inTank Media Baskets

my pico methodology contest build

reef2.5

So reef2.5 where did you get that tank at and if you built it can you give me some instructions on how to build my own? I just bought a 5.5 and I am wanting to add a micro ledge in my tank. Thanks

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So reef2.5 where did you get that tank at and if you built it can you give me some instructions on how to build my own? I just bought a 5.5 and I am wanting to add a micro ledge in my tank. Thanks

Well I did build it. If you look on page 5 it has some dry shots I didn't take any pics of the biuld process. I did think of just converting a tank already done but then you have this dead spot under the ledge. So I'm not to sure how you could pull that off there is another tank like you want to do that I've seen on here. I could give you my cut list that I used to build mine then you could order all the pieces and just asemble or I would love to build you a "plug and play" system. Hopefully that helps a bit if not maybe more specific questions

To every one else thanks for all the great comments and good luck to all can't wait to see those aug. Pics

• 2 weeks later...

I finished my led fixture last night to replace the 20 watt pc bulb yippee. It looks way different the coral accually has color and just in time for the aug. Pic I just hope all the coral takes to it well

thesmallerthebetter
Well I did build it. If you look on page 5 it has some dry shots I didn't take any pics of the biuld process. I did think of just converting a tank already done but then you have this dead spot under the ledge. So I'm not to sure how you could pull that off there is another tank like you want to do that I've seen on here. I could give you my cut list that I used to build mine then you could order all the pieces and just asemble or I would love to build you a "plug and play" system. Hopefully that helps a bit if not maybe more specific questions

To every one else thanks for all the great comments and good luck to all can't wait to see those aug. Pics

hey man, lovin the new tank :) definitly a fun idea :)

my question tho is what happened to your little 1/4 gallon? you still have it layin around somewhere?

its sittin in the basment collecting dust if you wanted it we could totally work something out. i had to use the lights in the new tank but it still has the pump.

thesmallerthebetter
its sittin in the basment collecting dust if you wanted it we could totally work something out. i had to use the lights in the new tank but it still has the pump.

im definitely interested :) go ahead and send me a pm and ill check it tomorrow morning when i get home from work

nice shot glass. but its like one of those pics that if you stare at the photo long enough you noticed that there is a tank about an inch above the shotglass

• 2 weeks later...

Just amazing!!! I just finished my Retro LED Aqualight so now I need to cut some acrylic and make my ledge. Cant wait for mine to start to take shape.

Just amazing!!! I just finished my Retro LED Aqualight so now I need to cut some acrylic and make my ledge. Cant wait for mine to start to take shape.

the only thing i would say is seal in the ledge area so there is no stagnet water and debris

do you have a build thread ide love to see what your doing with the same style of reef

So I stoped buying water from the shop and bought some salt I got "h2ocean" so far I've done four changes and already seen massive changes in color and some really quick growth on the bird nest. What kind of salt do you guys use? Also don't think has to do with the new salt but my trumpet is totally spilting soon ill have four heads. This is such a fun hobby and contest thanks to all of you 12 who stuck it out hope to see you all at the end

• 2 weeks later...

So I know its kind of scary to start changing stuff when its going good but I'm just not getting the coraline growth that I would like to see. So I got ,nanocode 2 part system and a calcium test kit hopefully that gives it a kick. Any thing else I should be testing for????

• 2 weeks later...

this is what i got when i tried

Board Message

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board. A valid format is: http://www.domain.com/picture.gif, an invalid format is: http://www.domain.com/picture.one.gif

dont know how to do this stuff i guess any help

Mr. Microscope

reef25banner.jpg

Try this one. It's centered. I think the problem might be with the ticker. Take that out first. Put it in your first thread post if you want to keep it. Bigrok, that might be your problem too. I just tried putting it in my sig and it worked.

Archived