Cultivated Reef

my pico methodology contest build

reef2.5

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No problem! Good luck in the contest.

Are you going to make us all (12 contestants) a banner --- If we all get one then we can call you a sponsor ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so ive been reading up on the arduino led controllers and started to order parts for this build http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...o+wants+a+cheap but dont worry guys it probablly wont be finished very soon. and the big question, is getting an emerald crab strictlly to clean nasty bristly red algea he's the only critter small enough to fit in my tiny tank any votes??? is an emerald crab clean up crew yes or no???

ultimately I'd ask c_k

i certainly think these crabs are clean up crew, but are you replacing anything in your tank? theres some specific rule about replacing CUC that you will want to check with c_k for.

No new livestock additions after Aug 31st (only exception is CUC, no replacements of other livestock). To me it sounds ok. As long as every one is ok with it?

Yup its not that I don't want either it looks nice I just need something to keep it under control its growing really fast and when I prune it with forceps or my fingers little pices go every where and its spreding

That Birdsnest is cranking, man.

some nice growth shots

birdsnest.jpg

growth3.jpg

IMAG0057.jpg

i thought it was pretty sweet, and out of all the years ive had reef tanks, freshwater tanks terrariums ive never taken so many pics and its pretty cool i think wish i would have found nanoreef sooner!!!

• 2 weeks later...

nano reefing sure is great huh? always exciting.

But you need to clean that glass well before the really hard to get off algae gets a foothold. your last shots just look way too cloudy with that algae there lol.

Placed my first few orders for my typhon led controller that stuff is pretty cheap but I'm having to a lot of small orders the bummer part is the shipping for everything is going to be the same as all the parts but oh well its not a cheap hobby right

Archived