Cultivated Reef

What's the best nano aquascape you've ever seen

ReefDreamz

... if your nano was six feet front to back :lol:
Inorite :)

Actually, I was bumping the thread (as nobody had replied yet), and it was the first Google Image result for 'reef aquascape'. I've seen it before (it's pretty nice). However, I'm thinking that a deep tank (like a 24" cube, or maybe even a 40 breeder) substituting some zoanthids and maybe some brain coral for the SPS might work on a smaller scale.

Edited by seabass
  • Like 1
The best scapes, IMO, use only a few select pieces (versus a random mix) of rock and leave a lot of empty space, both in the water an on the sand bed. Dapellegrini's tank is one example, but that and other nice tanks can be found here:

http://www.nano-reef.com/featured/

After seeing those again it is clear that one of the most important aspects of aquascaping is good photography. There are plenty of good scapes around but people take crappy pics of them so we never get to see whats really there. :lol:

• Haha 1

I think one of the simplest things you can do to make your aquascape really "pop" that so many people overlook is a clean background. I see so many nice looking tanks that are set against a background of a wall of coralline and tubeworm covered glass. It looks....meh. Check out "GobyInPeace"'s tank, and Steve Weast's tank above. Nice clean backdrops.

Not Mine:

10gfts1121409.jpg

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=2641656

When planning your aquascape, try to make use of the golden ratio. Google it if you've never heard of it.

neanderthal that rocks! also agree that having clean glass helps. using gsp on the back wall and floor turns out to be an intressting look.

more pics.

untitled18.bmp

Edited by bitts

Almost everything that applies to composition in art/photography can help with your tank. Try to also look at natural reefs for ideas. Many of the best tanks don't have randomly placed corals, and often a few large colonies is more dramatic than a tank stuffed with many frags.

yea thats what you said in your post. but it dosent change the pic. or the fact you found it and brought it to my attention. once again thank you.

The first is my favorite tank to date.

Aquascaped/Coralscaped absolutely wonderfully.

The second is one I really like, but still doesn't beat the first!

post-7376-1264636104_thumb.jpg

post-7376-1264636159_thumb.jpg

• Like 2