tanks are a way to relax, and as such, the ones that blow my mind are the real open flow ones. Personally, an open water column is more appealing that open sand, but both are beautiful!

Depth is key.....

Wow, all these scapes are much better than mine.

I wouldn't necessarily say that, but regardless, you executed flawlessly on making your reef tank a part of your home. THAT is hard and unique. Well done!

Integration within the home is just as much a part of the hobby as anything and is also part of the illusion. I love seeing tanks that look good both inside and outside.

When planning your aquascape, try to make use of the golden ratio. Google it if you've never heard of it.

+1

All my aquascaping pretty much abide by it:

picospiral1.jpg

picospiral2.jpg

maxspiral.jpg

Thanks. The funny thing is I really don't sit there with a ruler and a compass, I kinda eyeball it as I go along and things just fall together that way. It must be my OCD, it's a few notches short of autism. :rolleyes:

I googled golden ratio and I still don't get it. I is stupid :)

El fabuloso I can put that red template over many reefs and it would work the same way......I JUST DON"T GET IT.

Your aquascaping does look great though :)

I googled golden ratio and I still don't get it. I is stupid :)

El fabuloso I can put that red template over many reefs and it would work the same way......I JUST DON"T GET IT.

What about it don't you get? The golden ratio is all about proportions and you can create an eye-pleasing visual layout by staying within those proportions.

You should watch this: