inTank Media Baskets

What's the best nano aquascape you've ever seen

ReefDreamz

Those are nice tanks but they're far from being nano reefs.

Small scale replication would be pretty easy ;) Inspiration is inspiration right?

My 30br is going to be similar to the second one since the first wont translate out into a peninsula very well.

Edited by TJ_Burton
The first is my favorite tank to date.

Aquascaped/Coralscaped absolutely wonderfully.

The second is one I really like, but still doesn't beat the first!

tj dont supose you links to those thread/tanks?

Nope :(

Wish I did though! Just found them in a missive folder of reef pics I have collected over the years.

Nope :(

Wish I did though! Just found them in a missive folder of reef pics I have collected over the years.

i think i know that folder.

Rimlessreef.com is the second tank. It's my favorite tank (in the US)

You can't touch those freakin Japanese tanks.

here's where I get my ideas. Yeah yeah, "RC sucks" but they do have good info.

Aquascaping thread

Edited by Nemo Niblets

somebody on here has a great tall tank with SPS up top and wayyyy down below...loaded with LPS. wish I could remember who it was though. it would be really tricky getting good flow in that tank, not to mention cleaning the bottom half UGG :eek:

Almost everything that applies to composition in art/photography can help with your tank. Try to also look at natural reefs for ideas. Many of the best tanks don't have randomly placed corals, and often a few large colonies is more dramatic than a tank stuffed with many frags.

Exactly.

In any reef it's giant hunks of intricate rocks.

In our tanks we need to choose pieces that appear to be homogeneous,

and/or islands.. You know what I mean.

When I get this tank maintenance gig I'm buying an underwater camera,

I love free diving and I want to take pics.

Unless the volcanic particulate that's in the air that's worse than LA smog gets to me.

If that's the case I'm toast and won't be swimming.

Edited by jm82792

whats the consensus on the best way to setup an aquascape? epoxy, acrylic rods, zip tie's, eggcrate selfs.

does any one know of a really good way to do a bare bottom without the rocks sliding around, a sandbed without the rocks shifting. while still leaving the rocks removable for when you break the tank down to move it?

What does everyone think of this background.I think it would be something to think about to help with depth in our small tanks.

img_8463.jpg

I think it looks great from several feet away, but would probably look super hokey in a small tank when you get up close and can see the details. The illusion would also be completely ruined unless you kept that back glass spotless at all times. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1
I think it looks great from several feet away, but would probably look super hokey in a small tank when you get up close and can see the details. The illusion would also be completely ruined unless you kept that back glass spotless at all times. Just my 2 cents.

I dont think it would work in a small tank at all, in a large tank though, say something 3' wide, it'd look fantastic! You would have to keep it clean though.

post-7376-1264636104_thumb.jpg

In my opinion this is a crappy composition. You can't have tabling on one side and stag on the other It just looks goofy (the composition). The tank looks beautiful though.

NaClCrocodile

Has anyone got some nice shots of a 10Gal? I was planning on an upgrade but it's not in the foreseeable future so I want to redo my aquascape. Plenty of rock, just need to learn to work with minimal space.

post-7376-1264636104_thumb.jpg

In my opinion this is a crappy composition. You can't have tabling on one side and stag on the other It just looks goofy (the composition). The tank looks beautiful though.

hmmm....

That is odd, because in the wild that is usually how it goes.

post-7376-1264806437_thumb.jpg

post-7376-1264806521_thumb.jpg

• Haha 1