Coral Vue Hydros

my pico methodology contest build

reef2.5

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thesmallerthebetter

wow man, lookin hotttttt

cant wait to see that sucker stocked....ive wanted to do a tank like that, on a much larger scale for a long time.....with sea grass and gonis, euphyillias, and elegances on the shallow end and deepwater acros, dendrophyllia, and maybe a few carnations on the deep end......

good luck with your set up :) very excited to see how this turns out

c_k_kuehne

Looking really sweet. A pico ledge -- I didn't really get that in the original picture but now it's all clear to me. Going to be an awesome pico. Sort of glad you switched tanks myself.

Yup I'm pretty happy with the switch as well. The only thing that went wrong is the sand is just too fine and blows around so I'm going to switch that tonight after work. Can't wait for the dang cycle to finish just counting days until I can't add or change anything its gettin close

That tank achieves the perfect look. It looks so much bigger than 1.5 gallons. Did you end up cutting the rock with a saw like you planned?

Stocking plans i really like a pompom crab ive never kept one before but from what ive been reading its pretty neat little guy that wont outgrow the tank. im also thinking maybe a green clown goby. as far as coral i really enjoy the GSP and i hope to find a nice plant for the shallow side to create the whole look, but as far as any other witch there will be just going to go shopping i guess. and yes i used the masonary saw blade and it worked great the whole back wall is only one peice im really happy with how it turned out. thanks for all the comments

small update, so tanks been zero across the board for a couple of days so i picked up 2 cerith snails and a tiny scarlet hermit crab and they are goin to town on the algea.

• 3 weeks later...

current stocking list:

greens star polyp

small multi colored zoa colony

kenya tree coral

i think a trumpet coral

fuzzy green mushroom

4 tiny blue leg hermits

1 nerite snail

1 cerith snail

1 pom pom crab

mini brittle star on the move

minibrittlestar-1.jpg

pom pom crab

pompomwaving-1.jpg

trupet coral let me know if i'm wrong

trumpetcoral-1.jpg

green fuzzy mushroom

greenfuzzymushroom-1.jpg

and my june fts

junefts-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

went to to shop and found some critters. got a mystery coral any hints on what it is. and thats a pulsing xenia its just not that happy yet just put it in. luckly my girlfriend who loves the hobby spotted two small peices floating in the back of the frag tank got both for 5 bucks. also got a tiny little frag of chalice, acouple of plants, pink birds nest and my favorite a green clown goby who is real shy so far no pics

identifyplease.jpg

ParanoidObseshun

I like how you setup your tank, Nicely Done! Things are looking good. Im not completely sure but I think your mystery coral might be a lobo perhaps?

im gonna take a wild guess and say its a blasto lol. I have no clue what brain corals look like especially when theyre closed :P

Your tank is awesome (one of my favorites) but from the FTS's it is really hard to tell just how small it really is. "I" know how small it is because I have been following along since the beginning. But others might not realize just how small this is.

Was wondering if you could take a pic of the tank from a few feet back with a lighter/shot glass/coffee cup etc... sitting in front of the tank so others might realize just how small of a tank you have.

So does that mean I have your vote haha

:haha: We have a long ways to go for that and a lot can happen between now and Jan 31st 2011 --- but I do like your tank ;)

Archived