reef2.5

my pico methodology contest build

reef2.5

almost done with my typhon l.e.d. controller it will allow me to program sunrise/sunset effect and down the road ill add a moon light program as well as a storm program thats just crazy to me

IMAG0111.jpg

this one will be the wave maker as ill be adding a pump after the contest is over and why not a wavemaker right how cool will that be and eventually combine them for a storm mode night mode feeding and so on i cant wait

IMAG0112.jpg

.Newman.

beware of wrecking your reef in storm mode. those hurricanes can be deadly to marine life :lol:

reef2.5

####ty morning for the tank woke up to a melting ric so I poked him and nothing dang why? Did an emergency water change removed the ric and now I'm riding the train to work bummer dang darnit I'm so bummed out

.Newman.

too bad. my only and first ric died in my 3 gal too. have no idea why it happened either.

maybe something in your tank stung it?

reef2.5

Do acans sting cause that's the only thing that's really close to it

.Newman.

sure they do, but were the acans touching the ric? or the other way around?

reef2.5

Could have been either or. Would it make a difference

.Newman.

no

brandon429

you have done really well on this build great job

reef2.5

Thanks its been fun. I can't wait tell I can start on my 55 gal. this summer the best part is my girlfriend is totally into it and we all know what that means. ... I get to all out I can't wait. But as far as this one goes I think the hardest part is not being able to do anything to it. Its killing me

.Newman.

killing all of us lol

I WANT monti cap and birdsnest in my pico:P

reef2.5

I think I'm going try going just sps on the deep side and the Gsp and zoas on the shallow side.

.Newman.

that does sound like a very interesting plan :)

reef2.5

bad and good news. the bad news first came home from work to find the pom pom , and both the two blue leg hermits all eating my clown goby, and the pulsing xenia died. the good news i hated the xenia. so what are some different fish you guys think could live in my tank?

.Newman.

trimma goby comes to mind. tho pom pom can prolly kill it.

reef2.5

Do you think the pom pom is the killer ae they known for that

.Newman.

well its a carnivore, and has two stinging anemones. i it got too hungry i am sure it is able to kill fish sitting on the substrate, so ya i think it was. is there a reason why the goby might have died on its own? can a coral sting it to death?

reef2.5

Your prob. Right he was totally happy and healthy as I like to say " lifes rough in the tank " and the trimma goby was prtty cool

Oakleyguy89

Hey how much for a 2.5 gal edge tank? :D Love the tank setup. Sorry about the goby, that sucks. I was at petco today and in one of their tanks a brittle starfish killed a lawnmower blenny right before me. :huh: How come you dont miss your xenia? They look cool and i bet it would be fun to propagate them.

reef2.5

i didnt like the xenia only cause it was just taking over so fast and it didnt stay put it "walked" around alot but my girlfriend had to have it. As far as building you a tank your timing isnt that great my girlfriend is ten days over due to have our first baby so i just cant start that for you would love to talk about it

jdl

it is a good thing the xenia is gone if it was "walking". that stuff can turn into a pain in the a$$

reef2.5

Yes it can and can I just say this contest has been a lot of fun but I can not wait tell its over and I can add stuff to my tank again I drive buy all these coral shops and I have to juust pass them buy.......its very hard

reef2.5

Ok so the contest is over finally its been a long year of waiting to change stuff in my tiny tank. But some how my amazing girlfriend got me a 20 gallon because she wants fish. So point being I think ill be putting The Reef's Edge up for sale but not sure what to ask for it. Do you guys think 300 is to much for a turnkey one of a kind all in one pico please be honest and let me know what would be a reasonble price thanks a lot and if anyone wants to make an offer please do.

.Newman.

I'd say try $200 obo..

Too bad you can't keep this thing running, it only gets better with age (unless you kill it lol)

Edited by .Newman.

ELGORDOINAVW

I say bump the GF and keep the pico-