ReefCleaners.org

my pico methodology contest build

reef2.5

so funny story, this tank really started out just as a pracitce bending acrylic then as soon as i bent it and it looked good that was it. now i have a 1/4 gallon AIO micro pico that i lit up with four watts of light from two cool white xr-e and two blue xr-e. i used an old table fountian pump for the current and i am collecting all parts i need to build a micro heater. so thats it havn't got to thinking about stocking it any ideas?

the old tank

MarchFTS-1.jpg

the new tank

AUGFTS.jpg

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I went to my lfs to check out what they got for me plenty of zoas but am I going to have limits as far as other stuff I know ill have size but what about tiny frags under my lighting

Can't wait to see it in action. As for stocking maybe zoa's, gsp, well I guess with your light you should be able to do just about any lps. Your only real limiting factor is size and maybe an ATO just so your water levels don't go bonkers every 12hrs.

thesmallerthebetter

hehe :P

what are the dimensions on that sucker?

its cool to see another sub-Gallon reef in this contest :P

just be sure to check the table fountain's innards for grease. occasionally those little power heads are lubed up inside (not good for a reef), or not made out of stainless, causing leaching and corrosion. What GPH are you getting out of it? what brand fountain? Pics? :P

an ATO is almost a must

cant wait to see how this turns out, seeing as how my tank looks about the same size :P

E

hehe :P

what are the dimensions on that sucker?

its cool to see another sub-Gallon reef in this contest :P

just be sure to check the table fountain's innards for grease. occasionally those little power heads are lubed up inside (not good for a reef), or not made out of stainless, causing leaching and corrosion. What GPH are you getting out of it? what brand fountain? Pics? :P

an ATO is almost a must

cant wait to see how this turns out, seeing as how my tank looks about the same size :P

The dimensions are 5" wide by 4" deep by 3" high the canopy is 2" tall. The display area is 2x5x3 the filter area is the same

When I get home I'm totally ripping apart that pump to make sure its not greasie. As far as gph no idea and ill post a couple more pics when I'm at my comp.

thesmallerthebetter
E

The dimensions are 5" wide by 4" deep by 3" high the canopy is 2" tall. The display area is 2x5x3 the filter area is the same

When I get home I'm totally ripping apart that pump to make sure its not greasie. As far as gph no idea and ill post a couple more pics when I'm at my comp.

nice dimensions :)

good plan on the pump, patiently waiting for pics :)

nice dimensions :)

good plan on the pump, patiently waiting for pics :)

this is as good as it gets with my cell phone. im also working on a pet bottle style ATO just need more acrylic ill go get it soon.

post-47792-1264555987_thumb.jpg

post-47792-1264555994_thumb.jpg

That is a tiny tank! Awesome!! Got the link added to the first post in the contest thread. :happy:

sweet thanks and thanks i cant wait to get started

can i keep tiny sps frags under these lights a 1 watt wht and 1 watt blue cree xr-e

No one has said it yet so here it goes...get a Tang.

I just ordered my yellow tang he's only 1.5 inches right now that sho8uld be ok right lol.

I just ordered my yellow tang he's only 1.5 inches right now that sho8uld be ok right lol.

I was told if it can spin around 3 times in the tank and only hit its head one time on the tank he is good to go! :P

sweet thanks and thanks i cant wait to get started

can i keep tiny sps frags under these lights a 1 watt wht and 1 watt blue cree xr-e

with that size tank --- it's worth a try --- and if it doesn't work just keep tweaking until Aug. 31st --- just have it stable by then.

ok the whole two watts are finished my first salder job wasnt to bad cant wait to start a bigger light build for my ten gallon but thats down the road any ways cant wait to get started. the only thing im not happy with is the color split with the wht and blue but its probably just me looking to hard

post-47792-1264658841.jpg

post-47792-1264658863_thumb.jpg

thesmallerthebetter
ok the whole two watts are finished my first salder job wasnt to bad cant wait to start a bigger light build for my ten gallon but thats down the road any ways cant wait to get started. the only thing im not happy with is the color split with the wht and blue but its probably just me looking to hard

this is a common problem with trying to blend LEDs over tiny tanks.

if it was me i would have did 4 LEDs, even tho its about of power, mounting them in a

Blue White

White Blue

Formation would have been preferred....just my opinion.

or maybe three done with a

White

Blue Blue

Formation?

just my $0.02

anywayssssss any pics of the lights over the tank :haha:

this is a common problem with trying to blend LEDs over tiny tanks.

if it was me i would have did 4 LEDs, even tho its about of power, mounting them in a

Blue White

White Blue

Formation would have been preferred....just my opinion.

or maybe three done with a

White

Blue Blue

Formation?

just my $0.02

anywayssssss any pics of the lights over the tank :haha:

So I ordered more lights you think that it will be too much or that I won't have a prob. For sps frags cause that's a lot of light all though it has a pot. To adjust the power. Pics to fallow soon

Archived